3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a practice session with Lefty and CSL tonight. At first they couldn't see each other, but after Lefty logged out and back in voila. It worked. Why oh Why? Now if they see each other in Hyrdo's lounge tomorrow night we won't be able to eliminate anything. :lol:

There was a brief mention about connection issues - or something in the Spec II update.
Maybe...we have a solution for all races 👍

From the News:
- Fixed an issue where there was a server connection problem in certain network environments.
Fingers - they are now crossed officially :lol:

Edit -
All current drivers have been added to GTP_Hydro's PSN list for tomorrow's races.
See you all on the track 👍

If there's room, any late drivers can just add me to their PSN list and join us online 👍

:crazy: Edit -
I meant to post his last night:
If everyone haven't already bought it, I'll throw in The Kazunori Special Schulze Motor Sports Nissan GT-R N24 from the update for the winners of both the EU, and NA races.
You cannot win twice...the prize that is :sly:

Last edited:
We have room for you for sure. 👍 There are 4 open slots with the race tomorrow... in fact you get priority over anyone who is running both slots with NA being their primary and there are a few of those including me. :sly: But it won't be a problem as we have room for 16 drivers. In fact, we are trying to hunt down another 3 to fill the grid.

I'm up for 30 laps, but the event will probably go over an hour if we do that with the pits included. In fact we could run the EU event 30 laps and the NA 25 laps, but that was really just a typo as we planned to run them both the same distance.

We can take some driver feedback here in the thread for 25 vs 30 laps, but the verbal communication from us stewards to drivers up until this point has been 25 laps so that'll be our default if there is no consensus to change it to 30.

25 laps might be safer for me (lone aussie weirdo). It won't be a huge issue if I have to drop and run, though.

PS> Change your tires to Sports Softs. If you enter the track for practice or quali with Sports Hards and change to Sports Softs in the pits you will start the race on Sports Hards. Leave the track and change the driving Settings to Sports Softs and then re-enter the track. Remember to change to Sports Softs. :lol: How much you want to bet someone starts the race on hards?

^^^ I will pretend after the race this happened, for the amount of running I got on the event (1+1/2hr) and practice so far online with softs for this (none) guarantee amusement :scared:

Information for pre-race practice & race rooms for tomorrow.

Marc is going to host both EU and NA races tomorrow in his lounge (GTP_Hydro). However, he is not going to host any pre-race practice. Instead he will open his lounge a few minutes before qualifying for each event. We're hoping by not having to reset the room at the start of the quali session we can avoid some of the network problems we experienced in the NA event last week.

Instead, I will host the pre-race practice sessions in my lounge (GTP_WRP001). I will open my lounge at least 90 minutes before each quali session. By 10:30 AM Pacific for the EU race and by 5:30 PM Pacific for the NA race. I won't be able to practice myself for the entire time so just join the lounge, swap tires to Sports Soft and enter the track. It'll all be open free-run practice so you can come and go as you please.

A few minutes before quali starts we'll all migrate to Hydro's lounge and commence the 30 minute qualification session. Anyone who skips practice can just go directly to Hydro's lounge at a few minutes to the hour.

At the same time this will provide an opportunity to test if there are any network connection discrepancies between our lounges.

Good luck to everyone. Based on the test and practice sessions this should be a really fun race!

PS> We're just going to stick to the originally planned 25 laps and make sure the event is finished in under an hour.

Sweet. 👍

Updated drivers list (organized by division):

NA Race Slot (10:00 PM EDT / 7:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL...........
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Ultimate Black Metallic
  2. ca.gif
    GTP_Welsh-Bain....
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Salsa
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK...........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Botanical Green Metallic
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_T13R..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  5. us.gif
    GTPcats_pajamas...
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  6. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  7. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  8. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron.....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Ebony
  9. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright...
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Porcelain (Porcelain)
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Spectrum Blue Metallic
  11. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Claret
  12. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 4
Available Colors (NA): Liquid Silver Metallic

EU Race Slot (3:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. uk.gif
    GTP_Vagabond......
    badge_division_1.png
  2. us.gif
    GTP_CSL...........
    badge_division_1.png
  3. se.gif
    GTP_Yanaran.......
    badge_division_1.png
  4. uk.gif
    GTP_Markyboy......
    badge_division_1.png
  5. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543....
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  6. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86......
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Ebony
  7. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy.........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  8. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  9. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  10. au.gif
    GTP_ealirendur....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Claret
  11. nl.gif
    GTP_Sjaak.........
    badge_division_3.png
  12. be.gif
    GTP_poolhaas......
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Liquid Silver Metallic
  13. ie.gif
    GTP_akmuq.........
    badge_division_3.png
  14. uk.gif
    GTP_NINE_HUNDRED..
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Salsa
  15. uk.gif
    GTP_Daz...........
    badge_division_5.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 1
Available Colors (EU): Time to reuse and recycle 👍 We will assign so you are unique in your division "neighborhood".

