3rd Annual GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 478 comments
We all play by the same rulebook. You goofed, and currently have an invalid lineup. Everyone else has a valid lineup and qualified their rookie drivers. (well, tried.)
"TRL" is not a prefix for "Team Rule Leniency" - you guys get no special treatment for failing to abide by the rules.
One minute there's an unqualified rookie then there's no rookies and only a warning for changing the lineup. AJ acknowledged there was a rookie on the lineup. It could have been a mistake and AJ hasn't seen the lineup change request until after he first published the results. I don't know what goes on so take this with a small pinch of salt. :)

The penalty is for changing the lineup AFTER QP, hence it is 3 warnings.
1 warning is Before QP
2 warnings is During QP
3 warnings is After QP.

Therefore the request to change occurred after QP. So either TRL has decided that they don't want a pitlane start and a 1 minute hold for failing to qualify Immortal, then swapped the rookie off the team list, or they knew Immortal wouldn't race before QP, so they didn't qualify him, and then swapped it afterwards because they forgot to do it before.

We all play by the same rulebook. You goofed, and currently have an invalid lineup. Everyone else has a valid lineup and qualified their rookie drivers. (well, tried.)
"TRL" is not a prefix for "Team Rule Leniency" - you guys get no special treatment for failing to abide by the rules.

I think you should go and read the limitations on driver ratings again before you start acting like you know the rules better than AJ, there's a reason why our line-up has been given the green light twice now.

Oh nice catcalling, you're so creative *claps* Did you come up with that all by yourself?

We're allowed to change our registration form after QP and only take warnings, and by doing so we removed our ineligible driver (Immortal)

I've already had this discussion with AJ and I don't need to have it with you.

Last edited:
Nope.jpg.

Attachments

• Nope.jpg
    Nope.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 63
If the driver restrictions magically change between now and the race then we really can start calling it Team Rule Leniency.
So if you'll refer to article 'nope.jpg', you'll see that slots 1-3 in GT3 Pro can only be inhabited by Platinum of Gold drivers. Therefore the silver driver as a third driver is in an invalid position, and is invalid. Further more this means you only have 2 valid drivers, which is fewer than the 3 you must have at a minimum to participate in the race.

The penalty is for changing the lineup AFTER QP, hence it is 3 warnings.
1 warning is Before QP
2 warnings is During QP
3 warnings is After QP.

Therefore the request to change occurred after QP. So either TRL has decided that they don't want a pitlane start and a 1 minute hold for failing to qualify Immortal, then swapped the rookie off the team list, or they knew Immortal wouldn't race before QP, so they didn't qualify him, and then swapped it afterwards because they forgot to do it before.
Its 3 warnings, 1 ahead of Q, 1 during Q, and 1 after Q, wich is completely retarded already, 3 warnings for 1 incident, nevermind 6.
The reason IP did not do a Q lap was because there was a missunderstanding between race director and team manager. I have looked at the conversation, and it was stated from the race director that it was ok, but in retrospect, apparentley it wasn't.

Now, Ayhancan is easily platinum, he has just not been regraded yet, and you know that very well.
If you insist on whining, should we put in another driver (that is graded) just to move Ayhancat to slot 4? we will still only race with Ayhancan, so it will make no difference whatsoever, but if it stops your whining we could do that.
And further than that, the lineup has been approved by the race director already, why are you whining about it anyway?

That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you believe or "we all know" one particular driver is platinum when they are classed as a Silver driver. Regulations don't change based on personal opinion, only from AJ's rulings. For instance, I wouldn't be fielding 3 drivers below the required rank just because I think they should be ranked higher.

It is a warning system that has been in place since last year and has been enforced just the same to everyone else.
The reason why I am annoyed about taking 1 penalty in place of another is when we go back to N24 last year, whereby TNR received an 8 minute penalty, for failing to complete a driver change in the final hour. (as in, they got given a penalty for not getting a penalty.)
Whether or not a driver is a certain pace is entirely irrelevant, the ranking system is based on ranks, and if you are not the correct rank that is very unfortunate for you and you will just have to play by the same rules as everyone else until you achieve the necessary rank.

We are in agreement! You should modify your lineup (again) to include a third legal driver so that you may participate in the race, by following the same rules as everyone else.
AJ is like the rest of us, human, and can make mistakes. Your lineup may have been approved by AJ, but that is clearly in error and contravenes the rules that he set out for the series. If you guys need a special leg up to field 3 quality legal drivers in order to participate in the race that isn't our fault.

That's irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you believe or "we all know" one particular driver is platinum when they are classed as a Silver driver. Regulations don't change based on personal opinion, only from AJ's rulings. For instance, I wouldn't be fielding 3 drivers below the required rank just because I think they should be ranked higher.
Whether or not a driver is a certain pace is entirely irrelevant, the ranking system is based on ranks, and if you are not the correct rank that is very unfortunate for you and you will just have to play by the same rules as everyone else until you achieve the necessary rank.
You guys do realize Ayhancan was gold ranked, but got degraded off season right?
He was degraded because of inactivity, and despite that there are several glod and platinum drivers in the registry that have'nt driven for years.

Last edited:
Again, it doesn't matter, your team's drivers are currently not at the correct rank, and thus not the correct number of legitimate drivers to go racing for the race at this moment in time.
How, when and why he got downgraded are irrelevant, what lloydz Elite's rank is and his race participation is also not relevant to your current problem. The fact that you do not have the correct driver ranks doesn't go away because you start throwing out random sledges aimed at other teams.

