380PP NR-A Roadster Cup

• Thread starter Adrenaline
  • 312 comments
Yeah, some of the lineups are impossible to beat:banghead: because of the gaps that develop between the AI.

Try running against lineup # 2 after a game re-start. This lineup should have the following cars in the first eleven places:

1) Eunos Roadster NA Special Package
2) Roadster 1600 NRA '04
3) MX-5 Miata NA '89
4) MX-5 (NA) '89
5) MX-5 1800RS NB,J '04
6) MX-5 S-Special NA '95
7) MX-5 1.8RS NB '98
8) MX-5 Miata 1.8RS NB '98
9) MX-5 Miata V-Special NA '93
10) MX-5 Miata VR-Limited NA '95
11) Eunos Roadster J-Limited NA '93

Usually, (but not always) the AI cars in this lineup will string-out in a favorable manner making it possible to draft thru the field for a win.

Good luck!
GTsail

Many thanks to you for the lineup tip and Dotini for the setup. London was driving me crazy and with these two posts I won first time out. Thank you !!!
Nige48

Many thanks to you for the lineup tip and Dotini for the setup. London was driving me crazy and with these two posts I won first time out. Thank you !!!
Nige48

I can't even get close in this event. Even on Trial Mountain using the shortcut through the grass at the end, the best I can do is 3rd place. Am I missing something? Even though I'm not a very good driver, this is the ONLY Seasonal where I can't win a single race regardless of the model, tune, etc. Someone please tell me that this is the hardest Seasonal so I don't feel like I'm going crazy:-)

I can't even get close in this event. Even on Trial Mountain using the shortcut through the grass at the end, the best I can do is 3rd place. Am I missing something? Even though I'm not a very good driver, this is the ONLY Seasonal where I can't win a single race regardless of the model, tune, etc. Someone please tell me that this is the hardest Seasonal so I don't feel like I'm going crazy:-)

As a rough guide you can tell how hard a seasonal is by the number of posts in the thread. This one has 300 so it's a tough one. It doesn't help that there was an update which changed the PP ratings and made it even tougher. The Lambo 550PP thread has over a thousand posts and I think most people would agree that's the hardest one ever. This one might come second though so don't beat yourself up. There are some grids which are unbeatable. Keep cycling the line-up after each race until you find the easiest one then stick with it until you win. If you're lucky someone will have already done the donkey work and posted the best grids above. 300 posts is a lot to trawl through but it's quicker than doing the races.

Thanks man. I agree that the Lambo might even be harder. If I ever win the lottery, remind me not to buy a Lambo:). They look great and are way fast but they don't seem to handle that well, at least in GT5. The NR-A race is kind of silly any IMHO. If you're gonna race 380pp cars, I can think of cooler options that Mazda Roadsters & Miatas:-). Thanks again!

I'm very pleased to report wins in all events against lineup #2 with an '07 Roadster.

All were very fun, but requiring close concentration and often some practice, especially London. I'd be pleased to post my setup spec's, together for the gear ratios for each track, if anyone's interested. Using MT instead of my usual AT was distinctly helpful at Indy and London.

Edit:
'07 Roadster, no oil
includes: ECU, Sports cat, Titanium racing exhaust for 164 hp @ 85% PL
200 kg ballast @ +30 (48/52) for 1300kg

Transmission:
reset to default
Set final to 5.50
Set top speed to 112 mph
1st: 2.574
2nd: 2.010
3rd: 1.612
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.130
6th: 0.987
Final:
Indy: 3.947
London: 5.50
Suzuka: 4.114 s/b > 4.217
Trial Mt: 5.010
Eifel: 4.694 s/b > 5

Suspension (similar to previously posted)
Ride height: -10/-10
Spring rate: 6.0/6.3
Dampers e: 4/4
dampers c: 3/3
Camber: 2.0/1.5
Toe: -0.20/+0.20
LSD: 9/11/8
Brake: 7/6

Having only been on GT5 for a month and running the London track for the first time this tune is absolutely the dogz bolloks, think I was running 1.03.7's through the traffic to take the win on the very last corner, was not the #2 starting grid mentioned earlier in this thread, can't be bothered to go looking for that.

