Buy Fanatec's Latest Limited Edition Wheel, Get F1 2019 For a Dollar

I had to read the article title and the article a few times before I found out I misunderstood this:

Get F1 2019 For a Dollar

I thought it was the F1 2019 wheel and not the game. Only when I read the article thoroughly I knew it is F1 2019 game.

:D

I had to read the article title and the article a few times before I found out I misunderstood this:

Get F1 2019 For a Dollar

I thought it was the F1 2019 wheel and not the game. Only when I read the article thoroughly I knew it is F1 2019 game.

:D

Heh, that's why I wrote the headline the way it is, as it's arguably the least confusing way to write about buying the F1 2019 wheel to get the F1 2019 game (although still, as you proved, confusing!).

Heh, that's why I wrote the headline the way it is, as it's arguably the least confusing way to write about buying the F1 2019 wheel to get the F1 2019 game (although still, as you proved, confusing!).
No worries. You explained it in the article. Don't forget, I'm a stupid Belgian you know. :D

Goes to fanatec.com with dollar in hand quickly becomes disappointed.

Article title is very good, don't know how it could be worded better.

That is a rather clean looking rim, no I must not I've spent enough already this year time for self restraint.

It looks like an awesome piece of kit, hats off to @Fanatec... for yet another great design.

:drool:

giphy.gif

I dont want to be "that" guy, but this deal reminds me of the deals that give away a new shooter game for free when you buy a super-expensive graphics card. If you have that much money to spend on a graphics card, you should be able to buy the game, too. Same goes for the wheel and F1 2019.

Still a nice looking piece of hardware.

I dont want to be "that" guy, but this deal reminds me of the deals that give away a new shooter game for free when you buy a super-expensive graphics card. If you have that much money to spend on a graphics card, you should be able to buy the game, too. Same goes for the wheel and F1 2019.

"Special offers
Please note: In order to be eligible for this offer, you MUST first add any Steering Wheel or a bundle which includes a Steering Wheel to your basket. "

I don't normally post here, but I had to sign-in to comment on what an idiotic sentiment this is. Just because you can afford to buy something expensive doesn't mean it you shouldn't be able to get additional items for free if available.

Like.. what are you trying to prove here?

It should be the complete game, high end product for full version of F 1 2019 and select all the lucky buyers, if limited number of wheels are made, to a VIP competition just for them, as a reward for good times, memories, friends and race till the best one stands... and here u just open a big can of warms...

Even 1 lousy dollar is too much. I want that game for free. As a matter of fact, I want everything for free. :mischievous:

Even 1 lousy dollar is too much. I want that game for free. As a matter of fact, I want everything for free. :mischievous:
haha I'm sure at least 50% of you must be Dutch ;)

I have a shopping cart ready to be processed and to be honest I wait until the extra shipping costs of €12 for that extra F1 2019 game is solved. (aka gone)
Yep €13 (1+12) is still a bargain but not going to pay 12 transport costs for a digital key ;) Now that sounds Dutch right :D

haha I'm sure at least 50% of you must be Dutch ;)

I have a shopping cart ready to be processed and to be honest I wait until the extra shipping costs of €12 for that extra F1 2019 game is solved. (aka gone)
Yep €13 (1+12) is still a bargain but not going to pay 12 transport costs for a digital key ;) Now that sounds Dutch right :D
I think it sounds logical instead of Dutch. I mean, transport costs for a digital key? :D

Last edited:
Excellent! No more additional shipping costs for the F1 2019 game. So I placed the order for the new F1 2019 wheel plus (almost) free PC F1 2019 game. And now on the double back to my newly unpacked DD1. Good times for us simracers!

BUYER BEWARE. Fanatec has increased the price of all stand-alone wheel rims by $30USD as of today to compensate for the F1 promotion. This effectively makes the F1 key $31.

I had the Clubsport Wheel Rim Drift in my cart yesterday @ $99USD and now it's $129, along with all others. They likely decided this after yesterday's instagram post, with people commenting that this was the best way to take advantage of this offer.

This is beyond shady and I'm considering cancelling my DD1 pre-order entirely.

EDIT: Further evidence via the WayBackMachine internet archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/2019032...accessories/clubsport-wheel-rim-drift-us.html

Now the Legends edition is what you will get. Not suprised the prices are higher.
That makes no sense.

1. If you already purchased a wheel or rim and got the F1 promo, you get the Legends edition prior to the "announcement" of them granting Legends.
2. If you've already purchased and claimed the F1 key on your account, you aren't eligible to another key for another wheel or rim purchase, making the wheels and rims $30 more expensive for no reason at all.
3. The Legends edition is a $10 upgrade charge from the regular product. Where does $30 come from?
4. The promo is to get the F1 Legends edition for $1. The hardware price increase ostensibly makes it a $31 key.

Legends edition UK price £65, regular edition £50. Approx $20.

Fanatec McLaren wheel before promo Eur 229, Fanatec wheel after promo Eur 229 - no change. Only gutted I missed the promo by a couple of days.

CJ

That makes no sense.

1. If you already purchased a wheel or rim and got the F1 promo, you get the Legends edition prior to the "announcement" of them granting Legends.
2. If you've already purchased and claimed the F1 key on your account, you aren't eligible to another key for another wheel or rim purchase, making the wheels and rims $30 more expensive for no reason at all.
3. The Legends edition is a $10 upgrade charge from the regular product. Where does $30 come from?
4. The promo is to get the F1 Legends edition for $1. The hardware price increase ostensibly makes it a $31 key.

I guess stand alone Wheel should be consider as “wheel Accessory” , you can’t get $1 offer for a “F1 2019”

I guess stand alone Wheel should be consider as “wheel Accessory” , you can’t get $1 offer for a “F1 2019”
You can get the offer for a rim and always could. It's literally advertised that way.

And then raised the price of all of them by $30USD. What aren't people understanding here?

Back