Live Stream: LEGO Speed Champions Arrives in Forza Horizon 4

Is it just a few cars and an add on world? I was really hoping for a build your own house or car feature
I haven't watched the stream but there was an achievement for building your house, I just don't know how extensive that is.

I haven't watched the stream but there was an achievement for building your house, I just don't know how extensive that is.

You collect bricks and it essentially builds the house for you. At least that's what they showed in the livestream, maybe there's more to it though.

You collect bricks and it essentially builds the house for you. At least that's what they showed in the livestream, maybe there's more to it though.
Hopefully there's at least some individualism. Kinda weird for to everyone have the same exact house, in my opinion.

Yea they could of made the hot wheel expansion to where they could of gave you a few track items to build your own track but all that UI and all to allow that would be huge in file size. So lego expansion may not let you build anything on your own similar to the hot wheel expansion. They build the world, you just have fun in it. I do love Lego Worlds though, but its just beyond buggy and slow lol

I still dont get it. Why doing a Lego expansion? Why bothering with this strange half Lego/half reality setting? Why mixing it up with existing cars? Why just three Lego cars? Why no option to build your own cars or Lego tracks? What kind of madness is this? Guess i will find out pretty soon but i highly doubt it will be a pleasent surprise.

I still dont get it. Why doing a Lego expansion? Why bothering with this strange half Lego/half reality setting?
Probably because that half/half setting worked well in the past, so they wanted to try something similar? It's not really as unfathomable as people are making it out to be, to be honest.

It looks awesome and I love the sense of details. But seriously, where are the other Lego cars? I don't want to drive real cars in a lego world. (I still think this should have been a stand alone, great game but not "my" vision of Horizon)

Caught a glimpse of the interior view.. Just about what i expected. This stuff is defended by saying it's a video game rated e for everyone including kids. Yet i didn't see any kids at the e3 streams. Anyone caught the silence in the crowd after they revealed this crap.

And yes if people can say it's awesome. I can say it's crap.

Last edited:
This stuff is defended by saying it's a video game rated e for everyone including kids. Yet i didn't see any kids at the e3 streams. Anyone caught the silence in the crowd after they revealed this crap.

And yes if people can say it's awesome. I can say it's crap. To each their own.
E for everyone. Let that sink in. Everyone. Everyone. Everyone, Everyone. I did see a lot of everyone at E3.

also, kids aren't allowed at E3.

Thats why you could hear a pin drop in the crowd after they released their biggest expansion to date! LEGOS SUPERCHAMPS!
What does that have to do with kids(that aren't allowed at E3)? You said you didn't see kids. Theres a reason for that.

I spend some time with it and so far its... just more of the same? It plays just like the base game with the same kind of events. The new area is just a big Lego land but i still dont see the point. Why drive real life cars in a Lego land? Makes no sense. Sure it looks pretty. But i see the lost potential here. Why not creating a Lego expansion just with Lego cars and for Lego cars only, with the ability to actually build cars, houses and drivers, not just unlock then!? Because Lego should be about building things!

with the ability to actually build cars, houses and drivers, not just unlock then!? Because Lego should be about building things!
I definitely agree with this part. I had hoped they made that a bit more in depth in my opinion. However, it playing more or less the same I think is the actual point, wouldn't you say? It has to connect directly with the base game, so it shouldn't be all wonky, especially if we're able to use it in the base map.

It'd be interesting if you were able to select a base type vehicle, but be able to build whatever you want as a shell on top of it. Something like Select a RWD V6 layout, using one of the swappable engines and go from there.

@ImaRobot Well, i heard this would be like a complete new game, its own thing. They also claimed this would be their biggest expansion yet. Thats some nice PR buzz right there. I dont see why. The new map isnt exactly huge. How many cars are in this? How many new gameplay elements?

I never liked the idea of a Forza/Lego crossover. BUT i think this could have been cool and fun in the way Micro Machines is kinda cool. If this would have been something completly new and fresh. But its not. This is just Forza Horizon with its races and stunts in a very strange environment. I expected more. Oh, and that "awesome" song is incredibly annoying.

@ImaRobot Well, i heard this would be like a complete new game, its own thing. They also claimed this would be their biggest expansion yet. Thats some nice PR buzz right there. I dont see why. The new map isnt exactly huge. How many cars are in this? How many new gameplay elements?
Yeah, but to expect it to play/drive differently than the base game would be a bit too far, in my opinion. I have yet to try it though so I can't really comment on anything else. I get off work in an hour and a half so until then, I don't know. It is it's own thing, much like any other expansion that has came to any of these games.