Yeh, getting a bit fed up with the ease of these events. Got another video for it though as always, perhaps some people will find it useful.

Hey OINK ... love the posts , but can you post a north american MX-5 that would be equivalent to the one you chose for the video ... i tried your exact replica and was not able to pass 157HP ... i noticed yours is at 180HP ... Huge difference ... in the end im still coming in at 6th :( Any help would be great. Cheers

Hey OINK ... love the posts , but can you post a north american MX-5 that would be equivalent to the one you chose for the video ... i tried your exact replica and was not able to pass 157HP ... i noticed yours is at 180HP ... Huge difference ... in the end im still coming in at 6th :( Any help would be great. Cheers
This issue has come up alot. What seems to have happened, is that the video was made prior to a patch PD released that changed the PP calculations, however they didn't change the spec for this event, making it alot harder than when I ran it. That is why you cannot reach the specs my car was at, and this video therefore is pretty much out of date. I have no plans to return to GT5 so sadly, don't expect an update on this video :(

Which Miata are you trying to use? Thanks to V2:10 the slightly older models get a huge bonus.
I started with an '04 right at 380PP and was seriously struggling. Then switched to a '97 and at 340PP had more power and over 100kg less weight despite using ballast. (lightened it then used ballast to make it 50/50) Bringing the '97 up to 380PP made all the races extremely easy to win. 340 is doable but you have to drive very cleanly on London.[/quot
This issue has come up alot. What seems to have happened, is that the video was made prior to a patch PD released that changed the PP calculations, however they didn't change the spec for this event, making it alot harder than when I ran it. That is why you cannot reach the specs my car was at, and this video therefore is pretty much out of date. I have no plans to return to GT5 so sadly, don't expect an update on this video :(
I guess its time to upgrade to GT6 then ... :)

Well I have gone back to 5 as I have already finished 6... And this series is now impossible.. No matter which MX-5 I try it can never get even close to getting into the draft at Indy.. Anyone got any ideas or I may just give up on it. Why the hell PD have to play with s&^t is over my head!! How are you supposed to compare your results with others if they can use 400PP cars when you can only use 380PP cars?? :banghead: :ouch:

Well I have gone back to 5 as I have already finished 6... And this series is now impossible.. No matter which MX-5 I try it can never get even close to getting into the draft at Indy.. Anyone got any ideas or I may just give up on it. Why the hell PD have to play with s&^t is over my head!! How are you supposed to compare your results with others if they can use 400PP cars when you can only use 380PP cars?? :banghead: :ouch:

It is very possible to complete this. Here's a video of Indy that I did just after they changed the PP ratings so it's consistent with the way the cars are in the game today. The video is appalling quality, sorry, but it gives you all the info you need.

I ran that race with a DS3 controller so if you have a wheel it should be easier 👍

Edit: here's a link to the tune that I used

Last edited:
I apologise for just how dire the quality of this video is but it's a complete run through of the race with bumper cam view and afterwards a replay with chase cam view.

The things you may notice are that I try to be as smooth as I can with direction changes so I avoid scrubbing too much speed off. Picking your line through the corners is crucial as is picking up tows by drafting when you can.

I ran this race with a DS3 controller but if you are a wheel user then the advantage should be with you as you can be a lot more precise with the steering inputs.

Hope it helps.

Hi there.

Thanks for that. The problem is I can't even get close to getting into the draft no matter which MX-5 I am using.. and even though I have been playing since the original GT I still use the DS3 controller. I am so used to it now I don't know if I could use a wheel and pedals! :)

I will give your set up a try and see how I go.

Cheers
Warren

Hi there.

Thanks for that. The problem is I can't even get close to getting into the draft no matter which MX-5 I am using.. and even though I have been playing since the original GT I still use the DS3 controller. I am so used to it now I don't know if I could use a wheel and pedals! :)

I will give your set up a try and see how I go.

Cheers
Warren

No problem Warren, I used a DS3 in that video so it should equate to how you run and I did it because like you lots of folks were saying it was difficult and I was asked to post a video.

Part of the trick is getting the right line-up as well. Some are much harder although they can all be beaten. It's a bit of a pain but if you cycle back through this thread @GTsail290 posted a list of the line-ups and which one to pick iirc.

Good luck though 👍

Back