Gran Turismo 7 Set to Arrive in Second Half of 2021, According to Fanatec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit, Ownership of the company Fanatec was not what first came to mind upon reading the name of the parent company:

upload_2021-1-27_8-47-33.png

Yes! this is a nice bit of news. I hope it's true. I'm actually playing GTS right now and using my CSL Elite, how fitting LOL. Perhaps Fanatec are going to partner GT7 and become the Official Wheel for the game, who knows. I'm hoping GT7 does in fact come in 2021.

Eh, the page just says "probably in Q3 or Q4". Seems like they're guessing the same as anyone to me.
To an extent; Fanatec isn't, as far as we're aware, officially linked with PD/Sony at this point and if it was wouldn't be spilling launch dates. However it's planning an entire new product line for PS5 this year based on being able to sell it by the pallet when GT7 arrives, and projecting that to be part of a €10m boost in "consolidated sales" (I really hate that term, as it could mean anything from revenue to profit, but usually neither).

In essence Fanatec has a lot at stake here, and its projections are noteworthy on that basis. But they definitely are projections, not confirmations.

If it arrives this year it is indeed sooner than later, considering the GT fame of delaying. I just hope it comes as the hopes, like something that showcase PS5 generation and all current resources we already have in other sims known as quality life features.:cheers:

First: GT7 in the first half of 2021
Now: GT7 in 2021
Tomorrow: GT7 in the 21st century
This new release date i already imaginate it. Now It just needs to be confirmed by Sony or Polyphony

This is pretty cool info to hear! If this is true I'll definitely purchase a PS5 sooner than I thought.
I can't even buy a PS5 in my country yet lol. All completely sold out...scalpers on the used market...the usual. I hope we get new supply by GT7's release.

Annoyed but not surprised if true.
I'll accept it more if we soon get official information/update on exactly what GT7 is going to be and it's content, soften the blow and increase the correct hype, not speculative hype.

Last edited:
I'm not paying Scalpers Prices for a PS5, I'll just wait until GT7 is officially announced & get one then at RRP. :cool:
Hopefully the Scumbags are left with loads of Unsold Consoles they can't shift. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
As long as it's in 2021, I'd rather PD release a full / bug free game, than "rush" it :lol: and give us a half @rsed game.

Annoyed but not surprised if true.
I'll accept it more if we soon get official information/update on exactly what GT7 is going to be and it's content, soften the blow and increase the correct hype, not speculative hype.

If it truly isn't planned to release until October/November it's very likely we won't hear anything until May/June sort of time. Basically whenever it is planned for release, expect the announcement of such and start of proper promotion somewhere around 6 months beforehand. Not much more than that.

Last edited:
By then I might be able to have saved up a 10th of the price of the PS5 in my country.

Right now selling for 8x my monthly wage.

EDIT: Ooh, there's one I can pay in 12 instalments of R$666,66!

Last edited:
The title of this news is a bit misleading. In no way we are confirming here anything. We are speculating as much as you do and have not more info than anybody else.

We gave our investors an outlook for 2021 and announced that we expect that our growth will continue in 2021. This is based on a few assumptions and one of it was that the launch of GT7 was rumored to happen in 2021 as announced here on gtplanet and other websites.

If that happens then we are expecting this to rather happen in the second half of the year because of the following reasons:
  • The marketing campaign for GT7 has not started yet. For GT6 it started in May and the game was launched 7 Months later. This means that a launch in the first half is unlikely.
  • Except GT3 A-Spec all other major GT titles were released in the second half and mostly in Q4
  • If the game would be launched in Q2 or even Q1 2021 it could have been ready in Q4 2020 and GT7 would have been a launch title of the PS5. As this important date was missed and the PS5 has still a shortage and no need for additional marketing there is no pressure to rush to the market in Q1 or Q2 this year. It probably makes more sense to polish the game and add more features and release it when there is enough supply of PS5s.
So IF the game is released this year, it is very likely that it will be in the second half and this is what we base our forecast for our steering wheels on.

Needless to say that we would be quite happy to see a new GT title this year so let's see what happens.

Big surprise. It will come out in November/december like basically every other GT game. But no guarantee it will be in 2021.

GT Sport need at least 1 more big update because it's really boring.

I kind of feel the same way, I feel pd can bring some hype back to sport and use the Momentum to lunch gt7, we all know they have a GT sport build running at 120fps and 8k as we saw a few years ago, so why not give a 120fps update and some new tracks to sport so we can hold off till gt7. We know all the time that PD is all ways later on there game so I still feel we will not see it in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back