This is just Forza Horizon with its races and stunts in a very strange environment.
What Forza expansion hasn't been like that?

What does that have to do with kids(that aren't allowed at E3)? You said you didn't see kids. Theres a reason for that.

The expansion is MARKETED toward everyone including kids, who weren't allowed at the press conference. They showed it to thousands of confused adults.

Free or not. I think this expansion hurts their brand. Ever heard of NFS?

The expansion is MARKETED toward everyone including kids, who weren't allowed at the press conference. They showed it to thousands of confused adults.

Free or not. I think this expansion hurts their brand. Ever heard of NFS?
Why do you specifically keep saying "including kids" as if it changes anything at all? News Flash, Kids are included when they say Everyone, so theres no need to keep saying that as if you're making some point. There were a lot of games rated for Everyone at E3, what does that even matter? Kids still couldn't go regardless.

They showed it to everyone that's what they did. Like most DLC though, some people like it, some don't. Can't please Everyone. Either way, what youre pretending is that no one likes it. That's not the case at all.

and Yes, I've heard of NFS. Mind actually expanding on why you even mentioned it though?

But yeah, what does any of that have to do with kids not being there? You know there's a reason for that right?

Played it a couple of hours now (unlocked the Ferrari and the garage). It looked interesting to me and I thought this would easily become my second most favourite FH expansion. I knew aforehand this would certainly not beat Hot Wheels for FH3 and I was right. But... Blizzard Mountain easily tops LEGO IMO. It might even drop 1 more position after Fortune Island, that I cannot decide yet from just a few hours.

Is it bad? Not at all, being a LEGO kid myself I actually like the idea. But indeed apart from the LEGO aesthetics it all indeed just feels more of the same. Fortune island at least has the switchback road and the cliff road as something special. The one special thing about LEGO no doubt is the racing circuit and all the possible routes you can create from that, kudos to the devs for finally implementing a racing circuit.

So far for me, for the moment I think LEGO will slot in here:

1) FH3 Hot Wheels
2) FH3 Blizzard Mountain
3) FH4 LEGO
4) FH4 Fortune Island
5) FH2 Storm Island
6) FH1 Horizon Rally (I put this last since it’s not even a proper map expansion)

It’s not that I’m disappointed with the LEGO expansion, it actually looks nice. But it could have been more, like why only 3 new cars? Why not have some real feeling of collecting bricks and building something your own way? (If needed brick by brick) Instead of everyone just having the same cutscenes. From the prerelease videos I already thought this “building” looked just the same as upgrading festival sites in FH3 and I was right, except we now have a few more stages to upgrade than just 5 I guess.

Nevertheless, overall I’m happy with FH4 and it’s ultimate edition. IMO we’ve gotten 2 solid expansions, decent car pass cars and a lot of new free cars post-car pass. Not to forget the introduction of Forzathon and a custom route creator. I assume the live service for FH4 will continue until summer-ish 2020 so that FM8 can release fall 2020 together with the new Xbox console.

Last edited:
As someone who hated the idea of a Lego expansion I gave it a try and so far I'm enjoying it BUT it feels like they've missed a huge opportunity with the Lego cars. They're barely modifiable. Why not let us do silly things like stick a pig on the roof or attach crazy parts to the car? That's the whole joy of Lego! Having only 3 new cars really sucks too.

I will say though that the world they've built looks fantastic and the bricks themselves have some incredible textures and surface response going on. The way they reflect the sunlight showing tiny scratches is superb. Massive kudos to the art team!

I may have also let out a pretty big laugh at the intro where the car revs up and then drives forwards towards the rectangular portal thing before just bouncing off the wall :lol:

I've heard of NFS. Mind actually expanding on why you even mentioned it though?

Nfs started out a solid street racer. But started adopting far fetched themes like ramps and ergo to please "everyone".

This is horizons 2nd wacky expansion. Would you be ok with similar themes being put in the base game for horizon5?

Yeah, I'll say it again: It is a fantastic idea for a standalone game. But it does not fit Forza, specially when they take absolutely no advantage of what Lego really stands for; building your own stuff.

I had a hard time accepting the Hot Wheels expansion. I never really got halfway through. This... I just can't do it. But I guess I already paid for it?

Back