One more EU driver and we have a full grid with *every* division represented. 👍
Bad news is I can't be there for EU race tomorrow, GF has a job interview which I must drive her to. (At start time, nonetheless) :( :)
Maybe I'll be able to get in it next week.:ouch:

I'm still good to go on US spot. :cheers:

Had a practice session with Lefty and CSL tonight. At first they couldn't see each other, but after Lefty logged out and back in voila. It worked. Why oh Why? Now if they see each other in Hyrdo's lounge tomorrow night we won't be able to eliminate anything. :lol:

My understanding of how the problem of duplicate planes of reality (or people not being able to see other cars) can be explaned is this way, as I think it has to do w/ how the internet works in general.

When someone comunicates or pings an address it is done through packets being handled by different nodes on the net, when one is busy the packet is handed off to another node and can take a completely different path in the net. If something in that path isn't correct or servers don't like each other some data doesn't get through.

When all the drivers in a lobby can see each others name and then they enter the track a whole bunch of stuff happens and large amounts of data are then transmitted and recieved. if everyones connection isn't solid and one or two can't see each other the connection hasn't been hooked or latched, it's fractured.

At that time anyone who either can't be seen or has trouble seeing everone should leave the lobby and reconnect to give the servers a reshuffeling and like the lottery, hope that the connection is solid and can be hooked fully. I think that only when entry to the track is established and the data path to and from are tested by all driver being visable to everyone else, can everyone be sure that all data path ways will make the trip and are latched.

It's my observation of the problem and I'm probibly not dead on but It has to be a proticall issue.

After I logged back in CSL and myself raced for what must have been 10+ min's w/ no problems, the connecton was rock solid.

Last edited:
Cool Hydro. 25 laps works too just that I think everyone will be running 1 stop so takes a bit of tactics out of it.

Also, perhaps I'm the only one in the world who didn't know this but brake balance gets reset between quali and race if you use the in-game settings. Not a huge deal like running the wrong tires but it took me 5 laps of our little shootout yesterday to figure out why the car felt so different and didn't want to rotate the way I liked in T2 (and I think it made me a few tenths slower).

Hey put me in for the EU slot since a couple of people dropped out. Somehow I got time so I can make this slot too.

Bad news is I can't be there for EU race tomorrow...

Take my name off the EU, my PS3 is still dead 👎 Somebody else can take my slot/colour.

Sorry guys. Hopefully next week.

Hey put me in for the EU slot since a couple of people dropped out. Somehow I got time so I can make this slot too.

👍 OK. You're in for EU with Ultimate Black Metallic.

@Yanaran: You can use Salsa which is now open instead of doubling up on porcelain.

Updated drivers list (organized by division):

NA Race Slot (10:00 PM EDT / 7:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. us.gif
    GTP_CSL...........
    badge_division_1.png
  2. ca.gif
    GTP_Welsh-Bain....
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Salsa
  3. us.gif
    GTP_EDK...........
    badge_division_2.png
  4. ca.gif
    GTP_T13R..........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  5. us.gif
    GTPcats_pajamas...
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  6. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  7. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  8. us.gif
    GTP_Gravitron.....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Ebony
  9. us.gif
    GTP_LeftyWright...
    badge_division_3.png
  10. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17....
    badge_division_3.png
  11. us.gif
    GTP_MilleRSVR.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Claret
  12. us.gif
    GTP_RaceRyder.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 4
Available Colors (NA): Liquid Silver Metallic

EU Race Slot (3:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM PDT @ GTP_Hydro's Lounge)
  1. uk.gif
    GTP_Vagabond......
    badge_division_1.png
  2. se.gif
    GTP_Yanaran.......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Salsa
  3. uk.gif
    GTP_Markyboy......
    badge_division_1.png
  4. be.gif
    GTP_Speedy6543....
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Indigo Metallic
  5. fi.gif
    GTP_MadMax86......
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Ebony
  6. uk.gif
    GTP_Biffy.........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Lunar Grey Metallic
  7. ca.gif
    GTP_Hydro.(Host)..
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Vapour Grey Metallic
  8. us.gif
    GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Frost Blue Metallic
  9. au.gif
    GTP_ealirendur....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Claret
  10. nl.gif
    GTP_Sjaak.........
    badge_division_3.png
  11. be.gif
    GTP_poolhaas......
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Liquid Silver Metallic
  12. ie.gif
    GTP_akmuq.........
    badge_division_3.png
  13. ca.gif
    GTP_gooners_17....
    badge_division_3.png
  14. uk.gif
    GTP_Daz...........
    badge_division_5.png
    ....Pearl Grey
Available Spots on Grid: 2
Available Colors (EU): Time to reuse and recycle We will assign so you are unique in your division "neighborhood".

