4 New cars to enter JGTC(Supergt)

• Thread starter HKS_T51KAI
  • 73 comments
HACKr
Yeah, I'd love to see the Supra and Skyline back. They were the best.
Absolutely. here's what I find weird, Honda Keeps their NSX but Nissan and Toyota remove their Skylines and Supras. I'm very curious as to this strange change.

GTPlanet, here's another Photo Gallery to check out, courtesy of the Super GT official website. Below is the Photo Gallery for Round 2 of the Championship from Okayama:

http://supergt.net/supergt/2006/06r02/0602phot_en.shtm

This is Super GT's latest batch of photos for some of the latest machines. Again, look for some of the vehicles mentioned in this thread. I still find the Mooncraft Shiden as the most unique and most interesting car in the championship. Its looks alone is the reason. The Mooncraft Shiden is basically a GTP race car which is in the mold of the most recent GTP successor, the awesome Toyota GT-One (a car I STILL think could have, would have, should have won Le Mans. A car this awesome has to win a race like Le Mans to have some immortality, but all due respect to BMW). It's probably the most awesome-looking car in the entire series, even if it doesn't have the power and performance to compete against the big dogs in GT500.

I, too agree that the series isn't really the same without the Supra and Skyline in the series. That is a hellacious rivalry in Super GT. Nissan's been beating Toyota's asses until that one year they finally won the title over Nissan. The Soarer is a car I'm slowly being accustomed to as a Supra replacement. The Soarer/SC430 is such a beautiful car, albeit an expensive one (about $65K in the States!). Its lines somewhat reminds me of the Supra.

I tried to get this in earlier, but by browser crashed. Anyhow, take a peek at the latest pictures.

RACECAR
Absolutely. here's what I find weird, Honda Keeps their NSX but Nissan and Toyota remove their Skylines and Supras. I'm very curious as to this strange change.
They just recently stopped selling NSX's. They haven't sold GTR's or Supra's for 4 years.

Not to bring up another non-related motorsprot, but the point RACECAR posed and what Toronado stated in reply reminds me of the Pontiac Firebird used in IROC (or as someone called it on "WindTunnel with Dave Despain," the International Race of Chumpions). The Firebird has been long gone (sadly. I loved those damned F-Bodies), but they are still used in IROC competition.

I don't know what all the pictures from Round 2 are, since I don't have a good home connection. I still find the Mooncraft Shiden one of the most unique race cars. It's a GTP obviously downtuned to comply with GT300 specs. The Soarer/SC430 is a car I actually think looks nice. Call me crazy, but I can see some Supra lines with the Soarer/SC430. It's a nice automobile and an even more nice Super GT race car. The 350Z race cars look real fat on the sides. They are pretty quick, if you're judging off the Motul Pitwork Fairlady Z in GT4.

This series has always been a varied field of fierce competition. The three different international regions (Americas, Mediterrenean, and Asia-Pacific) are all represented in today's Super GT. Only thing to make it even more diverse is if Holden, Ford Australia, or FPV wants to offer some Australian muscle into Japan's top racing series. That would be weird if it DID happen...

They just recently stopped selling NSX's. They haven't sold GTR's or Supra's for 4 years.

Also the Aspara Drink RE-Amemiya RX-7, but I'm not complaining about that car.
Is that an older Porsche boxster I see on the 44th picture? It looks pretty cool, anyone have anymore pictures of it?
Also, what is a Ferrari 360, Lambo Murcielago and Gallardo aswell as a Mosler MT900 doing in the GT3 class?

Just out of curiousity, isnt the black NOMAD car a mcLaren F1? Cause the front looks an awful lot like one

I'm going to go with....Mosler MT900.
mosler-mt900.jpg

I always call Panoz and Mosler as America's most underrated sports car companies. Sure they are small-volume, but they make killer sports cars. Mosler makes some quality machines for the road and for the track. The looks of the latest Moslers move in the direction of "super-Corvette." It is such a sexy car. Who wouldn't want something that looks that hot and can roar with the heart of an LS1 or LS2 Pushrod?

This series has always had interesting cars. And I hate people's thoughts about powering down the American cars and such so that they can't hang with the GT500 heavyweights. The only non-Japanese car I best remember in the GT300 from the past was the Team Eclipse Viper back around 2000 or so. Best non-Japanese car that ever raced the JGTC/Super GT was the McLaren F1 GTR. Won the title in 1996 with the tandem of Naoki Hattori and Ralf Scumacher. The McLaren F1 GTR was even the car for the Yellow Corn team for a long time (probably still is). Other non-Japanese cars that have graced this series in the past include (but not limited to) the Ferrari 550 Maranello, Ford GT, Chevrolet Corvette, Lamborghini Murciélago GT-R, Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM(?), Porsche 911 GT3, Ferrari 360 Modena, and the classic Lamborghini Diablo.

I still love that Mooncraft Shiden. Maybe a bit surprised it's in GT300 (same for the Vemacs), but it still looks and seems like a highly capable race car. Maybe Mooncraft should bring their Shiden to America. I'm probably not sure if they could get into the ALMS, but it would be a great treat to see this beautiful GTP in the States. Or at least in some sort of international series or European series. Love that car. Don't you?

I know I'm a little late with this but for those that wish Speed would show Super GT races can hang it up. I wrote them and asked them why they don't show Super GT races and I quote "We put it on prime time and it didn't get the ratings we were looking for". <<--Which means that we can hang it up and have to sit through all the NASCAR shows & races, other GT races, motorcycle races, and racing related shows.

I still want them to show Super GT races.

This series has always been a varied field of fierce competition. The three different international regions (Americas, Mediterrenean, and Asia-Pacific) are all represented in today's Super GT. Only thing to make it even more diverse is if Holden, Ford Australia, or FPV wants to offer some Australian muscle into Japan's top racing series. That would be weird if it DID happen...
In the current climate, it'd be impossible. V8 supercars are the only viable way of providing competition for the Japanese, yet even that isn't enough. In 2003 James Courtny lapped a WoodOne TOM's Supra around Phillip Island consistantly 10 seconds faster per lap then a V8 Supercar. Could barely believe it myself :nervous: .
V8 have waaaaaay more restrictions in place then FIA GT1 and esspecially SuperGT cars. Roadcar based shell (rather then a monocoque silouhette like SuperGT), a single and ungrippy control tyre, very bad downforce characteristics compared to SuperGT, a huge weight limit over any series the world over......and abnormally high restrictions everywhere and anywhere really :( .

V8s make too much money and are way to popular in Australia to warrent a change in specs. I'd like to see change, but only because I know how fast the Japanese's and euro's go in their cats. Oh well, as long as we have Bathurst then I couldn't care what we raced over here :lol:

In 2003 James Courtny lapped a WoodOne TOM's Supra around Phillip Island consistantly 10 seconds faster per lap then a V8 Supercar.

That's only to be expected because as you said Super GT is one of the least restricted racing series around.

What I would truly like to see is the Super GT cars in the LMS/ALMS series (according to their regulations of course).

I know I'm a little late with this but for those that wish Speed would show Super GT races can hang it up. I wrote them and asked them why they don't show Super GT races and I quote "We put it on prime time and it didn't get the ratings we were looking for". <<--Which means that we can hang it up and have to sit through all the NASCAR shows & races, other GT races, motorcycle races, and racing related shows.

I still want them to show Super GT races.

Then you need MotorsTV. After a couple "acquired" races of Suzuka and 1 other, I've been trying to get a broadcast from them to use them as my motorsports channel. Unforunately, for now, I've only been able to see it "live" in Europe.

Back