Subaru Teases Viziv Adrenaline Concept Ahead of Geneva Motor Show

I'm guessing this will eventually turn into a production car which will rival the likes of the Jeep Renegade and Suzuki Vitara (i.e. Subcompact SUVs with offroading capabilities). With a plug-in hyrbid powertrain, this could be quite popular in European territories.

Here is the Viziv Adrenaline Concept
c8c03a8e-subaru-viziv-adrenaline-concept-2.jpg

a1c1f695-subaru-viziv-adrenaline-concept-1.jpg

It's upsetting to know the production model will look nowhere near as exciting as this. :indiff:

So it's a preview of a high-performance WRX-ified Crosstrek, or what? A turbocharged Crosstrek with the 6-speed manual and a bit more enthusiast focus would be cool.

It's a Subaru so the production model will be aesthetically hugely disappointing compared to the concept. Still looking forward to seeing it though.
It's upsetting to know the production model will look nowhere near as exciting as this. :indiff:
I don't get this meme. Every new Subaru since they replaced the soft-lined GE/GH Impreza and wide-eyed BM Legacy has looked great. Concepts don't look great. They're typically some mix of being overwrought or unfinished-looking, and this one is no different. The popular WRX concept years back was no different, to my eyes.

A concept like this previews a car in broad strokes, to be refined later. I don't want Subaru or anyone else to make concept cars. I prefer finished cars.

I don't get this meme. Every new Subaru since they replaced the soft-lined GE/GH Impreza and wide-eyed BM Legacy has looked great. Concepts don't look great. They're typically some mix of being overwrought or unfinished-looking, and this one is no different. The popular WRX concept years back was no different, to my eyes.

A concept like this previews a car in broad strokes, to be refined later. I don't want Subaru or anyone else to make concept cars. I prefer finished cars.

That's where the problem lies, I reckon. Other manufacturers are capable of translating some concepts into road car designs quite easily because they account for real-world design constraints, such as the Volvo 40.1:
volvo-news-2951.jpg

Subaru concepts are a little too adventurous, which would be fine if their concepts were purely design studies. However, having an adventurous concept preview an upcoming road car can lead to disappointment... My username is an example :lol: (personally, I still love the MkV Supra.)

To be fair, Subaru have been creating more grounded concepts lately; the current XV/XV Crosstrek wasn't too far off the concept,

Back