AAR Eagle Indy Racer Wins 2018 Gran Turismo Trophy at Pebble Beach

That's going to be fun if it appears in a GT game, given others are in GTS.

This AAR Eagle Indy Racer is a great looking car but there is no point in getting excited about it coming to GT as it will be so far away you can deem it irrelevant. We are still waiting on the 2012 winner to put in an appearance.

What I really want is the 2014 award winning Maserati A6GCS 1954.

i1rJwY8oxvTPEuH.jpg

Last edited:
In its debut Indy, chassis 201 didn’t even survive the opening lap of the race, getting caught in a huge chain reaction of a pileup.
Ah, a recreation of sport mode if you will... makes perfect sense.

In all seriousness, that would be a blast to play with in the game.

This AAR Eagle Indy Racer is a great looking car but there is no point in getting excited about it coming to GT as it will be so far away you can deem it irrelevant. We are still waiting on the 2012 winner to put in an appearance.

What I really want is the 2014 award winning Maserati A6GCS 1954.

Beauty car, that. 👍

It and the Cunningham are at the top of my list. The 330 P4, the bottom.

It's reasonable to expect every GTS car to be in the next GT.

Not if it's not on the PS4...

This is the weird mash up of sim racing right now: the cars that we (the actual paying public) want -- like this great Eagle racer -- the manufacturers don't care about. So they don't get sponsorship/support and they never get in the game. The cars we don't care about, but the manufacturers want to push: get in the game.

I understand the manufacturer's desire to do things like: make Ferraris immune from unofficial sponsors, not allow a precious 2017 F1 car to be painted and have decals stuck on it (in virtual reality, remember), or support the release of current and recent models only. I just think the idea that this is a game and it's supposed to be fun is getting lost somewhere. And if it got back to being more of a game and it was fun, then I think the manufacturers would have a broader audience for their products and marketing when they do get released into sim racing.

It's not just GranTurismo, I think the whole genre needs a shake up.

Future Proofing is imperfect because it starts with predicting and assuming.

You can make an attempt, but you have no idea what new technology may supercede it making your efforts irrelevant.

Eventually the future you proofed for becomes the present and quickly the past.

Yamauchi said exactly the same thing about the car models in GT5. Words are cheap.

I trust him this time,GTS really is a start from scratch every track and car made from the ground up.
I don't know what he was trying to pull saying GT5 was a future proofing,the game had PS2 models labeled as "standard" for christ's sake

Future Proofing is imperfect because it starts with predicting and assuming.

You can make an attempt, but you have no idea what new technology may supercede it making your efforts irrelevant.

Eventually the future you proofed for becomes the present and quickly the past.

I think the time of supbar models is gone for PD,the PS3 was not a good time for GT and PD knows that(they even put the blame on the PS3 being hard to work with),i think the future proofing is important because it means they can cut their dev time but i don't think the next GT will be just a port of GTS,it will look better and with a better hardware it will be able to bring things that are hard to do on the PS4 like rain for example.

Last edited:
Pebble Beach, what a great golf course!

Er... wrong forum..

Anyway, as I try not to cringe at the thought of those cars tearing up a $500 a round golf course, I do love the idea of an old Indy car making it's way into the game.

I am not a huge fan of oval tracks, but I would love if Indianapolis would find its way into the game.

Back