Win Tickets to the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed in a GT Sport Online Competition

I just did a really sloppy 58.343 after a couple of laps. Definitely not my type of car! :lol: However, if all you have to do is upload a video of your lap, wouldn't it be really easy to play around with the settings to gain an unfair advantage over the competition? The rules say that you have to use the default settings but as long as someone doesn't make it blindingly obvious (for instance by changing the transmission to a degree where they are in an impossible gear at a certain speed) there's no real way to ensure players are abiding by this. I think that ditching this rule would've been the better option.

Last edited:
Gonna give this a shot. Last year seemed abit of a mess so hopefully things were learned and improvements were made.

Here's the attempt from last year:

Last edited:
Anyone know if this is open to international competitors or just UK?

From what I've read, I don't seem to see a portion where its stated to be only for UK residents.

Last edited:
What is their definition of a professional e-sports player?

Likewise if you just upload a clip to social media there is no way to confirm if you are using stock settings and standard power/weight...

Seriously, you're asking me what "their" definition is ?
How about you click the link and ask them,contact info is at the bottom of the page and the official rules are about half way down at the link that says "click here".💡

If you currently make money from e-sports or are sponsored by anyone then you're considered a professional.
I would say: if you can life from your doing (esport, sport, regular work) because you earn so much money from this activity, than your professional in this area.

Besides: Will there be a kind of a leader board with the times to evaluate my own time?

Last year's competition was a complete mess tbh. People were using different settings, different tyres, TC, using h-shifter to upshift and paddles to downshift. Unless there's an official entry in the game's TT section there is no way to police the settings.

Just have fun, but don't expect too much out of it unless you're an alien :P

Seriously, you're asking me what "their" definition is ?
How about you click the link and ask them,contact info is at the bottom of the page and the official rules are about half way down at the link that says "click here".💡

If you currently make money from e-sports or are sponsored by anyone then you're considered a professional.

Just a point of discussion, as I don't think there is enough money in Gran Turismo sim racing to start excluding people from competitions on the basis of whether they're considered a professional or not.

To me, you're a professional in a certain sport/e-sport if you make enough money to do it as a full-time job... I am not aware of anyone who affords to do this by playing Gran Turismo.

Just a point of discussion, as I don't think there is enough money in Gran Turismo sim racing to start excluding people from competitions on the basis of whether they're considered a professional or not.

To me, you're a professional in a certain sport/e-sport if you make enough money to do it as a full-time job... I am not aware of anyone who affords to do this by playing Gran Turismo.

I guess in theory, a Pro from another game could jump on GT to run laps for the prize. That would be about the only way I could see it happening in GT.

There are people who make a healthy living through YouTube via GT Sport (and other sim racing franchises). Yes, sure they're not necessarily "professional" but they could be considered as such, seeing as they make a living through racing online.

I think the main thing here is they're trying to exclude people who race professionally, be it through an e-sports channel or for a professional team but also dabble in e-sports, to make it possible for us non-pro's to stand a remote chance of posting a competitive time.

Not that I stand a chance, unless we're talking about an entry pool of about 75 people!

Last edited:
However, if all you have to do is upload a video of your lap, wouldn't it be really easy to play around with the settings to gain an unfair advantage over the competition? The rules say that you have to use the default settings but as long as someone doesn't make it blindingly obvious (for instance by changing the transmission to a degree where they are in an impossible gear at a certain speed) there's no real way to ensure players are abiding by this. I think that ditching this rule would've been the better option.
Last year's competition was a complete mess tbh. People were using different settings, different tyres, TC, using h-shifter to upshift and paddles to downshift. Unless there's an official entry in the game's TT section there is no way to police the settings.
If it's subtle enough, yes, you can get away with it (and note that CSA is not banned), but this year the prize isn't for the leaderboard. The leaderboard is just an amuse bouche for the online heats in June, and you won't get through that with shenanigans.

I guess in theory, a Pro from another game could jump on GT to run laps for the prize. That would be about the only way I could see it happening in GT.

To be a real stickler for the terms and conditions ..... it doesn't actually say a GTSport professional. It just says "professional e-sports player".

