PlayStation Won't Be at E3 2019

Disappointing, especially for those going as E3 is now open to the public.
But I guess they will have live streams going and some sort of presentation around the time of E3, similar to what EA and Nintendo do

Hmmm, that’s like Ruger pulling out of Shot Show, or Ford pulling out of the North American International Auto Show, or Stormy Daniels pulling out of the AVN’s. I guess E3’s management has pissed someone off.

I reckon Sony honestly have nothing new to show. Anything that has yet to be announced is probably set to be released on the Playstation 5, leaving next year quite sparse in terms of first-party news.

I think the part of this article is probably the majority of the reason.

"Sony simply doesn’t want to continue showing off games with no hard release dates."

That and the fact today's games are made far different than in the past.
In the past you had a hard release date with a complete game ready to be delivered but now that's no longer case. More and more games are being released unfinished as it's becoming more acceptable to the companies and players for them to finish the product through updates for some reason.
This new way of making games can take years to complete after its initial release.

This is making it increasingly difficult for Sony to promote games for their console. Times are changing for this industry and in a negative way in my opinion and Sony has to find new ways to adapt.

There’s just got to be more to it. This is “the” industry trade show. For one of the four key (?3) players to be absent is got to be freaking out the organizers of E3. It definitely cuts their street cred as an industry event.

That and the fact today's games are made far different than in the past.
In the past you had a hard release date with a complete game ready to be delivered but now that's no longer case. More and more games are being released unfinished as it's becoming more acceptable to the companies and players for them to finish the product through updates for some reason.
This new way of making games can take years to complete after its initial release.
How far back are we talking? In the past before the online component was a thing, games were definitely released, but that doesn't mean they were any more complete. The big difference being now is that fixes/changes can come through updates after the games release, where as before you'd basically have to stick with whatever it was you purchased - complete or not, bug free or otherwise.

Although like you said, some companies seem to fallback on that more than others.

How far back are we talking? In the past before the online component was a thing, games were definitely released, but that doesn't mean they were any more complete. The big difference being now is that fixes/changes can come through updates after the games release, where as before you'd basically have to stick with whatever it was you purchased - complete or not, bug free or otherwise.

Although like you said, some companies seem to fallback on that more than others.

Not that far back. I don't recall games changing like they do now on the PS4 with the PS3.
You have a very valid point that games back then might not have been 100% complete but you were definitely stuck with was released for the most part. There would be patches sent out to fix bugs and DLC to enhance the game but now they are completely changing games from how they are advertised and released.
That's not always a bad thing because companies could adjust the game to customer feedback making the game a better experience for all.
But some are taking the lazy approach and releasing games they know are not complete or cutting corners just to hurry and get it out.

I don't think the majority of companies are doing this on purpose yet but some are and it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch. This is however only my opinion and while its definitely not the only reason Sony is backing out I do feel it is contributing factor.

Last edited:
Sony said they will comunicate with fans in 2019 in a different way,i think this is the first major sign they are going all in on the PS5 i think there will be a announcement for a event in the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 talking about what will happen in the future.

For the reason they pulled out of E3,it probably was the lack of new games,they are going to rest on the games announced and announce one or 2 small games next year then they come back in 2020 for the PS5 party

I am going with the theory that they don't have anything worth announcing because they can't give us a hard release date for anything. Top of the list being PS5. Would they skip E3 if they had a reliable and imminent release date? I say no. Same for Sony Games. I think they are cutting corners as previously mentioned; shove it out the door asap and finish the product later with dlc and patches. The smaller companies don't do this as much (afaik), and the smaller companies have at least half the good games anway, so... Sony doesn't have much to offer, imo.

In official news, Sony announced the release of Playstation 5 .... will be... uh.... on... well....yeah. One of those months with a R in it. *probably*. And they have a year to go with it. For. The. Win.

These day's it is better to wait one year before you buy the game you want or are interested in it .
That's what I have done with GT Sport for example, the game is better and the price to .
The companies these day want to be the first to release there game at the price of quality and content , look for example at No Man Sky in which way it was when they released there game .
If you can handle it and have some patience at least you get a better game for your money .

PS; Now what I'm going to do when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out will I be patience enough to wait ? :crazy::boggled::nervous::dunce:

I was just thinking about the PS5, hmmm I wonder if people wont buy it initially , thinking in a couple of years there might be a PS5 pro, i`ll wait for that instead...hmmmm

I was just thinking about the PS5, hmmm I wonder if people wont buy it initially , thinking in a couple of years there might be a PS5 pro, i`ll wait for that instead...hmmmm

The main issue with current gen was that the platforms were massively underpowered at release and tech advancements such as 4K displays and VR were becoming mainstream just a couple years later, highlighted this even more. There was no way standard models could keep up with the times.

