You Can Buy the Very First PlayStation Right Now (But It's Not Cheap)

TFW you wake up and want to bid on the item, only to find out the astronomical price *sigh*

Jerome

I think it would be wise of Sony to buy it for their historic collection, that is unless they are still embarrassed about how the partnership went and don't see it as something they want to exactly remember.

TFW you wake up and want to bid on the item, only to find out the astronomical price *sigh*

Jerome
You should see it now. If it doesn't reach seven figures I'll be very surprised.

You should see it now. If it doesn't reach seven figures I'll be very surprised.
I'm watching it like a hawk :lol:

1.6 mil is my guess since they turned down 1.2 mil.

What does everyone else think it will end up at?

Jerome

By the way, reading this article just recently made me realize how cartridges and CDs have become things of the past now that digital copies of media are so common nowadays.

By the way, reading this article just recently made me realize how cartridges and CDs have become things of the past now that digital copies of media are so common nowadays.
I feel like I should send an "I'm sorry" card to Gamestop since I buy all my games digitally now.

And yet Nintendo still chooses to cram games onto cartridges for the Switch...

Nearly all of my retail games are on DVDs and Switch carts. We only have CDs and the original stereos for personal music in our cars, purchased or burned. It's not like these things are untenable now, most especially the Switch carts, which are fantastic.

And yet Nintendo still chooses to cram games onto cartridges for the Switch...
Well, I don't know but when I said cartridge, I was thinking of the first ones they made for their earlier consoles, not the ones that they have nowadays which are smaller and resemble SDHC cards.

Nearly all of my retail games are on DVDs and Switch carts. We only have CDs and the original stereos for personal music in our cars, purchased or burned. It's not like these things are untenable now, most especially the Switch carts, which are fantastic.
Yeah, because the ones involved in producing them don't like piracy and so, we are forced to buy their games which come in CDs or cards, meaning they still have their own uses in the video game segment.

If the game is available digitally, it can be downloaded but if your system has a small memory, then it's a problem once it fills up so easily. And if some people barely have time or luxury to download, then that's another problem.

What I like about that though is players can get to acquire and play older games from older generation consoles that way if it's one of the personal things they like to do.

Latest Posts

Back