Pro Drivers to Play Gran Turismo Sport for Charity on May 4

Nice idea.👍

If only the races could be saved as a 'ghost' event so that we mere mortals could race against the originals, perhaps being able to choose our grid position (replacing one of the real drivers) to see how we'd compare. Purely for fun, no DR/SR complications. Obviously it wouldn't be wholy realistic as the ghost wouldn't defend against us, but it would be fun to try to drive around them (assuming we actually could!).

There could even be a one-off entry fee for the charity.

Nice idea.👍

If only the races could be saved as a 'ghost' event so that we mere mortals could race against the originals, perhaps being able to choose our grid position (replacing one of the real drivers) to see how we'd compare. Purely for fun, no DR/SR complications. Obviously it wouldn't be wholy realistic as the ghost wouldn't defend against us, but it would be fun to try to drive around them (assuming we actually could!).

There could even be a one-off entry fee for the charity.

Hi Teddy,

I had considered the latter idea at one stage, but the response from drivers was very prompt!

Spare a thought for me; I’ll be in the room for the broadcast but can’t hop in myself! :lol:

Hi Teddy,

I had considered the latter idea at one stage, but the response from drivers was very prompt!

Oh, I can certainly imagine the response if it were a live event for mere mortals to join in with!🤬🤬🤬🤬:D

Like I say though, if it were possible to save the race afterwards and it be a challenge event, a bit like the Lewis Hamilton DLC or GT sport's Arcade or Campaign modes, just replacing the normal AI drivers with the recorded drivers. Sort of like watching a recording of an F1 race and going "Nyeeeooowww" whilst turning an imaginary steering wheel, pretending you're overtaking LeClerc and Verstappen, only in GT Sport.

Ok, now I know I've stayed up too late!:embarrassed:

Hi Teddy,

Spare a thought for me; I’ll be in the room for the broadcast but can’t hop in myself! :lol:
Fellow islander here, a good friend of mine went to St Catherine's and has worked there too, what an awesome and strange surprise to read, thanks for your efforts!

Fellow islander here, a good friend of mine went to St Catherine's and has worked there too, what an awesome and strange surprise to read, thanks for your efforts!

Whereabouts are you on the island? I grew up in Wellow, then moved over to Gosport three years ago for an apprenticeship.

St. Catherine’s is a really great place, and I’m always eager to help them where I can!

When I was 14-15, I was just starting to get involved in motorsport as a writer, and sometimes I’d be allowed to work on race reports in class.

Support like that made the idea of working in the sport feel like something that had legs. Just looking at my former peers, I know they spark ambition and belief in a lot of other people too, and give them tools to act on that.

Whereabouts are you on the island? I grew up in Wellow, then moved over to Gosport three years ago for an apprenticeship.

St. Catherine’s is a really great place, and I’m always eager to help them where I can!

When I was 14-15, I was just starting to get involved in motorsport as a writer, and sometimes I’d be allowed to work on race reports in class.

Support like that made the idea of working in the sport feel like something that had legs. Just looking at my former peers, I know they spark ambition and belief in a lot of other people too, and give them tools to act on that.
I'm a Shanklin kid these days, but always been a Ventnorian in my heart :)

They are definitely a great place that's done the island a world of good. Glad to see it popping up here of all places, best of luck for a great event.

The pros are certainly using more of the track than I feel comfortable doing! I'd be interested to find out which view each driver uses.

Jake Hill to Simpson, " Can you get wi-fi not dial?" Cheeky mare!:D

Le Mans next. Track limit penalties ahoy!

Back