Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online to Launch on PlayStation 5/Xbox Series November 11

This will be the third generation console GTA5 is landing on, that's pretty impressive that there is still a market for it.

That being said, it is an incredible game in many ways, that other developers just can't get right on open world games of this type.

Will get this on PS5 just to play through the story again

Last edited:
Given that the GTAV Re-Remaster releases at the end of this year I think it’s immensely unlikely that we’ll get a GTA VI in 2022 or 2023 even. GTA V came out almost 8 years ago. They made 1 (one!) game since and it was pretty bad IMO.

Spectacular.

Count me out when it comes to buying this game for a third time.

Doesn't stand off to Resident Evil 4, but damn, here we go again I guess. Slightly interested in getting it free, had a full baggage left after years of playing, but no passion any more. Hope those surprises are enough for few days of nostalgia and meeting old friends, who still play it daily sice '13.

Last edited:
If it came out like this, i`d re buy it..
watch

Last edited:
Same here. I have bought 5 copies of the PS3 version, 3 copies for PS4. One of each for myself and the others for my kids and friends birthday gift. I think Rockstar has enough of my money for me to play their glitchy games. Dont get me started on Red Dead.

Rockstar definitely has us all on the tit. As long as people keep buying Shark Cards (not me) for GTA V we will never get GTA 6. Why make a new game when we are still paying them so much money on the 8 year old one?

Given that the GTAV Re-Remaster releases at the end of this year I think it’s immensely unlikely that we’ll get a GTA VI in 2022 or 2023 even. GTA V came out almost 8 years ago. They made 1 (one!) game since and it was pretty bad IMO.

Spectacular.

i was not that impressed with the story on gta5 actually preferred the og gta3 or gta san andreas

Rockstar definitely has us all on the tit. As long as people keep buying Shark Cards (not me) for GTA V we will never get GTA 6. Why make a new game when we are still paying them so much money on the 8 year old one?
People who spend so much money on shark cards should be sacrificed. You can easily make 8 mill on 2 days of Cayo Perico.

Last edited:
This is crazy. Buying that game again?
Probably more crazy that I want to buy the GTA pack with GTA Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. :lol:👍

Most people are like "man, when do you think they gonna release GTA 6? 2023? 2024?"

Meanwhile, at R* HQ: "so, the new generation of consoles are here. For how many years can we milk GTA Online? We need to milk it until at least 1 year prior to ps7/xbox oneseriesxXx720 release"

This is crazy. Buying that game again?
Probably more crazy that I want to buy the GTA pack with GTA Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. :lol:👍

You might get your wish. There have been rumours of remasters, the release about E&E says:

"in honor of the upcoming 20th anniversary of the genre defining Grand Theft Auto III, we’ll have even more fun surprises to share — including some specifically for GTA Online players."

Also, there was a T2 investors call yesterday, usual waffle, sales numbers etc but also this plan was revealed:
E26-FEE4-C-8435-4-F6-F-B2-BB-6089-B46-FF513.jpg

Thats an awful lot of games in a short time... granted not necessarily all R* stuff. Note especially the "new iterations of previous titles".

p78
Isn't GTA Online supposed to be free on the new console?

Its free for the first 3 months on PS5. What exactly this means is unclear - some people seem to think that this means you will be able to claim the game in the first 3 months and keep it, others think it means you will be able to play for 3 months and then at that point have to purchase should you wish to keep playing.

Meantime, GTA5 has now sold over 145m copies, 5m alone since February. In total the franchise has sold over 345m.

I don't get the hate really, its popular because people still want to play it.
Yes there are shark cards, but they aren't needed. R* give you $2m a month at the moment, just for logging on.
Even aside from that its easy to make money, the cayo perico heist takes maybe an hour or so and will net over $1m. Use proceeds to buy businesses and then leave yourself logged in (watch TV in a garage etc) and let it rack up whilst you are doing other things.

Yes it does need some tidying up and re-organisation but I reckon some of that may happen with E&E and more when 6 comes out and is pushed in to online (Note: if you weren't aware online is being split away from the single player game - how exactly that works or what it means long term, who knows)...

p78
Isn't GTA Online supposed to be free on the new console?

With regard to the discussions around this, the online game is offered free for first three months then you have to pay to get the game.

However if you have added it in the first three months you will still be able to play for free as long as you have an active PS Plus Subscription.

Really did enjoy this on PC, especially being able to drive with a wheel.
Would be a very nice enhancement for console if it was possible.

Still play RDR2 occasionally but for me, GTA 5 has run it’s course.

p78
2mil? I get 1 from the store, but where does the other mil come from?

I think he's referring to the claim process now that we do it from the store, seems it credits any months you played when you redeem the code as I got 2 million since I had March and April played.

p78
2mil? I get 1 from the store, but where does the other mil come from?

1m from the store for being on PS4.
If you have amazon prime hook up a twitch account, you get 200k per week for logging on and another 200k if you log in for 4 weeks in a row.

IIRC you can get 500k for just turning on 2FA on your rockstar account.

Last edited:
Back