Ferrari Confirms Le Mans Hypercar Entry From 2023

So let me get this right. In the 2023 WEC in the LMH class FERRARI will join Toyota, Alpine, Peugeot, Glickenhaus and ByKolles along with any others to come. And is it entirely possible that at Le Mans that year the LMDh class cars of Audi, Acura and PORSCHE will join and hopefully among others?

So let me get this right. In the 2023 WEC in the LMH class FERRARI will join Toyota, Alpine, Peugeot, Glickenhaus and ByKolles along with any others to come. And is it entirely possible that at Le Mans that year the LMDh class cars of Audi, Acura and PORSCHE will join and hopefully among others?

LMDh is part of the prototype convergence agreement meaning they will be running at Le Mans alongside Hypercar come 2023.

Also Alpine doesn't count because they're borrowing the old Rebellion LMP1s

WHAT???? YEEEEEEEEEEEES!! Finally Ferrari's back in endurance. I was thinking of how amazing it'd be for Ferrari to enter LMH, and make their road going version the LaFerrari successor, with a good old V12. Although my brain does say they'll use a turbo V8, but my heart just goes *NA V12 noises*

LMH is looking very good now! This plus LMDh, oh boy the next few years are gonna be absolutely amazing for endurance racing. To be fair I shouldn't be surprised, at this point this is just part of the cycle; new regs, amazing for a few years, slow decline, new regs, rinse and repeat :lol:

Considering the Hypercar class seems to have turned more to a group that resembles an evolution of LMP1/2 based designs, I don't think it'll become the LaFerrari successor, as that car is technically already in development. Granted no one knows what its design looks like since the mules are just old LaFerraris, so it's possible its design is being translated into this (likely) LMP-esque race car but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
This is probably due to the cost cap in F1. Now the talent and extra funding can be split elsewhere, perfect!

WEC is about to have a second golden era like 2014-2016. I remember the odd start with 2012 and 2013, but once things get ironed out, 2023 is going to be one heck of a Motorsport year!

They were going to do something with that extra spending money from F1 and I suppose this is it. I was kind of hoping they'd go for Indycar but this is pretty cool too.

I think this move has been provoked by their recent troubles in F1. Interesting nonetheless.
It’s more likely due to the new budget cap in F1. This allows them to keep people employed and not let resources go to waste.

Edit: iName an MisterWaffles beat me to it. Should’ve continued reading. :ouch:

Last edited:
Unless it's based on the La Ferrari it will just be another LMP1 Lite like the Toyota designed to compete with boring DPi's.

Hopefully this means a Hypercar vs. LMDh battle at least twice a year in 24 hour races if both can run IMSA as well as WEC. Open the season at Daytona then clash again that summer at LeMans.

Ferrari is coming back to lemans to fight for top honours.

As a Ferrari fan I would never thought this would happen due to F1 commitments.

Ferrari is back to Lemans baby!!! Time to fight for the 10th overall win.

I think this move has been provoked by their recent troubles in F1. Interesting nonetheless.

Possibly, perhaps more particularly by their feeling that they've lost some of their Ferrari bargaining power with the sport's new owners, even with Domenicali now at the helm. If they're established in another pinnacle series it give greater credibility to their five-times-a-year claim that this time they're really going to walk away from F1.

Possibly, perhaps more particularly by their feeling that they've lost some of their Ferrari bargaining power with the sport's new owners, even with Domenicali now at the helm. If they're established in another pinnacle series it give greater credibility to their five-times-a-year claim that this time they're really going to walk away from F1.

If Ferrari is not winning in F1 better to try other categories.

Helps with the brand because Ferrari has been not been winning anything. I could careless about profits and brand image when Ferrari was made for winning.

Good to hear, I hope this car will appear in Gran Turismo 7, Forza Motorsport Reboot, Project Cars 4 and many other future racing games.

It’s more likely due to the new budget cap in F1. This allows them to keep people employed and not let resources go to waste.

Edit: iName an MisterWaffles beat me to it. Should’ve continued reading. :ouch:
Yeah, the budget cap in F1 and employment law in Italy dictate Ferrari spend its resources in creative ways. If they put them all into an endurance racing effort in lieu of the canceled Indy car program, the results could be epic.

thumbnail_1017419919-SCH-19650620-262_20.jpg

Ferrari scored its last Le Mans triumph with the customer NART team in 1965, when Americans Masten Gregory and Ed Hugus joined Austrian Jochen Rindt in the line-up of the winning 250LM. Motorsport Images

32 of these orgasmic GT's were produced, many with interior trim. I want one.

Yeah, the budget cap in F1 and employment law in Italy dictate Ferrari spend its resources in creative ways. If they put them all into an endurance racing effort in lieu of the canceled Indy car program, the results could be epic.

thumbnail_1017419919-SCH-19650620-262_20.jpg

Ferrari scored its last Le Mans triumph with the customer NART team in 1965, when Americans Masten Gregory and Ed Hugus joined Austrian Jochen Rindt in the line-up of the winning 250LM. Motorsport Images

32 of these orgasmic GT's were produced, many with interior trim. I want one.

Ferrari ever since they stopped racing at Lemans still held 9 wins this whole time. They are actually 3rd behind audi and porsche.

Ferrari ever since they stopped racing at Lemans still held 9 wins this whole time. They are actually 3rd behind audi and porsche.
It could be noted that Alfa Romeo won LeMans three times during the 1930's. I think for two of those wins Enzo Ferrari was official team manager, and contributed greatly to the design and preparation of the cars.

One day you think that motorsport slowly dying, other you gasp that there a top grid underway. Amazing. Hope LMH will be as cool as GT1. Waiting for Mercedes-McLaren entry for a full set.

Back