Latest GRID Trailer Focuses on Features (and Plenty of Action)

Wet weather looks awesome and I found me some V8 Supercars gameplay and it sounds awesome.

Only downside is the physics are gonna be arcade to the max! I heard in another video that the cars have noticeable weight per vehicle but that’s about it. I will probably still get this as it looks fun.

My main hesitation with this game is how arcadey the physics are likely to be. Has anyone played it (Gamescom visitors etc) and can confirm how it drives?
If you don’t like Arcade games, this isn’t for you
GRiD has always been an arcade series and always will be an arcade series

I think it will have quite satisfying handling dynamics Ive watched a good few videos of various vehicles and it doesnt look twitchy lol. Looks like a fun title im sure it will lean towards arcade style handling but it wont be an abomination like NFS. Ive played Dirt 2 and F1 2019 more than GTS this year I trust codies to deliver some entertaining driving fun with this...

I just wish this game wasn't so Need for Speed in terms of physics and play. If it had more of a forza motorsport feel to it that would be nice. I mean it has a piece of the car roster which is awesome for a game with around 75 cars and appears to have some great features, but the driving? :yuck:

I just wish this game wasn't so Need for Speed in terms of physics and play. If it had more of a forza motorsport feel to it that would be nice. I mean it has a piece of the car roster which is awesome for a game with around 75 cars and appears to have some great features, but the driving? :yuck:

have you had chance to play this new version?

I'm honestly thinking that this may well have a place in my racing stable. While I'm concerned that the physics may be somewhat arcadey, I can overlook that to a certain degree if the game delivers solid fun, and preferably without Codemasters making you pay for a demo, and then you having to buy the full game through disingenuously titled DLC.

Wreckfest has taught me, and probably quite a few other sim racers, that sim racing doesn't always need to be a stuffy serious affair.

Grid is much closer to Forza than Need For Speed in terms of physics. It's definitely more forgiving, but it can still be very difficult with the assists off. Cars are prone to oversteer if you're not careful on the throttle and kerbs can upset the car pretty easily. It's definitely not a forgiving arcade game where you can drift around every corner. It might be hard to tell from trailers but if you watch some of the preview videos on YouTube or if you've played any of the previous game it would be easier to tell. It's probably a lot closer to what you want than you think.

No I havent. I guess I shouldn't be jumping the gun just yet that being said though it still looks a bit arcadey with its handling and driving. I will probably give it a try anyway at some point.

No I havent. I guess I shouldn't be jumping the gun just yet that being said though it still looks a bit arcadey with its handling and driving. I will probably give it a try anyway at some point.

Its probably evolved a fair bit from autosport fingers crossed its decent, the youtube vids so far need to be taken with a grain of salt as its not finished and they're not going to be objective whilst on the hype wagon...

I might get it for a more laid back racing experience. The main thing is whether it feels better to drive on a pad than Horizon 4.

I like the presentation of the game.

Is it too much to hope for Split-Screen? Since I upgraded wheel to a Fanatec I've been using the old G29 for a Player 2 set-up in GT Sport and it's a hoot! The arcade action of Grid would be perfect for racing with your mates whilst knocking back a few beers

Not every game is about simulation! Grid never was. It's more about fun.

Took the words right out of my...er, keyboard. At least if we go into a purchase knowing that it isn't a sim, then we can adjust our expectations. After seeing some of the race modes & cars that I was curious about, I'm more comfortable with the idea of buying it.

Is it too much to hope for Split-Screen? Since I upgraded wheel to a Fanatec I've been using the old G29 for a Player 2 set-up in GT Sport and it's a hoot! The arcade action of Grid would be perfect for racing with your mates whilst knocking back a few beers

That is coming in a form of DLC according to this article: https://gamingbolt.com/grid-interview-weather-track-online-offerings-and-more

If you want to have a choice of all the cars, and liveries, and rewards, and do the new career for that race mode, you need the DLC. But if you want to play with your friends we’ll never ward you from tracks. To me that’s our way of saying— In addition we’ll be adding new features in race modes to the game. A post release mode that we’re happy to announce today is split screen mode coming after release for everyone. Again, you have to buy the DLC. I have a three-year-old daughter and I want to play side-by-side with her. It’s really big for us that if you buy it we’re going to be supporting you. But microtransactions. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Super GT's first impressions :) .

There is still lack of confirmed TCR Civic... That's disappointing a bit. I hope it will be in full game.

And Nissan Skyline Group A is in somekind of SuperTourers Heritage group. Too bad it isn't in classic touring cars :(

There is still lack of confirmed TCR Civic... That's disappointing a bit. I hope it will be in full game.

And Nissan Skyline Group A is in somekind of SuperTourers Heritage group. Too bad it isn't in classic touring cars :(

I seem to remember the Honda Civic TCR was announced but when I went back to all 3 car announcement article, not a single Honda is listed in it.

I seem to remember the Honda Civic TCR was announced but when I went back to all 3 car announcement article, not a single Honda is listed in it.

It was listed

https://www.gtplanet.net/grid-car-roster-reveals-acura-cadillac-dpis/

• Aston Martin Vantage GT4 – GT
  • Honda Civic Type R TCR – Touring
  • Mazda RX-7 Panspeed – Tuner
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack – Tuner
  • Subaru Impreza WRX – Tuner
  • Subaru WRX STI TC-2 – Touring
  • SRT Viper GTS-R – GT

I wonder if this will have a livery editor? I hope so. It really looks like a fun game. If it's in between arcade and sim, it sounds like the perfect game to get together with friends and do some racing.

Also, I assume this is the same title that's coming for Switch? When I heard Grid was coming to Switch, I assumed it was the one from about 7 years ago, but maybe not

Edit - never mind, the Switch version IS the one from 7 years ago. I love Nintendo, but surely someone can do better than a 7 year old game? Xbox gamepass needs to get there so we get some of the older Forza games.

Last edited:
It was listed

https://www.gtplanet.net/grid-car-roster-reveals-acura-cadillac-dpis/

• Aston Martin Vantage GT4 – GT
  • Honda Civic Type R TCR – Touring
  • Mazda RX-7 Panspeed – Tuner
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack – Tuner
  • Subaru Impreza WRX – Tuner
  • Subaru WRX STI TC-2 – Touring
  • SRT Viper GTS-R – GT

It is odd that they remove it from their list now.

Same article at Codemasters Blog:

RGnV531.png

Source: http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/grid-more-confirmed-cars-and-faqs-answered/

Only the WTAC CRX is officially announced for Honda at the moment, maybe they have some marketing plans to announce all the Honda at one go.

And we saw gameplay of Honda S2000 and Super Modified Civic.

Something strange had happend. I think there was some kind of problem with licensing.

I hope it is for promotional reasons, maybe they are willing to show the older cars before announcement then do some joint marketing for their newest car in the list.

Back