Aston Martin V12 Heritage Twins Celebrate 100 Years of Zagato

Anybody else finding Aston exteriors look good but cabins severely outdated? Looks stale and not premium.

I think the reason why the interior looks so dated is because this is based on the last-generation Vantage.

Yeah weird, and all 500 sold. I guess that's not a big number of units, but at the same time don't get why anybody would buy this over a Lexus LC500 for example. Must be an Aston thing..

mef
Yeah weird, and all 500 sold. I guess that's not a big number of units, but at the same time don't get why anybody would buy this over a Lexus LC500 for example. Must be an Aston thing..
It's more of an "I plan to stuff this into storage and auction it for twice its value in 10 years" thing, which seems to be Aston Martin's target demographic nowadays.

It's more of an "I plan to stuff this into storage and auction it for twice its value in 10 years" thing, which seems to be Aston Martin's target demographic nowadays.

Other car brands are doing the same. Marketing > product these days. That marketing strategy in itself is nothing to be upset about, some people have the cash and can buy these.

But it's the 'All 500 Sold' or 'almost all units sold' type news coverage with alleged sales figure which I find a bit annoying, for two reasons:

-the aim is to stir up speculation (up sales)

-to announce to the bottom 99% that the 1% have just purchased 500 new toys - it is a reminder others walk in different circles

Last edited:
mef
They are different cars targeting a very different demographic. A person considering buying a pair of limited edition Aston Martins for $2 million probably won't even have the LC500 on thier radar.

If money was no object I'd pick an Aston over a Lexus, Lexus make good cars but they aren't special cars, they aren't colectors items and that's what these hyper expensive special editions are all about. Lexus would never get away with selling a couple of special edition LC500's for $2 million, but Aston can because they have that heritage. They also look a hell of a lot better.

Of course the way a car looks is entirely subjective, but I've not really seen a Lexus that I've though was better looking that a number of other cars in it's class for a long time.

mef
Where are you getting the 500 units from? The article says only 19 pairs will be built.
R-Reforged will only build 19 coupes and 19 speedsters in total, and herein lies the catch. The “Heritage Twins” are just that — they only comes as a pair.

Back