Ford Unleashes Its 8-Second Turn Key Drag Car With the Cobra Jet Mustang

I love cobra jets. Used to be my wallpaper for my old tablet thingy haha and my first phone.
upload_2018-8-18_13-41-41.jpeg

Awesome that Ford still make this car. However, the name... "Cobra" "Mustang", never sounds right to me.

Awesome that Ford still make this car. However, the name... "Cobra" "Mustang", never sounds right to me.
Fox body Mustang cobra lmao.

But Fords been calling them that since the 60s mostly because of the Thunder Jet and Cobra Jet engines.

Fox body Mustang cobra lmao.

But Fords been calling them that since the 60s mostly because of the Thunder Jet and Cobra Jet engines.
For sure about the history, but then, to see a Cobra Emblem on the side, front and back, I see a snake riding a horse. :sly:

I don't see why they wouldn't, considering there is a big motorsports market especially on the grass roots level that their competitors are apart of. The article is titled quite interesting as if this is the first 8 second turn key production drag car Ford has produced in the Mustang. I'd say out of the big three, Chevy is probably the newest member to this group considering when they released the COPO, the Cobra Jet had already been produced.

For instance @Joey D talks about how this is a new Mustang to the stable, it's not it's a revised car that is a built to order drag car. Then the article brings up the Exorcist which isn't even a drag car and isn't even a competitor to the Cobra Jet. Nor is it a production GM model. That car would instead be the COPO which is actually faster.

Now while the Demon is an acceptable car to talk about since it's a road legal warrantied production drag/road car. It still neglects the fact that there is a more capable and soon to be revised Challenger which like the COPO is a direct competitor, the Drag Pak/Pack. Which the Demon will be the next Drag Pack car. Now all these cars while being turn key, are not road legal. So it's confusing to me why they're other cars not related brought up and talked about in the same article as if to draw similarities. I don't know if this is done to link other GTP articles and bring renewed traffic to them or what, but it is out of place.

Back