Honda Gives the Pick-Up Treatment to the New Civic Type R

If the date was April 1st this would be classified as a good Aprils fool joke without a second thought.

Since it’s not April 1st let me just say the darn thing is seriously ugly. For every model they produced they ruined an otherwise fine Civic Type R in my books.

For every model they produced they ruined an otherwise fine Civic Type R in my books.
To make this, Honda used a pre-production CTR - which would be crushed otherwise.

Rednecks & peckerwoods everywhere are drooling!

:drool:

It looks better than the standard CTR. But then so does quite literally everything else in the world.

If they took it a little more serious, they could make a legit light truck out of it.

It would look way better without the spoiler, but they seemed intent on keeping it.

VBR
Rednecks & peckerwoods everywhere are drooling!

:drool:
what self respecting redneck is going to pick a a FWD Honda UTE over an S10 or ranger? None, thats who! But then, utes have not really been an american forte since the early 80's. Baja's arent exactly wildly popular here and thats all we got for a modern ute.
Personally, I hope this never sees the light of production day. Just silly to make a car like this a pick up.

Since it is a "truck" they should take off the rear wing and it would look pretty good.

Also, needs to be RWD since it's a ute. lol :) Might as well just make a Ridgeline Tape-R.

dear Honda, what happened? can we get a clean looking car back please?

upload_2018-5-25_11-57-49.png

So cutting off the back end of a car roof makes it a truck? LOL
I actually like this. Not saying it's a winner, but I like weird things done with cars.

Back