New GTR 3 Image Surfaces, Release Date Coming Soon

yeaaahhhh !!! finaly !!!

I'm hoping for a dynamic photo weather and realistic photo rendering, tired of racing games with cartoon colors (assetto blablabla , gt sport blabla , forza bla ... all are same)

Last edited by a moderator:
GTR3_Platforms_AudiR8_04.png

They just released the GTR3's official Discord

Still shocked that there is so quite about it on this forum. I think this is big news. Let's hope this time we will see the game.

They’re going to have to do a lot more than GT3 to get my interest. I get why it’s the go to, but pretty much every racing game that isn’t series specific already has that class pretty well covered. It’s basically the Battle Royal of racing games at this point.

I also thought they were going the WEC route?

Last edited:
Still shocked that there is so quite about it on this forum. I think this is big news. Let's hope this time we will see the game.

Frankly I don't think A, anyone cares and B, anyone thinks it'll actually be any good. Its been in and out of development for so long and GTR has not been relevant for so long that its hard for there to be any interest or excitement for it.

In a racing market with the likes of AC, ACC, PC2 and 3, Automobilista and Raceroom on PC. Its hard to envisage that GTR3 will really have a place and do enough different to be really worthwhile. It won't appeal to sim racers as it will be an accessible/PC3/Simcade type game and if it has less content than those equivalents it won't do well at all.

What people really want from the legacy of GTR is a console version of Raceroom.

Honestly, does anyone still believes they're going to make it at this point? We've seen so many false starts with teasers and single screenshots for how many times now? Not a single second of gameplay in motion after all that.

I agree with Magpie, if this game ends up releasing at all, it's gonna be a redundant offering in an already crowded niche genre (either as a sim or simcade).

I don't know how closely associated the current Simbin is with Sector 3, but if they just release Raceroom with all content for the price of an AAA title, that would be a much better strategy.

Honestly, does anyone still believes they're going to make it at this point? We've seen so many false starts with teasers and single screenshots for how many times now? Not a single second of gameplay in motion after all that.

I agree with Magpie, if this game ends up releasing at all, it's gonna be a redundant offering in an already crowded niche genre (either as a sim or simcade).

I don't know how closely associated the current Simbin is with Sector 3, but if they just release Raceroom with all content for the price of an AAA title, that would be a much better strategy.
Yeah it sounds a little like damage control when they say proud of all their dev on gtr3, been quiet, will change their approach style of pr bla bla, then still only a screenshot..

That reads pretty sincere and I’d still like the title to happen, I just don’t understand what all the issues are with the development.
Surely they have some backing and even with a small development team of c++ and backend programmers they could of put out 20 cars/10 tracks in all this time.

Look at what Kunos achieved with AC, they had 6 people I believe?

That reads pretty sincere and I’d still like the title to happen, I just don’t understand what all the issues are with the development.
Surely they have some backing and even with a small development team of c++ and backend programmers they could of put out 20 cars/10 tracks in all this time.

Look at what Kunos achieved with AC, they had 6 people I believe?

Yes too bad, i loved gtr1 long ago, and gtlegends, which had good feel and fun cars, reminds me of ac a little from old memory at least. Looked and sounded good too.

Kunos did ac with 6 people? Wow, that's brilliant, plus with the ps4 port.

So looking forward to an ac sequel, which seems to be planned now for around 2024..

Back