Need for Speed Heat leaked by Retailer

Even though it's just a potential title to go on (the artwork is taken from NFS No Limits), I'm hoping that it could indicate a return (or successor) to the heat levels seen in pursuits within MW2005/Carbon.

NFS died a long time ago... I'm actually curious what they come up with to compete with the big boys. Although judging by that Supra in the picture, I already see carelessness in the model design; the brake calipers are in the wrong spot (Sorry. It's just a picky pet peeve of mine).

I think it must be a Pursuit game since its been 6 years since Rivals... More Traditional game so it's different to Forza Horizon and The Crew.

NFS died a long time ago... I'm actually curious what they come up with to compete with the big boys. Although judging by that Supra in the picture, I already see carelessness in the model design; the brake calipers are in the wrong spot (Sorry. It's just a picky pet peeve of mine).
You mean, the supra in the picture taken from NFS 2015...?

Not even showing a picture/trailer/gameplay until a couple months before launch doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Yeah that's a really good point. Although not too surprising considering how the last couple games turned out. Honestly they should just let Criterion handle the franchise if they can't be bothered to let them make a new Burnout.

I do like the general direction of the franchise. 2015 was a representation of the booming car culture that year, which is gonna definetly be a time machine like underground is in terms of past car culture fads. Payback was 2015’s car content more stuff and an arbitrary storyline. If heat ends up being that plus most wanted/carbon type stuff, I wouldn’t mind.

All I hope for it is more customization parts for cars and the return of MW2005 style cop chases, further improvement on Payback driving physics will be nice.

I would not hold My breath for this until i see more i won’t be excited for it. Last nfs games has been horrible to me

Not even showing a picture/trailer/gameplay until a couple months before launch doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Who has said it's a couple of months away from launch? It could be launching right at the end of December for all we know.

Who has said it's a couple of months away from launch? It could be launching right at the end of December for all we know.

In the 25 year history of NFS they haven't released a main title later than mid Nov. For good reasons. They won't start now, just as every other game franchise that likes money won't start releasing games in Dec.

In the 25 year history of NFS they haven't released a main title later than mid Nov. For good reasons. They won't start now, just as every other game franchise that likes money won't start releasing games in Dec.

Even November still puts it at 4 months away, plenty of time for a full marketing campaign....in which they can reveal what sort of microtransactions they're going to implement ;)

Even November still puts it at 4 months away, plenty of time for a full marketing campaign....in which they can reveal what sort of microtransactions they're going to implement ;)
none if sw battle front 2 has taught them anything. Paid content is fine, but they just about saved face with speed cards which could haver decended to farce (they were only lucky they didn't make it worse than it was) A step back to the undercover days on ps3 would be a better compromise, but even that isn't ideal so here's hoping the make a good 'all-in' single player with a well developed and supported multiplayer. Any micro transactions should be peripheral at wiorst.

I do want to say the same, but on the other hand, it could be that they're simply spending their marketing budget differently.

They initially said a new NFS in 2019 but now they say before March 2020. So I'm guessing it'll be a split title like Carbon (PS2/PS3) or Rivals (PS3/PS4). The way NFS is going, this will be the best NFS on PS5. Get it early!

Back