There are still a few spots left in both races for last minute entries.

Practice lounge is open now for the EU event (GTP_WRP001). It will be open until qualification starts. Marc will open his lounge at the start of quali in about 80 minutes (GTP_Hydro). You can of course skip practice and just join Marc's lounge when it opens.

Good luck!

Reminders:
  1. Note your color and try to stick to it... if you are the wrong shade of black/gray no big deal, but we're hoping to be able to designate easily in replay so at least be close!
  2. Switch to Sports Soft tires in driving options immediately after you select your car color from the garage
  3. Reset your brake balance after the race starts. It will revert back to 5/5.
  4. Proper pit lane exit is the small road to the left inside the wall and not out into corner 1. You'll take control from AI before that point.
  5. No pit lane speed limit, but stay to the left of the yellow line on entry or you may be taking a self induced drive through penalty and just pass right by your pits with no tire change.
  6. You don't need to add fuel when making a pit. If it recommends any fuel change it to 0. And make sure tires are set to Sports Soft.
  7. When you are in your pit stop waiting, hit the x button over and over until your car is released... not sure if it actually does anything, but CSL claims it can avoid an extra long wait for some mysterious hidden prompt... so I don't take any chances and I do it.
  8. During quali try to keep the bus stop clean. If you know you are *clearly* dirty through there slow down to make sure the "dirty" lap doesn't count. We are on the honor system for quali. During the race you'll get a penalty if you are more than a touch dirty, but during quali the system doesn't apply penalties. Starting order is not nearly as big of a deal here as it was in Monaco.
  9. I've seen GT5 mess up the starting grid several times in the last couple weeks. If you end up starting in the wrong position that's just a tough break (or lucky break as the case may be). I went from #2 to dead last on the grid last week at Monaco due to the glitch. Take the chance to enjoy going through the field. Best bet is not to leave the track at all during quali. If you are done you can just pit and hit start, but stay in the pits. Or just park on track somewhere you'll be out of the way and watch everyone else.

Last edited:
Can I compete in Practice, but not in race due to time constraints?

I have send a friend request for the room, GTP_WRP001

I have send a friend request for the room, GTP_WRP001

OK... Got PSN FR from both Sjaak and Yanaran and they are added. Room is open now and MarkyBoy and I are running practice. Come one come all.

I'll only be able to join the actual quali.
see you guys in 45 min

Had some problems staying connected to Hydro's lounge.
I hope I don't miss the race because of this.

MadMax

Sorry for dropping out guys. :guilty: Got broad-sided in the first part of the bus-stop, swore loudly... which got the bear's attention, so he decided to join in the excitement and stopped me from getting going again.

Shame, it was fun for a few laps. I think the qualifying order got a bit messed though. Strange.

Many thanks to Marc and Tim for organising and hosting. 👍

Well im dead, first long race ive done in months, lost my concentration after 10 laps or so, kept making mistakes

Sorry for dropping out guys. :guilty: Got broad-sided in the first part of the bus-stop, swore loudly... which got the bear's attention, so he decided to join in the excitement and stopped me from getting going again.

Shame, it was fun for a few laps. I think the qualifying order got a bit messed though. Strange.

Many thanks to Marc and Tim for organising and hosting. 👍

Qualification order was completely messed up and that's the 2nd time in a row that happens. I went from 3rd qualifer to 2nd on the grid and MarkyBoy went from pole to mid pack. It felt like a random shuffle. If PD doesn't get this straight we'll just use WRS to set order and we'll do a rolling lap to get everyone in proper order before the start.

Congratz to MarkyBoy for the runaway win. At least I didn't let him lead every lap. :sly:

Sorry for all the bumps guys, it wasn't intentional I was just really caught off guard by the draft - and when I let off early I got rear-ended instead. :) Hope I didn't disrupt anyone's race too much. I tried to atone by spinning off 3 times and staying in the pits about 10 seconds too long. Didn't know that if you pressed start to write a message the car would stay stopped instead of auto-pilot away. :dunce:

Man, that didn't go well at all :lol: 3 penalties in 1 lap starting at the pit exit kinda did it for me.
I'm just glad I didn't get lapped, clean race as far as mine went (about 17 laps without anyone within seconds :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back