PSN Gamers Will Finally Get to Change Their Usernames Starting Next Year

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 11, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. yas

yas

Well the bigger issue for me is being tied to the original market. Back in the days there were much less localized markets. Transition is not possible..
    Perhaps one could state a nationality so he doesn't carry the wrong flag above his car. That won't solve the bigger issue, but it'd be something...

3. girabyt3

girabyt3

tbh... Nationality change would have been MUCH better... Speciallly if many Esports games like GTS are rolling out hard these days...

4. torque99

torque99 Premium

imported_rik19 likes this.
  5. ss3

ss3

Great now if only it will let me change my DOB lol. Idk what I want my new username to be. I’ve got a few ideas

ShadowDMC likes this.
  6. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

This is great news! I've been waiting ages for Xx_DaNkGaMeR_xX PSN username to become available.

7. Lebowski

Lebowski

Why would we want to change our names - to disguise a bad player perhaps?!

8. Famine

Famine Administrator

You might not, but 27-year old xZx~BLAZEKUSH420~xZx is probably lightly embarrassed by his 16-year old edgelord self's choice of PSNID and has far too much time, money and DLC sunk into it to abandon it for something a little less... overtly knobbish.

JR98, Skyline_R34, Spacegoat and 7 others like this.
  9. PSN offapple

PSN offapple

My issue now is that if I change my PSN ID, I'd also have to change my GTPlanet ID to match. As I am not capable of buying premium membership, I'll have to keep my current PSN ID to avoid confusion. I very much doubt this would happen, but would it be possible for GTPlanet to also incorporate a "1 free name change" feature like Sony is doing?

mef, Skyline_R34 and GT Sport like this.
  10. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

I've got 2 accounts now: one from when I started playing in 2012 and a new one that I created for a league and I also use it as my YouTube channel identity. I still don't know whether I should change my 2012 account to my current identity or keep it the way it is.

11. GT Sport

GT Sport Premium

I would love to troll and change my name to "OHMyNameDoesntFi" or "ItsOver16Characte":lol::lol::lol:

Premium subscription doesn't give you the ability to change your nickname.
    If you want your GTP name changed, contact a mod. Or Jordan.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
    PSN offapple likes this.
  12. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

I have two as well. Original one on the PS3 which was GTP_TC, as for some reason Sony blocked what i wanted - GTP_TheCracker.

When i bought a PS4 i tried to log on using GTP_TC but couldn't remember the password or even the long-since-forgotten email account i used to set it up. So i tried again with setting up GTP_TheCracker as a new account and it was accepted this time - Which can only mean that SONY have become racist between PS3 and PS4 as it would appear that the word 'cracker' was on some sort of banned word list.

CinnamonOD and Lukanyon like this.
  13. darth_tails

darth_tails

Yay! Finally I can change my PSN id to the one I've wanted to use for a long time.

Can't believe it has taken Sony this long to finally allow us to change our PSN ID's but it will be good to finally get back to my main account
    with the ID I've wanted soon.

14. PSN offapple

PSN offapple

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. :D

15. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

I plan on changing mine. In fact, I'd like to change my SN here as well. Someone... actually many people.... pointed out that SPhilli (which is just a combo of my first and last names) looks a lot like the word syphilis. :O

MPowerX and mef like this.
  16. Famine

Famine Administrator

Most of this is tripe, so it's a pity that you've misled a member in this fashion:
    ... especially as it's thoroughly covered the first part of "Managing Your Account" in the FAQ: https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#managing_your_account

17. PSN offapple

PSN offapple

Just read through it. Thanks for the link. Just wish I had the means to get premium membership, but I guess I could just put my eventual new username in my details section. Thanks again! :D

18. daan

daan Moderator

As you've just lost your large, flightless bird, you should change it to "GoneRhea"

19. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Exactly right. I'm in one of those scenarios as well. I got my PS3 when I was about 12ish. I created the PSN "pie4july" because... well I really don't remember why. I've no clue how/why I came up with it.

Now I'm 24 and I kinda hate the name... But it almost feels like its too late to change it.

DesertPenguin likes this.
  20. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

I don’t really hate my username, I mostly just hate when it’s shortened to “Bloody” or “blood” or “blue” or “bloodyboy”, not to mention how often its turned into Bloodyblueboy (BBB is the only way it’s ever shortened in real life). It is a deliberately meaningless nonsense name that came to me in a dream that I used to make music under, but I haven’t in a long time now, but it’s still the name I use for most social media, so I’ll probably just change it to something with a more obvious short form. Like my real name and BBB or something. But then people would probably think it was one of those stupid acronym “race team” things...

The small paywall here is good since it’ll discourage people from changing their name every week, but I also don’t really see much reason why non-Plus members would change their names

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    SGETI likes this.
  21. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

I just want the dumb numbers off the end but someone else has that taken... Of course they do

22. Murtiburti

Murtiburti (Banned)

I can Change My Game ID But it`s a Very Big Option for PSN Players.I Still have a Good Username i don`t need to Change it,but i can
    Change when i don`t Like My Username.In the Username,i can Add some digits For Example: murtifan06 or themurti06.It is a Good Idea to change a
    Username,but the Most of PSN Players won`t do that.

23. GT Sport

GT Sport Premium

Oh ok, I see.
    My bad then, forgive me Mr.Hungry!:rolleyes::cheers:

24. sumbrownkid

sumbrownkid

Look forward to it.

Btw, can we change our name on GTP? I feel like I outgrew my name by at least 15 years...

25. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

You've been on the bleaching cream since then?

FT-1, ImaRobot and sumbrownkid like this.
  26. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

Same, although it is an honour to be considered Gran Turismo's quickest 109yr old.

Quattro20v and FT-1 like this.
  27. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Rude. He's sumbrownman now. :p

I wonder what the limitations are with regards to dead usernames. Accounts that have been inactive for about 12 years, for example...

28. Rustyhole

Rustyhole

I'm guessing this doesn't apply to people logging in through a PS3/Vita and over 80% of PS4 titles unless patched so my ID will stay the same. But a new ID may be in the cards if I get a PS5. I've over 100 games on PS4 but none before the date of half-assed reconciliation.

29. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Man this is great news, my username was created in 2006(?) when I got a PSP and back then I didn‘t know what it‘d once be used for since I didn‘t even think about owning a PS3 back then :D Now, 12 years later I‘m with tons of games, DLCs and trophy‘s I don‘t want to abandon so this is a feature I‘ve been looking forward to for a long time :)

I just need to think of a name to change to now :lol:

yas likes this.
  30. ss3

ss3

Haha :lol: