Tackle Le Mans Against John Hindhaugh in Forza 7's ForzaRC June Bounty Hunter

• Referee Driver Gear – Beat John Hindhaugh
  • 50,000 Credits – Set a leaderboard time within top 10%
Really?
The average Forza player can earn more than 50,000 credits in under 15 minutes of normal career play.
It seems like there is no significant incentive to push yourself beyond the top 25%, as the only rewards are credits and a driver gear.

I expected at least some kind of car as the top prize, for at least then it may be valuable for its exclusivity.

Really?
The average Forza player can earn more than 50,000 credits in under 15 minutes of normal career play.
It seems like there is no significant incentive to push yourself beyond the top 25%, as the only rewards are credits and a driver gear.

I expected at least some kind of car as the top prize, for at least then it may be valuable for its exclusivity.

Yeah, I thought the same. Then again, maybe it's a response to the folks that are frustrated with exclusive cars being stuck behind very very quick drivers like Newgarden. This seems like an overcorrection though — and no offence to Hindy, but I'm guessing he won't be quite as challenging to beat.

Looking forward to seeing another of the old Forza 4 cars which were lost with the next generation of consoles switch.
Looks like Horizon 4 could be bringing back other favourites like the Monaro VXR...

Yeah, I thought the same. Then again, maybe it's a response to the folks that are frustrated with exclusive cars being stuck behind very very quick drivers like Newgarden. This seems like an overcorrection though — and no offence to Hindy, but I'm guessing he won't be quite as challenging to beat.
I realized the irony of me wanting cars for the top prize when I couldn't come close to Newgarden's time around Road America.
Man, that was frustrating.

Hi,
In my game, it says the second prize is for setting a time in the top 50% of the players not 75%.
That change a great deal for me as I can achieve top 75%, but top 50% is out of reach for now...

Someone can confirm the actual objective?

Thanks

I realized the irony of me wanting cars for the top prize when I couldn't come close to Newgarden's time around Road America.
Man, that was frustrating.

My memory may be foggy, but I feel like FM4 did things right: you got the car on offer just for participating, but you got a special locked livery if you actually beat the bounty.

I really think the Bounty Hunter program is super cool, and something other games should be doing, but I can see how it's hard to find a balance in terms of difficulty/pay-off, especially as the targets will have varying skill levels. Newgarden is insanely fast in-game, which was unexpected.

Hi,
In my game, it says the second prize is for setting a time in the top 50% of the players not 75%.
That change a great deal for me as I can achieve top 75%, but top 50% is out of reach for now...

Someone can confirm the actual objective?

Thanks

ForzaRC John Hindhaugh Le Mans Challenge Prizes
  • 2012 Mini JCW GP Forza Edition – Set a leaderboard time within top 25%
  • 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Forza Edition – Set a leaderboard time within top 75%
  • 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe – Set a lap time

ForzaRC John Hindhaugh Le Mans Challenge Prizes
  • 2012 Mini JCW GP Forza Edition – Set a leaderboard time within top 25%
  • 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Forza Edition – Set a leaderboard time within top 75%
  • 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe – Set a lap time

Okay, thanks,
THe message in my in game mailbox should be wrong (or badly translated)

I would also like to mention that, if anyone saw this weeks podcast, Mechberg said that he watched Hindhaugh playing FM7 and he said that he's gonna be tough to beat. I don't know if that is just hype, or if there is any truth to that. Take it as you will.

Mechberg said that he watched Hindhaugh playing FM7 and he said that he's gonna be tough to beat. I don't know if that is just hype, or if there is any truth to that. Take it as you will.
I've raced John on a couple of occasions in Gran Turismo events. If you're at my sort of pace, you'll probably beat him, but not by that much.

Well that doesn't sound very tough to beat...
I shouldn't poke fun, but I am almost 15 seconds better. I could probably crash into the tires and still top that. Still, it's much better than "Shmoo Gnu".

I posted a 4:15.259. Am I actually going to beat someone in a Bounty Hunter event?

Edit: And now I've posted a 4:13.560, moving me from top 27% to top 23%. I switched from the most powerful car in the class, the 600hp 2017 Aston Martin #7 AMR V12 Vantage GT3 to the least powerful car in the class, the 465hp 2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTC, and gained almost two seconds. I feel like I could get another second out of it, but it won't gain me any more prizes, so I'm good.

Last edited:
Wooo, I just improved my time from 4:32 with a corvette CR7 to 4.20 and now 4.18 with an Audi R8 LMS...
For now i'm in the top 50% and good for two cars... and maybe the bounty hunter???
That good result would be a first time for me :D

I noticed the maserati was the fastest of the Forza GT, but I cannot master it's handling.

Given that it’s Le Mans, I’d strongly recommend the Maserati MC as I’m currently at a 4:01.151.

Once you’ve gotten used to it’s handling it’s straight line advantage pays dividends. 👍

The Huracan is also pretty good, probably the second fastest car in that division.

Given that it’s Le Mans, I’d strongly recommend the Maserati MC as I’m currently at a 4:01.151.

Once you’ve gotten used to it’s handling it’s straight line advantage pays dividends. 👍

Hmmm, I was saving that one for last. But now I think I'll have to give it a few tries sooner, rather than later. I tried the Beverly Hills silver Lamborghini last night for about 12 - 13 laps. My best was a 4:11. but I still left some time out on the track. My best so far has been a 4:09 in the older Corvette, and that was a fantastic run, shaving about 3 seconds off my best. I don't know if I can get any lower without a little more help from the car. I do want to point out, what the slower cars give up in the straightaways, they make up for in the chicanes and turns. And there are A LOT of places to make up that time.

Ok I'll try to learn that car during the weekend and see what I can get out of it.
Sad it's rental cars only. I cannot tune it.

Got the C7.R around in 4:04 or :03 can’t remember, had faster times with the Bentley but ran wide on two where I barely had one tire off. Gonna give it a go again tonight.

I got a 4:03 with the Huracan, it's a bit slower than the Maserati in pure speed but it handles a lot better. The 991 is also pretty good it seems, judging by the leaderboards at least.

Back