EDIT - but because I am a man of due diligence, I checked LLoydz's stats, he participated in 2 races last year netting 2 podiums, having driven for a total of 2:53.
This can be found in the far right table in the Registered Drivers document - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/338058179/SCS/2016/REGISTERED DRIVERS.pdf

So please, check your facts before you start slinging wild accusations about random drivers that have nothing to do with the problem(s) your own team is facing.

Again, it doesn't matter, your team's drivers are currently not at the correct rank, and thus not the correct number of legitimate drivers to go racing for the race at this moment in time.
How, when and why he got downgraded are irrelevant, what lloydz Elite's rank is and his race participation is also not relevant to your current problem. The fact that you do not have the correct driver ranks doesn't go away because you start throwing out random sledges aimed at other teams.
Dude, you started it.
And it does matter, if 2 drivers dont race for an entire season, and only 1 get degraded because of it, that is unfair. as you said, the rules are the same for everyone.
I'm not having this. If you want to keep whining, do it to AJ. I'm out.

As stated above, only 1 driver didn't race all season.
You can not have it all you want, because you think your driver is a different rank and you think its fine to ignore the rules, but the rest of the racers in the series won't. "TRL_" doesn't make you immune, you play by the same rules as everyone else, or you don't play at all. Simple.

We'll just wait for AJ to give us an explanation, I know what i've been told and i'm not trying to bend the rules in any way.

If you want to argue your case Stigs then please by all means PM him but don't fill this thread with false accusations of what we in TRL think of ourselves, "They think they can ignore the rules cause they have TRL_ infront of their name" bla bla, but hey some people like to spread hate & rumours, but i'm used to it so I don't really care:)

If you want to take this any further @StigsTC then inbox me since im the manager, oh and invite AJ ;)

*Or keep spamming the thread.

Last edited:
To be fair Andro seemed to make that point himself saying the rules didn't matter because he thought stuff contrary to written documentation, and stated that pointing out the rules and how you were violating them was merely "whining".

I made the point that your lineup is invalid. What I have received in response was you telling me to read the rules again (which I had correctly the first time for driver rankings), you then telling me that you didn't feel it was necessary to have the conversation with me (then having it anyway). Then Andro decided to dismiss me as if I were a whining child as I made that point, then repeatedly made statements about how the rules didn't matter due to his opinions, before throwing out accusations at other drivers in other teams.

You can say I'm spreading hate as much as you want, but just look back. You guys went negative hard, dismissed my claims as if they were insignificant because I'm not 'somebody'. You guys are doing a great job of painting your own picture without my help. Fastest team? Maybe. Most respected team? Not even close. (Come on DART wins that every time)

EDIT - seems you updated your post before I responded, missed the part about how you wanted me to move this to PMs instead of a public stage.

Guys, can we all calm down and talk a bit more civil, or if you wish to keep bickering, take it to a private chat? I would rather not have AJ come down on everyone.

There's one thing that I would like to say about this... something I think is paramount to the situation...

Did anyone save me a spot in the front row to watch this?

Getting back to this seriously for a moment, I recall that there was something mentioned about Immortal not being in the race... and this was definitely before QP happened, likely on the first page or two of this thread. If there's been a mistake from AJ somewhere then having him removed from the lineup without incident is a fair enough thing to do.

I have to say that if there's a lineup system in place where certain grades must be occupied in relation to # of drivers for a team, then generally that should be adhered to and is the responsibility of whomever is in charge to enforce. Why there is a discrepancy that has allowed to slip through might be a mistake, but only AJ and the TRL team truly know. However, it'd be unprofessional to just sit there and state that you're just going with whatever the Race Director has told you even though there is grounds to believe that a violation has been discovered, unintentional or otherwise.

What Stigs has done the right thing. He has spotted an issue, and has brought it to attention. Having a graded driver in a spot that is above their current rating should not happen, ORDINARILY... I agree that this should have gone to PMs before it all got a bit tasty in public, but don't bash Stigs for spotting an issue that under normal circumstances should be dealt with in the proper fashion.

Last edited:
I am very disappointed at the lack of professionalism and maturity displayed on this thread over the last 24 hours. I would also remind you of the site's Acceptable Use Policy and Articles 1.2.1 & 1.2.3 of the Sporting Regulations.

There are however 2 questions that need addressing;

1 - Why has a penalty been removed from the #30 car?

The penalty for 'Failure to Qualify a ROOKIE Driver' can be avoided by removing or replacing said driver and taking the 3 Warnings for a 'Change to Event Registration Form after QP.'

I feel this is common sense and was applied multiple times last year. The purpose of the penalty is that as we have not seen that the rookie driver is capable of lapping within 107% and displays good driving standards that driver may be a risk in the race. If that driver is no longer going to take part in the race, there is no risk and the penalty is illogical.

2 - Is the #30 car's drive line up in accordance with the regulations?

No, it isn't. NERDS normally pings me if this issue arises, but in this case, it didn't, as NERDS thinks it is a legal lineup, highlighting a flaw/loophole with the current regulation.

As there is no minimum Driving Time for GT3 PRO, then you could field a team of P-P-G-S, and not have the Gold Driver get in the car at all.

I am not going to go through the farce of getting them to add a Gold or Platinum driver who will not and does not need to take part in the race. They may race with their current (P-P-S) lineup.

Back