Circuit Superstars Hits Steam Early Access, Coming to Consoles Later

Pit stops! Haven't played a top down racer with pit stops since Indy Heat on the Amiga 500, such a blast! This looks soo good.

TBH, I would love to see a regular racing game with these graphics. Even if it had arcade physics. It just looks so cool. Sort of like the old race event poster art. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. My two boys will be sure to enjoy it and it may just get them into racing as well.

Isnt it funny / tragic that a small game like this has animated, dynamic moving pit crew and a hardcore-sim like ACC or big-budget game like Forza 7 has no pit crew at all?

Also, i think a game like this would have been cool with the Lego license. Forza Horizon 4... not so much.

I've loved simple top down racing games ever since the days of the arcade game Super Sprint. I've had a few on various consoles since and i've found that no matter how good the graphics are, they are only ever as good as the control method and how well it responds. I'm hoping they've spent a good degree of development time on this point because it certainly looks great.

That's cute.

Like interesting and pure fun. How do you control your car in this game?

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

This looks awesome. Even if it was just the cars, I'd be excited for it but adding in trophy trucks brings back a wave of nostalgia. That alone makes it worth getting hyped up for.

I‘m hyped :bowdown: Really looking forward to this, I hope it‘ll feature local multiplayer for >=4 players

Off Road with trophy trucks. Awesome!

Reminds me of this.

3308991a10894c18b09208bd21ca37f9.jpg

It looks good but it's funny how all of the released videos show such clean driving. Given the aesthetic alone I can't imagine people choosing not to hit each other during a race. Any kind of penalty mode would also be far too overbearing for a game like this anyways but I imagine the real world driving looking nothing like that footage.

Auto Mobillista was cell shaded and more traditional racing cameras. This is top down racing. I feel more like the old Off-Road games than Auto Mobillista.

That looks fun. I would love a modern remake of the Super Off-Road game. We had a blast with that one back in the day.

This game gives me the slot car/hot wheels/speed racer vibes. I can't wait to get it for the Nintendo Switch and go 4 player with the family.

Apparently car and driver customization, tire wear, damage and fuel consumption will all be in this game. If they throw in a track editor.. forget it, I'll lose it.

More info:
https://www.originalfiregames.com/

Back