380PP NR-A Roadster Cup

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 312 comments
United States
California
PumpinNumbies
380PP NR-A Roadster Cup
Period of Availability: 2013/01/30 22:00 -
This is an expert level race event using the Mazda MX-5/Miata.
Tuning is allowed up to 380PP
Tire selection is limited to Comfort/Soft or less.

380PP NR-A Roadster Cup: Indy Super Speedway /3 Laps
1st: Cr.165,100 2nd: Cr.90,805 3rd: Cr.66,040

380PP NR-A Roadster Cup: London City Reverse / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.188,000 2nd: Cr.103,400 3rd: Cr.75,200

380PP NR-A Roadster Cup: Suzuka Circuit / 3 Laps
1st: Cr.275,500 2nd: Cr.151,525 3rd: Cr.110,200

380PP NR-A Roadster Cup: Trial Mountain Circuit / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.213,100 2nd: Cr.117,205 3rd: Cr.85,240

380PP NR-A Roadster Cup: Eifel (Kart) 103B / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.254,300 2nd: Cr.139,865 3rd: Cr.101,720

Tunes: All street versions of the Miata Appear to be allowed, check AdrenaTune to find tunes for the model of your choice!

Last edited:
What up with SRF! I prefer no or option to turn off... Wish they would stop this practice...

I wonder if they forgot to click that option off from the Christmas Series?

Thus it keeps coming back! :ouch:!

Least we get another Level 1 Ticket out of it :D

Forced SRF again! :grumpy: A fairly simple set of races though, even on the awful Eifel track it's not difficult to catch the rabbit. I did all races in the '89 (NA Special Package) Roadster with a PP set at 365 with minimal tuning. If I get bored I might will try again later using a different Roadster with lower PP.

Since when was the SRF forced on? It's such a big turnoff. PD decides to create a good Seasonal for once, and then ruin it with the stupid SRF. If this keeps up, I'm going to quit doing the Seasonals.

I sometimes wonder whether anyone at PD realizes that no one outside of their offices actually knows what, specifically, "expert-level race event" means. Which makes it a little pointless to keep notifying us when it is one.

Or it could really be the guy that sends off the seasonals is seriously over looking that he has the SRF on.

Sort of like folks forgetting to turn off their turn signel....for miles and miles :odd:

and miles!

You may have a point DiersZee. I can't imagine why they would want to keep this mandatory for so many different events. Even if it is being done deliberately, PD are again not listening to the howls of protest from the people who play their game. Seems to be systematic of the way they operate though. There seems to have been no investigation and certainly no patch provided to assist those unfortunate people who had the looping problem after the 2.10 update, despite the issue being aired extensively on GT Planet and other forums.

Has anybody else noticed, on indy. The cars are all positioned for perfect drafting with an underpowered car? :lol:

I'm not even going to bother commenting on SRF. Anyone who knows me knows just how riled up I am about it but I'm pretty chill today 👍

My apologies, didn't mean anything by it just know that he is a big anti-SRF devotee.
I hope he isn't in for anything serious?

Here you go:
One last thing here. This is probably my last time here for awhile as I have to go in tomorrow for yet another back operation so I will be out of commision for awhile. I hope to be back tho sooner than later. Don't want to stretch this out any longer than I already have, so I will just say I will miss competing in the TT's and will miss all who I have competed against. Hopefully I will be back stronger than ever. Peace and god bless everyone. Hope to be back soon.

Mitch "CargoRatt"
NGU

Thought I'd give this a go before work this morning. The Indy course is gonna be a tricky one! Highest I got was 6th.

Tunes anyone?

About SRF, in cars with this tiny amount of power does it really make any difference if it is on or off? I know if I couldn't control an MX-5 with no SRF I would give up playing the game.

For me, it's incredibly noticeable. Regardless of the cars power 👍

I'm very sensitive to how my cars handle and when SRF is forced on I pretty much have to not concentrate or I'll just get upset from it feeling so broken and give up.

Also - @ that Eifel circuit.. WTF IS THIS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE?!

Thought I'd give this a go before work this morning. The Indy course is gonna be a tricky one! Highest I got was 6th.

Tunes anyone?

No tune needed for that one my friend, I used a MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA,J) '97 fitted all parts to get up to 380pp ( but no weight reduction) won by over 6secs. The only one I'm having trouble with is London reverse, struggling to get above 3rd....the other four, no worries.

No tune needed for that one my friend, I used a MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA,J) '97 fitted all parts to get up to 380pp ( but no weight reduction) won by over 6secs. The only one I'm having trouble with is London reverse, struggling to get above 3rd....the other four, no worries.