If next gen consoles are capable of 4K, VR and Ray Tracing (the last one is a big hurdle at this stage) then perhaps there wouldn't be a need for a PS5 Pro model.

Audio output. I set up my gaming rig for high quality surround sound. PS4 gives me a 3.5mm stereo output on the controller, or I can buy $30 splitter to pull the audio out of the HDMI and send it to my sound system. These are expensive, noisy, and they are -crap-. It is just unimaginable to me that this console would not have digital audio out to connect directly to an audio system. Am I the only gamer with a standalone audio system?

PS4 Pro has digital audio out. I spent $300 for PS4 and will be lucky to get $200 for it at gamestop. PS4 Pro will be $400, which means I will be paying actually $500.

Not planning on a repeat of this expereince at all.

Audio output. I set up my gaming rig for high quality surround sound. PS4 gives me a 3.5mm stereo output on the controller, or I can buy $30 splitter to pull the audio out of the HDMI and send it to my sound system. These are expensive, noisy, and they are -crap-. It is just unimaginable to me that this console would not have digital audio out to connect directly to an audio system. Am I the only gamer with a standalone audio system?

PS4 Pro has digital audio out. I spent $300 for PS4 and will be lucky to get $200 for it at gamestop. PS4 Pro will be $400, which means I will be paying actually $500.

Not planning on a repeat of this expereince at all.

I play off my crappy old LG tv’s built in speaker. I’m pretty sure you can survive without it. Basing your gaming system decision off that seems strange to me.

All depends on your purchasing philosophy I suppose. I’d rather adapt the audio components to the system I’m using rather than look for a system that works with my audio. The system would be the core of the build in my opinion.

Last edited:
I play off my crappy old LG tv’s built in speaker. I’m pretty sure you can survive without it. Basing your gaming system decision off that seems strange to me.
And if I have equipment I purchased that works with multiple other things besides a console, why wouldn't I prefer a console that also works with it? That seems strange to me. The point isn't that you can get along with less but more so how could it work with your additional equipment that you currently have. It likely isn't the only reason, but it is one reason.

All depends on your purchasing philosophy I suppose. I’d rather adapt the audio components to the system I’m using rather than look for a system that works with my audio. The system would be the core of the build in my opinion.
I'd rather get the most out of my optional extra's, if permitted.

I like the suggestion that an entire entertainment system be built around a single console, which would undoubtedly be the cheapest aspect of the whole thing.

I like the suggestion that an entire entertainment system be built around a single console, which would undoubtedly be the cheapest aspect of the whole thing.

Snark doesn’t help anyone.

What I find more confusing about this however is why Brego is trying to plug his speakers into the PS4. I’ve never heard of an entertainment system that has the speakers setup through a console. Any setup I’ve ever seen or heard of has gone through the TV, in that case it would be the TV’s problem and not the console’s.

Even my PC has the speakers going through the monitor, so I have no idea why Brego is getting so pissed off at the PS4 over his TV for the audio?

What I find more confusing about this however is why Brego is trying to plug his speakers into the PS4. I’ve never heard of an entertainment system that has the speakers setup through a console. Any setup I’ve ever seen or heard of has gone through the TV, in that case it would be the TV’s problem and not the console’s.
Why would you throw it to another device if you can go direct from the source? The sound's are generated based on what the console is telling the TV, not the other way around.

Telling someone they can get along with out what they have also doesn't help now, does it?

What I find more confusing about this however is why Brego is trying to plug his speakers into the PS4. I’ve never heard of an entertainment system that has the speakers setup through a console.
And I've never heard of anyone who has spent the money on even a mid-range audio setup (which is still much more expensive than a PS4) that plugs their sound sources into the TV directly.

Any setup I’ve ever seen or heard of has gone through the TV, in that case it would be the TV’s problem and not the console’s.
Hence why you bypass the television and plug your audio source directly into a receiver.

The speakers in any given moniter are probably < .5 watt and 60% THD. And there are only two of them, each weighing the same as a quarter, and worth about the same amount.

My mid level PC speakers are Dolby 5.1, 50 watt, < 5% THD. S/N db ratio is prob 85. Cost me $50 or so.

My main audio system is 250w RMS, .05% THD, S/N db ratio is 105+. I have more than 3k invested, not counting the 32 channel PA.

But I should listen to my moniter which converts 1,000 bhp roar into a sewing machine with a worn bushing?

Back