DiRT Rally 2.0 Seasons 3 and 4 DLC Announced: More Cars, Rallies and Rallycross

Pretty excited to see the Greece rally coming back, as that was my favorite in the original Dirt Rally.

Agreed! The visuals of sunny Greece were breathtaking in DR, I can't wait to see how it will look in DR2! Also really excited about the South Africa WRX track!

That is all.

Also, there's alot more breadcrumbs to suggest that we might even be getting a Season 5, so for anyone craving even more rally content, you never know...

there's alot more breadcrumbs to suggest that we might even be getting a Season 5
Something from the CM forums? Or something else? Care to elaborate for the benefit of us who don't regularly peruse all the available sources?

EDIT: Okay I've looked a bit, and it seems there are some cars (Hyundai, Mini, Nissan) that have been hinted at but haven't appeared yet. So it's possible that there could be more DLC yet to be announced, or it's possible that some cars have fallen through due to licensing difficulties.

Last edited:
Glad to see Greece return, im wondering though why is the Hyundai i20 R5 not included? Same for the i20 WRX and the Mini WRX(i read somewhere that it was confirmed that its coming to the game?)

... While completely ignoring the addition of the 206 (a HIGHLY requested car) the Golf Kit Car, more RX tracks, 2019 WRX cars... :rolleyes:

Yes, because adding a few new cars, while single-handily making returning locations from the first game paid, locked content, and the only 'new' content in the cards in terms of locations being rallycross locations that, for a good chunk of the players of the game, are secondary content to the stage rallying, is somehow good.

When the vast majority of the DLC content that makes up the namesake of your game is stuff that should have been in the game from the start, but has been held back because they were 'remastered enough to be considered new stages' (A reasoning that I cannot believe people buy into) you know that's bad, right?

...that's bad, right?
Maybe you missed the fact that DR2.0 launched with exactly as much rally content as the first game, and none of it was repeated. The carry-forward DLC stages are optional and you can buy them, or not. They also announced a good portion of the season pass content before release, so people could make a reasonably informed decision whether it was worth it to buy the deluxe edition or not.

Yes, because adding a few new cars, while single-handily making returning locations from the first game paid, locked content, and the only 'new' content in the cards in terms of locations being rallycross locations that, for a good chunk of the players of the game, are secondary content to the stage rallying, is somehow good.

When the vast majority of the DLC content that makes up the namesake of your game is stuff that should have been in the game from the start, but has been held back because they were 'remastered enough to be considered new stages' (A reasoning that I cannot believe people buy into) you know that's bad, right?

People "buy into" that reasoning because it's actually somewhat true.

The new physics, visual overhauls and stage degradation do make these feel like totally new stages. Monte Carlo is an entirely different beast now, for example. BTW, do keep in mind not everyone has played the first DR before.

Also, as for your points about rallycross, you simply can't compare a rallycross circuit to a rally locale. One is a circuit, the other is a fullblown rally locale with multiple stages, pacenotes to record etc... Pumping out rally locales at the same rate RX circuits are coming out would just be a huge strain on the devs. This is post-release content, they have to be more realistic as they have less people working on the game.

Besides, Season 4 definitely won't be the last season (as mentioned above) so we might see a completely new rally locale, who knows? Only time will tell.

EDIT: Also agree with what was just said above. The base game has 6 rally locales that are totally new to the franchise (maybe excluding Spain but its set in a different part of Spain now compared to D4.)

EDIT EDIT: Oh and sorry for not elaborating my source about another season coming up. Among sound recordings and car rumours, on SteamDB there are 2 DLC location packages that are unreleased and have yet to be named (DLC packages are given names when released.) This is almost definite proof that more locations are bound for the game.

Last edited:
people could make a reasonably informed decision whether it was worth it to buy the deluxe edition or not.
For me it was more like whether it was worth it to buy the game at all. Nothing like overloading your season passes, DLC’s, premium editions to make your base game customers feel like you’re buying a gimped version of the game :crazy:

I have been out of the loop on this one (Dirt Rally 1/Dirt 4 has sufficed)

Are they bringing back cars and tracks from DR1, and making people pay for it? :lol:

Killarney! Freaking finally!!!

58d.gif

Are we implying people making the decision to buy DLC are somehow weak-minded now? Scraping the bottom of the barrel here :rolleyes:

Say what you want?

I don't buy any Season Passes for any game, because I would like to know what that money is going towards.

Are they bringing back cars and tracks from DR1, and making people pay for it? :lol:
Making people pay for it, no, the DLC is entirely optional.

There is plenty of all new content too, though, let's not forget that part. Not to mention you can buy content individually if you don't feel like paying for the old content is worth it. Old stages with improved visuals which can be raced with cars featuring better handling physics might be worth it to many people rather than reverting back to the first game to play them.

Making people pay for it, no, the DLC is entirely optional.

There is plenty of all new content too, though, let's not forget that part. Not to mention you can buy content individually if you don't feel like paying for the old content is worth it. Old stages with improved visuals which can be raced with cars featuring better handling physics might be worth it to many people rather than reverting back to the first game to play them.

You know what I mean, no need to be pedantic :ill:

If you're properly invested in Dirt Rally 2, never had DR1, and have no other outlets for gaming, I completely understand, but for a game that only came out a few years ago, shilling off their content to the latest title is pretty tragic.

Its like when Turn10 would do it for Car Packs, 2 or 3 out of the list were already in the last game, fan favourites, that were purposely held back as they know people would want them.

Its scummy business practices like this that put me off ever buying their game day one, or any of their DLC's unless heavily discounted.

Yes, but the game launched with plenty of new content not in the first game. Codemasters could have launched the game with mostly old content and then sold the new content as DLC. The outcome would have been the same, except by making the old content DLC they truly give people a choice that doesn't feel like Codemasters is imposing add-on purchases on those who enjoy the new base content.

Last edited:
You know what I mean, no need to be pedantic :ill:

If you're properly invested in Dirt Rally 2, never had DR1, and have no other outlets for gaming, I completely understand, but for a game that only came out a few years ago, shilling off their content to the latest title is pretty tragic.

Its like when Turn10 would do it for Car Packs, 2 or 3 out of the list were already in the last game, fan favourites, that were purposely held back as they know people would want them.

Its scummy business practices like this that put me off ever buying their game day one, or any of their DLC's unless heavily discounted.
It's all optional content, though, no reason to make a fuss over it. That's like going to a restaurant and complaining that they have something you don't want on the menu. The DLC is all sold separately, so you can buy all new content if you chose to do so and ignore the old stuff. I can't see how any of that is scummy business practices.

It's all optional content, though, no reason to make a fuss over it. That's like going to a restaurant and complaining that they have something you don't want on the menu. The DLC is all sold separately, so you can buy all new content if you chose to do so and ignore the old stuff. I can't see how any of that is scummy business practices.

Because its always the case of, it should, and could have been in the game to begin with to make for a better title.

I may now hereby declare they listened. I mean, CM has listened. Unbelievable bravo. Have to purchase?, ok no problem, so far so good

Looking forward to having the entire rally section of this game available. Hell this game is good

Gamers? I save money by not buying these games or nonsense content.. if others want to, fair play to them, enjoy feeding a corrupt machine.

I didn't know playing content on an old release of a series makes you entitled to having that same (or even remastered) piece of content on a new game for free, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Back