GRID Season 3 Adds Koenigsegg Hypercars, Suzuka Circuit; Arrives April 15

Odd that they have the relatively old (2008) GT-R and the much more recent 2018 NSX.

Suzuka is one of my very favorite tracks in the world, so it's a pleasant surprise, especially since it hasn't been appearing in many racing games of late.

...Koenigsegg, one of the biggest lack in Grtazn Turismo !!! Give us dream , not Fiat 500 ( I have nothing against the Fiat 500 but I can buy 4 cars like that in the reality !!)

Well this is a little silly, why not add just the standard Laferrari instead of the top track model FXX K Evo? Theres no P1 GTR, Porsche 918 RSR or Bugatti Divo to go against it. Otherwise the list is ok, would have been better if they chose just one of those koenigseggs like the Jesko and put it in something like a Hennessy venom or Ssc.

Looking forward to the comparison's between GT Sport, Forza 7,AC Competizione, and GRID's version of Suzuka. lol
All that aside, the added Super GT cars are a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to trying the Agera RS and Jesko on the track. :)

Well this is a little silly, why not add just the standard Laferrari instead of the top track model FXX K Evo? Theres no P1 GTR, Porsche 918 RSR or Bugatti Divo to go against it. Otherwise the list is ok, would have been better if they chose just one of those koenigseggs like the Jesko and put it in something like a Hennessy venom or Ssc.

Its also odd that they take a modern Ferrari track monster, two Koenigsegg mega cars.... and pit them against an early 2010's Bugatti production car. Furthermore, when I think "Hypercar", only the Bugatti SS comes to mind of these four; those particular Koenigseggs are above the bar, and the FXX K is something else entirely.
They should have either chosen a more competitive modern Bugatti, or picked other textbook hypercars to compete against the Veyron (Laferrari, Agera R, P1, Huayra, 918, etc).

But at least the NSX-GT and GT-R are both (supposedly) in the same class this time. I don't know why developers ever think its a good idea to restrict cars to one-make disciplines, but I can't stand it when they do (looking at you Gr.X). I think I'd rather Grid not have the F430 Challenge, 599XX Evo, and Ford GT Heritage at all. Would've been a better time investment to pad out their already puddle-deep classes instead.

Heck, despite making complete sense, I wonder if they'll even bother migrating the 599XX Evo into this new Hypercar class, or just leave it.

Once again CM completely ignore what people have been asking for:

Drift
Drag
Togue
Sprint

This was a half assed way to make cash fast. Now season 3 is out grid will be left to rot.

Drift
Drag
Togue
Sprint

This was a half assed way to make cash fast. Now season 3 is out grid will be left to rot.

They have said they are not done with GRID... We will se what next will come.

They have tons of content to reuse from Grid Autosport alone... i wonder why they won't do that...

Drift
Drag
Togue
Sprint

Although it is not listed as a separate mode, Sprint races are still possible on the point-to-point variant of Otukama.

Drift
Drag
Touge
Sprint

You know the funny thing is if you look in accolades there are like 5 different achievements for various drifting techniques (braking, feint, handbrake, powerslide, etc) :lol: But nope, we're not gonna put an actual drift mode in the game.

Drag racing in Autosport was a nice surprise in how detailed the start procedure was (shallow staging FTW). I also miss the other 3 touge tracks (California, Cote d'Azur and Hong Kong) from previous games, but I can drive them as mods in Assetto so it's not that bad I suppose.

I think CM will cut their losses with this game after S3 knowing how bad sales figures are. IMO they should just focus on Dirt and F1 games instead of releasing half assed Grid games every 5 years. If they're smart they're gonna let SMS do their own thing with PCARS 3, at worst they're gonna end up like Evo Studios with Onrush :crazy:

I'm surprised they got Suzuka, this is the circuit that SMS wanted to put into Project CARS 2 so badly but eventually didn't get it in because it's too expensive. Weird...

On the other hand, Codemasters already has Suzuka via their F1 license so probably that license extends to all their games. And the work of bringing it from F1 to GRID is probably a fraction of the work if it would be a brand new track for the studio.

I'll check it out when it releases but I'm mildly enthousiastic about GRID anyway, I play Dirt Rally 2.0 a lot again recently, IMO by far Codemasters' best racing game/sim this console generation.

I'm surprised they got Suzuka, this is the circuit that SMS wanted to put into Project CARS 2 so badly but eventually didn't get it in because it's too expensive. Weird...

On the other hand, Codemasters already has Suzuka via their F1 license so probably that license extends to all their games. And the work of bringing it from F1 to GRID is probably a fraction of the work if it would be a brand new track for the studio.

thats good news, because maybe Project Cars 3 will get suzuka thanks to Codies license :)

Still... In my opinion this is the best addition in this season (along with GTR). There are not so much GT500 games out there. Too bad we didn't get any lexus or toyota but I understand this is license issues made by toyota not lazinest of Codies.

but what the hell happened with the monstrous tractor V8 sound from the Agera RS :boggled:

The Agera is using the same engine sample as the Porsche 917/30. Even in that car, it is a total mismatch because the real vehicle has a Flat-12.

Bought the ultimate edition on psn for 27€, game looks great, sound of the cars is perfect. But so few gp tracks, multiplayer is ok but only 1 full lobby if you're lucky. Also the leaderboard search is a big 0. Don't they(codemasters) play other games. My review 5/10. 2 sale bonus points. Total 7/10.

Latest Posts

Back