PSN Gamers Will Finally Get to Change Their Usernames Starting Next Year

Well the bigger issue for me is being tied to the original market. Back in the days there were much less localized markets. Transition is not possible..
Perhaps one could state a nationality so he doesn't carry the wrong flag above his car. That won't solve the bigger issue, but it'd be something...

tbh... Nationality change would have been MUCH better... Speciallly if many Esports games like GTS are rolling out hard these days...

Great now if only it will let me change my DOB lol. Idk what I want my new username to be. I’ve got a few ideas

My issue now is that if I change my PSN ID, I'd also have to change my GTPlanet ID to match. As I am not capable of buying premium membership, I'll have to keep my current PSN ID to avoid confusion. I very much doubt this would happen, but would it be possible for GTPlanet to also incorporate a "1 free name change" feature like Sony is doing?

I've got 2 accounts now: one from when I started playing in 2012 and a new one that I created for a league and I also use it as my YouTube channel identity. I still don't know whether I should change my 2012 account to my current identity or keep it the way it is.

I would love to troll and change my name to "OHMyNameDoesntFi" or "ItsOver16Characte":lol::lol::lol:

My issue now is that if I change my PSN ID, I'd also have to change my GTPlanet ID to match. As I am not capable of buying premium membership, I'll have to keep my current PSN ID to avoid confusion. I very much doubt this would happen, but would it be possible for GTPlanet to also incorporate a "1 free name change" feature like Sony is doing?
Premium subscription doesn't give you the ability to change your nickname.
If you want your GTP name changed, contact a mod. Or Jordan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two as well. Original one on the PS3 which was GTP_TC, as for some reason Sony blocked what i wanted - GTP_TheCracker.

When i bought a PS4 i tried to log on using GTP_TC but couldn't remember the password or even the long-since-forgotten email account i used to set it up. So i tried again with setting up GTP_TheCracker as a new account and it was accepted this time - Which can only mean that SONY have become racist between PS3 and PS4 as it would appear that the word 'cracker' was on some sort of banned word list.

Yay! Finally I can change my PSN id to the one I've wanted to use for a long time.

Can't believe it has taken Sony this long to finally allow us to change our PSN ID's but it will be good to finally get back to my main account
with the ID I've wanted soon.

I plan on changing mine. In fact, I'd like to change my SN here as well. Someone... actually many people.... pointed out that SPhilli (which is just a combo of my first and last names) looks a lot like the word syphilis. :embarrassed:

Why would we want to change our names - to disguise a bad player perhaps?!

You might not, but 27-year old xZx~BLAZEKUSH420~xZx is probably lightly embarrassed by his 16-year old edgelord self's choice of PSNID and has far too much time, money and DLC sunk into it to abandon it for something a little less... overtly knobbish.

Exactly right. I'm in one of those scenarios as well. I got my PS3 when I was about 12ish. I created the PSN "pie4july" because... well I really don't remember why. I've no clue how/why I came up with it.

Now I'm 24 and I kinda hate the name... But it almost feels like its too late to change it.

I don’t really hate my username, I mostly just hate when it’s shortened to “Bloody” or “blood” or “blue” or “bloodyboy”, not to mention how often its turned into Bloodyblueboy (BBB is the only way it’s ever shortened in real life). It is a deliberately meaningless nonsense name that came to me in a dream that I used to make music under, but I haven’t in a long time now, but it’s still the name I use for most social media, so I’ll probably just change it to something with a more obvious short form. Like my real name and BBB or something. But then people would probably think it was one of those stupid acronym “race team” things...

The small paywall here is good since it’ll discourage people from changing their name every week, but I also don’t really see much reason why non-Plus members would change their names

Last edited:
I can Change My Game ID But it`s a Very Big Option for PSN Players.I Still have a Good Username i don`t need to Change it,but i can
Change when i don`t Like My Username.In the Username,i can Add some digits For Example: murtifan06 or themurti06.It is a Good Idea to change a
Username,but the Most of PSN Players won`t do that.

I'm guessing this doesn't apply to people logging in through a PS3/Vita and over 80% of PS4 titles unless patched so my ID will stay the same. But a new ID may be in the cards if I get a PS5. I've over 100 games on PS4 but none before the date of half-assed reconciliation.

Man this is great news, my username was created in 2006(?) when I got a PSP and back then I didn‘t know what it‘d once be used for since I didn‘t even think about owning a PS3 back then :D Now, 12 years later I‘m with tons of games, DLCs and trophy‘s I don‘t want to abandon so this is a feature I‘ve been looking forward to for a long time :)

I just need to think of a name to change to now :lol:

Back