Pininfarina Names Its Electric Hypercar "Battista" After Brand's Founder

The company's founder? After a bit of research, I found that Battista is apparently the Italian word for Baptist.

The company's founder?
Yep. Battista "Pinin" Farina. He changed the family name in 1961 to Battista Pininfarina. When he died in 1966, his son Sergio took over the company, and Sergio stepped down so his eldest son, Andrea, could take over. Andrea died in 2008 (Sergio in 2012), and younger brother Paolo took over.

One of Battista's nephews was Giuseppe "Nino" Farina, the first F1 world champion.

1900hp and 1700lb ft tq.......:eek:
This

+ this

iu

iu

= :scared:.

Battista doesn't sound as cool as Enzo did, but i have huge respect for he company's history and i hope this goes well...though i have many doubts in their abilities to supervise a small production given today's standards in the automotive world.

Probably the Best looking Electric Car I’ve ever seen. You know how dangerous this thing is to the opposition? They won’t even hear it coming it’ll fly on by with 1900 HP Vrooshhhhhhh.

Probably the Best looking Electric Car I’ve ever seen. You know how dangerous this thing is to the opposition? They won’t even hear it coming it’ll fly on by with 1900 HP Vrooshhhhhhh.

I mean... The Rimac Concept_Two might catch a glimpse of it considering it share the same platform and power output. ;)

Awfully generic looking considering it comes from a famous design house. It doesn’t look like it’s fared as well under Indian ownership as JLR has.

Should’ve just called it the McPaganerrari. You could buy a 720S or 488 and probably convert it to electric power and still have money left over compared to this and still have more snob appeal.

Awfully generic looking considering it comes from a famous design house. It doesn’t look like it’s fared as well under Indian ownership as JLR has.

Should’ve just called it the McPaganerrari. You could buy a 720S or 488 and probably convert it to electric power and still have money left over compared to this and still have more snob appeal.
Why would anyone convert them to electric lol? As soon as I saw this I just thought ooh it's a Ferrari. And this needs ICE. I like this design but I'll take an abarth 500 any day over these el6cars bo matter how quick or good they look.

Why would anyone convert them to electric lol? As soon as I saw this I just thought ooh it's a Ferrari. And this needs ICE. I like this design but I'll take an abarth 500 any day over these el6cars bo matter how quick or good they look.

Someone paying 2.5 million for this obviously REALLY wants an EV (or bragging rights about how much power it has) since it’s highly unlikely this is going to hold its value in the future like the other cars in this price bracket will (and we all know the majority of cars like this are going into storage).

Absolutely stunning car. That is how I like my future hypercar. EV powerful and better looking than any car.

Very good looking car, although something about it doesnt quite catch me like some other cars on the market.

1900bhp... seems like an insane amount. Im still getting used to 1500~ hypercars being a thing, but good lord.

Back