Tune your car to oversteer more 👍

I think I just chucked on 1.3 camber at the front .3 at the rear, -0.09 front toe and +0.18 at the rear

Gave it at least some oversteer so it wasn't so depressing but it should give you some help in london.

For me, it's incredibly noticeable. Regardless of the cars power 👍

I'm very sensitive to how my cars handle and when SRF is forced on I pretty much have to not concentrate or I'll just get upset from it feeling so broken and give up.

Also - @ that Eifel circuit.. WTF IS THIS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE?!

I guess we'll just have to work around it as best we can my friend. At this PP level we should be able to drive without SRF kicking in too much and despite SRF I'm looking forward to having a go at these tonight when I get home :)

@DC455 if you're looking for a tune then you won't do better than check out Adrenalines site, he has tunes and links to every tune on this site. http://www.adrenatune.com/

Tune your car to oversteer more 👍

I think I just chucked on 1.3 camber at the front .3 at the rear, -0.09 front toe and +0.18 at the rear

Gave it at least some oversteer so it wasn't so depressing but it should give you some help in london.

Cheers my friend, will give it a go. I'm running with the camber at F1.7 R0.8 already, but haven't yet adjusted the toe-in so will try that. Thanks for your advice.

I guess we'll just have to work around it as best we can my friend. At this PP level we should be able to drive without SRF kicking in too much and despite SRF I'm looking forward to having a go at these tonight when I get home :)

If you're like me and can't stand the SRF tuning a car for excessive oversteer makes it feel a bit more natural.
It's still not ideal but it's the best work around I've figured out so far :(

Still, trial mountain is practically a money bag. Nothing quite like being paid to drive around my home course, even if it's with training wheels bolted to me.

I'm still winning it at 355pp, wonder how much further I can go

Cheers my friend, will give it a go. I'm running with the camber at F1.7 R0.8 already, but haven't yet adjusted the toe-in so will try that. Thanks for your advice.

Yeah that level of rear toe will be stuffing you up a bit in this situation 👍

If you're like me and can't stand the SRF tuning a car for excessive oversteer makes it feel a bit more natural.
It's still not ideal but it's the best work around I've figured out so far

Tuning the car so that it's stable at turn in and whilst transitioning the corner is the biggest single thing that will help. SRF only kicks in when it detects slippage in a turn so the way to avoid it coming on is not slide the car too much. I'd say tuning to create over-steer might actually make the situation worse....just a thought :)

From my personal experience, I find it more tolerable with excessive oversteer.

It slips a bit more like how it does with SRF off with a far less extreme set-up/
When I'm driving with my tunes that feel great under normal circumstances, they feel atrocious with severe understeer and just overall very floaty and arcadey feel.

which.. y'know is sort of the point of SRF.

I dunno, just from my personal experience I still feel it while driving without letting the car slip too much.

Argon56
Tuning the car so that it's stable at turn in and whilst transitioning the corner is the biggest single thing that will help. SRF only kicks in when it detects slippage in a turn so the way to avoid it coming on is not slide the car too much. I'd say tuning to create over-steer might actually make the situation worse....just a thought :)

In theory yes but in action wouldn't it be different. Haven't tried it but the physics might be different than real life?

I'm sure I must have that variant tucked away somewhere in my 1000's of MX-5's. :lol:
I'll have a look when I get home and give it a whirl.
Thanks for the advice.

In theory yes but in action wouldn't it be different. Haven't tried it but the physics might be different than real life?

I guess I'm only basing this on the Seasonal at Spa in the wet. I really noticed SRF kicking in when the car slid but if I held a decent line and didn't drift the car in the turn then the "hand of god (or PD)" pushing you back on the circuit was imperceptible. Since then I've tried to ensure that I drive the turns as cleanly as possible in these SRF enabled seasonals and it seems to work.

......It may also be that I'm just to dumb to tell the difference though :lol:

I'm sure I must have that variant tucked away somewhere in my 1000's of MX-5's. :lol:
I'll have a look when I get home and give it a whirl.
Thanks for the advice.

No worries, you'll have fun doing London..you'll need to put in a consistent lap of 1:03/04 to be in with a chance. Happy racing

Originally Posted by sheene76

Tune your car to oversteer more

Thank you, it worked....had to may around a bit with the suspension.
Here's what worked for me.

-18 -18
7.6 5.4
5 4
5 4
6 5
Camber & toe as you suggested 1.3 0.8
-0.09 0.8

Thanks for your advice

Back