Circuit Superstars Hits Steam Early Access, Coming to Consoles Later

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 239 comments
  • 42,311 views
Any recent news on this title? I know COVID hit hard but it has been quite a while since I've found any updates on this.
 
no new info about the game but I guess development is going well based on Square Enix Collective Producer tweet:
 
no new info about the game but I guess development is going well based on Square Enix Collective Producer tweet:

Thanks! I'm not on Twitter so I would not have seen this. Much appreciated.
 
Gave the demo a shot and the game has captured me with its charm already. It is very likeable for similar reasons to Art of Rally; it has a gorgeous art style and despite its simplified nature, pulls off the fundamentals of a racing game quite brilliantly. You even get a taste of the degradation in the demo, really keen to try it out in competitive races! :D
 
Manage to gave it a try just now, the handling is alright but it is a bit understeer for both cars. Visually the game looks really charming and the pitstop animation looks really cute in action.
 
I'm really enjoying the demo. You get 2 cars, a WRC Focus-a-like, and a GT3 Corvette-a-like and 1 track. You can feel the differences in the handling with the WRC prone to understeer and the back can come round in the GT3 which gets progressively worse as the tyre wear kicks in.

All in all it looks very promising.

Have you tried it @Scaff?
 
I'm really enjoying the demo. You get 2 cars, a WRC Focus-a-like, and a GT3 Corvette-a-like and 1 track. You can feel the differences in the handling with the WRC prone to understeer and the back can come round in the GT3 which gets progressively worse as the tyre wear kicks in.

All in all it looks very promising.

Have you tried it @Scaff?
Not yet, but I certainly need to, thanks for the heads up
 
The menu is apparently not working in the demo. If I want to make changes in the menu, I can't get out anymore.
 
Gave it a good go today, can't wait for this to hit early access.
How would you compare it to Ultimate Racing 2D (if such a comparison is sensible)?
 
Ah, who am I kidding, had to have a quick go, and it's great. six track and six cars at present, with different layouts for the tracks.

Gave the ’Feather’ a go in three 5 lap races, qualifying is a thing, as are pit stops. Car wise you get a Vintage GP, F1, US Muscle, Caterham 7, GT Car, and a Racing Truck. Customization for cars and drivers is in, but basic, and replays is an option but are currently not working.

The key part however is that the handing is really well done, oh and it's cute as hell.


20210305172942_1.jpg


20210305174323_1.jpg
 
Last edited:
MXH
This game (and Art of Rally) can’t come soon enough to consoles.

Hope it's going to be on Switch at some point. Feels like it's going to be prefect for that console.
 
Last edited:
Back