3rd Annual GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 478 comments
Kudos to everyone making such a big call, it was the right decision and sadly forced upon us really.
Thank you @AJ and the team for their efforts, I can only imagine the frustrations behind the organisation scenes, let alone behind all our Team doors. At ease gentlemen.

Thanks to @AJ, the team managers, and drivers who worked hard to make what was felt to be the best decision on the outstanding issue of PlayStstion Network's online stability. Whilst I am disappointed I won't be driving tonight I am happy that great care was taken to make the decision to postpone.

In the void that this has created, I'll be going to see the new Deadpool movie so I suppose I'll be salvaging something out of this weekend. Commiserations to anyone who may not be able to participate in this event due to the circumstances at hand. I really do feel upset about it all in that regard, but I guess that's just the way life goes.

Until next time, take care everyone.
Bambi - out.

The video went private, and I'd have backed it being destroyed, however there was an interview with Mint_GTR which makes me have hope for it to survive. It will probably undergo much editing to cut out the dead air and vamping with the delayed start.

Well, I hope that the teams don't change too much, and I hope that the starting drivers for the teams in TCN-1 remain the same. That start was incredibly tight in TCN-1 once we got underway, and I had a lot of fun battling for positions and seeing the other guys jostling as I approached the pack I was chasing.

I found that having the player's nametag overhead was nice, but a little distracting as I was not able to see certain brake references I relied on. I usually remove them before I start racing (there's a trick to it in-lobby), but if there's a way to deselect this outside of a lobby I'd gladly appreciate if someone told me! :)

There was a blip on my part about 15 mins before the first hour, car became unsettled on Griffin's Bend, tried to power out but it clapped the wall. I thought I might get away without damage, but no such luck and I fell back and had to pit. Still, that pit stop has actually given me some inspiration on something. Plus, the racing gave me some valuable data I was having trouble trying to retrieve what with the servers playing up an' all.

Teehee, so much intel to harness in such a short amount of time... ;)

@KTZ, I had fun tussling for position with you for a number of laps. I have to ask though, did you feel a little frustrated with some of the moves I pulled? I know that move up the inside of turn two was pretty bold, and laps later at The Chase I essentially chopped your nose off once I slipped past before the kink.

@TeamEdge702, how did your Audi and my Toyota not wreck a turn before the Esses? I had no idea you were behind me until I heard that Audi rumble, and I went totally instinctive and kept to the outside as I didn't have enough time to have a look where the sound was coming from.

With regard's to @AJ's call and the postponement.... It was a good call, it was definitely a more severe problem than we face at Daytona a month ago, and I think AJ wanted to save a repeat of it, especially if NISMO eyes were watching.

Hopefully, this means that teams can muster up a potentially stronger line-up, or at least work harder to bridge any gaps with their current drivers.

Last edited:
To me it was a wise decision to postpone the race although we have to rearrange the team now.
The race must not be decided by luck only. That's what would have happened if we continued trying yesterday. No real racing possible over a long time, just hoping to get less DCs and lag issues then the other teams.

The short racing I had was really fun in TCN-1!! 👍

Hope it was as obvious for everyone as it was for me that we HAVE to reconsider the BoP for the TCN-1 cars though...

@KTZ, I had fun tussling for position with you for a number of laps. I have to ask though, did you feel a little frustrated with some of the moves I pulled? I know that move up the inside of turn two was pretty bold, and laps later at The Chase I essentially chopped your nose off once I slipped past before the kink..

Nah didn't feel frustrated haha, was quite fun tbh, the move u've done in turn two was nice and i knew u'd get me under braking which is why i didn't want to block you (but next time, getting me on braking isn't going to be that easy since i have more time to refine my tune :D). Since i'm quite fast in the downhill section, i decided to let you pass me in turn two to attack you in this section later on, which is when you crashed ^^ (you didn't touch my car btw).

Looking forward to this race since it's postponed, bathurst is loads of fun.

KTZ
Nah didn't feel frustrated haha, was quite fun tbh, the move u've done in turn two was nice and i knew u'd get me under braking which is why i didn't want to block you (but next time, getting me on braking isn't going to be that easy since i have more time to refine my tune :D). Since i'm quite fast in the downhill section, i decided to let you pass me in turn two to attack you in this section later on, which is when you crashed ^^ (you didn't touch my car btw).

Looking forward to this race since it's postponed, bathurst is loads of fun.
The crash happened at T2 a lap or two after I swept in front of you on The Chase for overtake #2, ordinarily by that point I had some breathing room on you and was catching the top 3 at a rate of knots (to my surprise)... but after the trip into the wall I was practically at your mercy and thankful my damage didn't result in piling you up into the downhill slalom with me.... so thanks for waiting til the chase to slip past, great race craft and smart thinking.

Nice move on the second to last corner after I passed you the first time. I messed my braking zone up and braked way too early, you must've instinctively realised and took a chance from far back. I had to leave room for you, it wasn't worth it to slam the door after that kind of error. I do look forward to more of that in the re-run of this race though! 👍 A bit sad our tussle was out of camera shot everytime though... was sooo much better than the battle in front of us! :(

The crash happened at T2 a lap or two after I swept in front of you on The Chase for overtake #2, ordinarily by that point I had some breathing room on you and was catching the top 3 at a rate of knots (to my surprise)... but after the trip into the wall I was practically at your mercy and thankful my damage didn't result in piling you up into the downhill slalom with me.... so thanks for waiting til the chase to slip past, great race craft and smart thinking.

Nice move on the second to last corner after I passed you the first time. I messed my braking zone up and braked way too early, you must've instinctively realised and took a chance from far back. I had to leave room for you, it wasn't worth it to slam the door after that kind of error. I do look forward to more of that in the re-run of this race though! 👍 A bit sad our tussle was out of camera shot everytime though... was sooo much better than the battle in front of us! :(
Exactly what i thought, sad that they didn't capture our battle ! :(

Such a shame we had to can it but it was the only logical decision. Matt and I were pretty gutted as neither of us got to turn a single lap in the race, and we would have been in a decent position after the safety car following a rusty start. Warrior said his game glitched out at the start and teleported to the Dipper, it was unlike anything him or we've ever seen before. Nevertheless I had an epic weekend up in Brisbane and it's such a shame I have to fly home so soon. Matt's hospitality has been great, and I really hope we can do it again for the reschedule.

Is march the 20th right as it is a sunday? Will run untill 7am monday morning? Wont be an issue for me but will for many. Should this be sat the 19th?
Yes. It will be run from 18:00 UTC, the race starts at 19:00 UTC and the race is finished at 07:00 UTC. 👍

- Calendars & Schedules

- B12 race day has been moved to 20th March.

- FJ5 & B6 have been moved back 2 weeks to 1st - 3rd April.

So this date aj posted is incorrect as it says race day.
The race will end on the 20th of March UTC. Not sure why AJ posted that. Possible mixup with everything else going on.

Edit:

19 March SATURDAY 19:00 BATHURST 12 HOUR RACE START SCHEDULED TIME
20 March SUNDAY 7:00 BATHURST 12 HOUR RACE FINISH SCHEDULED TIME

Back