Instagram Post Captures the Upcoming Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2

When was the last time Ferrari with this body type being produced (as a production or concept car)?

This should be interesting for sure.

When was the last time Ferrari with this body type being produced (as a production or concept car)?

This should be interesting for sure.
There was the Pininfarina Rossa back in 2000, but that was just a one-off. Two more vague interpretations could be the 550 Barchetta and the 360 Barchetta commisioned by Montezemolo.

David shared the pics from someone there and then acts like he knows something; the car's been known about for 2 weeks as a secret barchetta based on the 812 and ushers in the new era of LE cars. They will not be street legal in the US and of course, only exclusive customers will be picked.

See this thread if you really want to learn more about the cars. Pictures start on Page 6.
https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/812-monza.583998/
Ferrari said that fewer than 500 of the Monza SP sportscars will be produced and sold only to eligible Ferrari customers, whose preferences will define the mix of one- and two-seat models.

The open-cockpit Monza SP sportscars are "probably the closest and purest driving experience to the Formula 1," said Nicolo Boari, the head of product marketing. He said that the engine was "the most powerful ever in Ferrari history," boasting 810 horsepower able to reach 100 kilometers per hour (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds and 200 kilometers an hour in 7.9 seconds.

Providing a glimpse of Ferrari's broader plans to expand its luxury profile, buyers of the Monza SP series will receive a racing jumpsuit designed by Italian high-end luxury brand Loro Piana that will also help protect the drivers against the elements. Italian leather maker Berluti is also making a leather-clad helmet-goggle combo and driving shoes for the brand.
Sort of "barchetta", sleek and unadorned design by Flavio Manzoni, can be ordered as one or two-seater, production will begin late 2019, less than 500 units to be built, price approx. 1.5 to 2.0 M Euros.

Marcel Massini

I'm not aware that Ferrari ever produced an open car with a hard tonneau over the passenger area; the last time I know of that they campaigned a car as a manufacturer utilizing one was '56-7 and I'm sure I've seen TRs that were raced by privateers using them later than that (but those would have been 4-cylinder and V12 cars from '57).

Given the name, I suspect they're trying to call back to the 750 Monza of '54 but the '56 860 Monza (below) also used the hard tonneau and would be the example that raced in the same and the following year.

6389208011_5037f80509_b.jpg

David shared the pics from someone there and then acts like he knows something; the car's been known about for 2 weeks as a secret barchetta based on the 812 and ushers in the new era of LE cars. They will not be street legal in the US and of course, only exclusive customers will be picked.

See this thread if you really want to learn more about the cars. Pictures start on Page 6.
https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/812-monza.583998/

Why not? Plenty of windscreen-less cars are legal in the US. What's special about this one?

There was the Pininfarina Rossa back in 2000, but that was just a one-off. Two more vague interpretations could be the 550 Barchetta and the 360 Barchetta commisioned by Montezemolo.
Even then, it isn't a single seater and more like a normal 2 seater Spider type.

The answer is not quite there im afraid.

I dont understand Ferrari at all they waste all their good designs on one off cars ordered by a certain rich guy who is VIP.
Better than "waste" all their good designs and never sells it, like most concept cars.

Even if they're not sell it at all, it's their passion project still, and likely the key for future Ferrari designs. Hats for them.

Why not? Plenty of windscreen-less cars are legal in the US. What's special about this one?
I don’t know. That’s just what’s been reported.
I dont understand Ferrari at all they waste all their good designs on one off cars ordered by a certain rich guy who is VIP.
They’re not one-offs.... They’re actually building a considerable amount from what’s been shared.

There's one thing those pictures say to me.

...And it's that Ferrari fans on Instagram don't know how to take photoes of concepts from a good distance.

There's one thing those pictures say to me.

...And it's that Ferrari fans on Instagram don't know how to take photoes of concepts from a good distance.

They were probably told not to take photos, so I'm guessing whoever took them had to sneak them. Ferrari hasn't officially unveiled the car yet, although it'll probably be soon.

They were probably told not to take photos, so I'm guessing whoever took them had to sneak them. Ferrari hasn't officially unveiled the car yet, although it'll probably be soon.
Eh, there are decent leaks of both the silver and black ones too.
Found this via searching for ten seconds

0:16 and 0:25 specifically, rear is just a red one at 0:08 though.
But that said, I wouldn't be surprised since we all know Ferrari can be stingy anyway :lol:

Oh, it looks like more stuff is out about it now, or at least more leaks. Last night it was just the stuff I put in the article.

Actually, according to ferrari.icona's Instagram posts on these cars, they're said to be limited (probably) to around 200 units. So maybe they aren't just one offs.

I pretty much despise the looks of modern Ferraris (I'm of the opinion the 550/575 was the last good design they had) but this actually doesn't look too bad.

Yeah...it deviates from Ferrari's current scoops-and-scoops-and-vents-and-scoops design language, and that can't be anything but good.

That... that looks really good, actually. Also, Ferrari press pictures not using red cars are the best Ferrari press pictures. Just get rid of the Scuderia shields and it would be perfect.

Back