So in theory professionals from other games are actually the only ones who can't take part :lol:

I won the time trial for this competition last year but was contacted by Goodwood saying I've not won because they deemed me as being a Professional due to being in the Williams Esports team. I explained that I'm not a pro gamer, not even semi-pro, and that I do it as a hobby and still have a full time day job.

I'm not part of the main Williams team any more but I'm not even going to bother with this one.

I'm assuming the criteria for what they consider "professional" are that you:

- Are paid or Sponsored by a brand when you compete
- Are part of a team (Redline, Williams E-Sports, etc)
- Have made consecutive appearances in an E-Sports event

That would be my best guess.

Last edited:
what happened to the winners from last year? Did they not get the tickets for this years event july 8th- july 11th and everyone just wasted their time?
I finished 6th in this last year and took it for granted the winners would already have tickets in hand???

Seems a massive shambles to me 👎:rolleyes: Here's last years finish order...

october-26-am-website.jpg

Here's my final lap from the event .. it was not easy!

Good luck to whoever wins this year maybe you will be lucky enough to actually get a prize haha :lol:

Last edited:
Is that Ed Jones from Indycar and Anthony Reid erstwhile grumpy Scottish BTCC driver on that leaderboard getting beat by some GTPlanet regulars? :gtpflag:

I won the time trial for this competition last year but was contacted by Goodwood saying I've not won because they deemed me as being a Professional due to being in the Williams Esports team. I explained that I'm not a pro gamer, not even semi-pro, and that I do it as a hobby and still have a full time day job.

I'm not part of the main Williams team any more but I'm not even going to bother with this one.

I'm mates with the guy who finished second and he's not been contacted by Goodwood so to answer your question @Mr P, it seems that no prize did get handed out.

And now the cheeky buggers have tagged me in a tweet still saying I won last year's competition. The cheek :lol:

I'm mates with the guy who finished second and he's not been contacted by Goodwood so to answer your question @Mr P, it seems that no prize did get handed out.

And now the cheeky buggers have tagged me in a tweet still saying I won last year's competition. The cheek :lol:

That's just wrong.. but nothing shocks me anymore! scammers are everywhere and this silly competition was a complete shambles! how the hell they have the brass nuts to put you down as last years winner without being rewarded is just ludicrous :confused: I wouldn't let them use my name in this years farce.. take a lawsuit out against them mate :lol::lol:👍

That's just wrong.. but nothing shocks me anymore! scammers are everywhere and this silly competition was a complete shambles! how the hell they have the brass nuts to put you down as last years winner without being rewarded is just ludicrous :confused: I wouldn't let them use my name in this years farce.. take a lawsuit out against them mate :lol::lol:👍

:lol: It would have been nice to go but won't be the same in the current climate I don't think!

Well, this is a rather sad looking:

hotlaps-leaderboard-website-may-21.jpg

Gonna guess the severe lack of prize giving hasn't had as many people interested.

Also, my lap:

Last edited:

Well, this is a rather sad looking:

hotlaps-leaderboard-website-may-21.jpg

Gonna guess the severe lack of prize giving hasn't had as many people interested.

Also, my lap:

I think a few questionable posts regarding last years contest results might have scared away people. It is a very good raceway so to win free tickets to the 2022 Goodwood Festival of Speed would be kind of cool.

I posted my 54.928 entry by also providing the end and tuning screen to prove that nothing was touched.
Sector 1 I was faster than a 54.7xx entry by 0.100 or so.. I know I lose time at 3rd sector and especially in the chicane it seems. But after 1050km, I still have no idea how the 1st got 54.2...
The rules could have just stated to provide video of the lap + ending screen where you go to the car's settings in order to show it's stock. Simple.

P.S. Am I the only one that noticed the leaderboard times until 10th are not in order?:odd:

Last edited:
2nd and 5th are the same person too. The organisation seems pretty lacking. Not surprising there's been so little interest.

P.S. Am I the only one that noticed the leaderboard times until 10th are not in order?:odd:

Just picked up on that myself. Seems they haven't improved much at all.

Last edited:
Back