400PP Japanese Classics A-Spec Seasonals

United States
Anchorage, AK
nomeite
This is an expert level race event using Japanese cars built in 1979 or earlier. Tuning is allowed up to 400PP, and tires are limited to Comfort/Soft or less. A "Performance Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP. For example, winning with a 370PP car will roughly double the reward.

as usual, SRF is forced on

Period of Availability
2013/05/22 23:00 -

400PP Japanese Classics: Grand Valley East Section / 5 Laps
400PP Japanese Classics Eiger Nordwand Short Course / 5 Laps
400PP Japanese Classics: London City Course / 5 Laps
400PP Japanese Classics: Deep Forest Raceway / 5 Laps
400PP Japanese Classics: Aso 102A / 5 Laps

Prize ticket for winning all events: Toyota 7 Race Car '70

All easily won @ 382PP in a Fairlady 240ZG, the custom track was very easy and can go much lower on PP. Some fun races in there. 👍

All easily won @ 382PP in a Fairlady 240ZG, the custom track was very easy and can go much lower on PP. Some fun races in there. 👍

The custom track was a favourite of mine from the Truck seasonal, you can get a good flow to it and use lower rated PP cars to do well through not needing to brake at many points whereas the AI brake more often. Won here in my '70 Celica at about 372PP.

Grand Valley a little tougher, it took a Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70 running at 375PP to take the lead at the final turn.

Last edited:
Are we getting a Dome rabbit?

So many cars to choose from! I think I'll try my Honda Z first, though in previous incarnations of this I had to upgrade the tyres to beat the Dome. Obviously can't do that now.

There was a Japanese seasonal a month ago? (25th April) Not to whinge, but I (along with many others, I'm sure) have a garage full of M3's, M5's & other awesome European cars just itching to be raced...

Took a Dome, lowered power and added weight, easy victories on all races. I'm concentrating on the vettel challenge so I just wanted to get this one over with.

I took a Bluebird Rally Car from the UCD with 4005 miles on it, changed the tires and gave it an oil change. It was fun to race as the car tends to slide a lot. Though, I do imagine most of the cars are going to slide around a lot with Comfort Soft tires or less on them. I won them all only changing top end speed to match the tracks. I now have 3 Toyota 7's in my garage!

Is there any tuning for Toyota 2000GT? I really like this car, he really is a monster! hehe. I appreciate all the help! thnks

I used my Toyota 2000GT '67 that was setup for this GTPlanet WRS event and detuned it a bit to 399 to meet the 400pp max requirement. Easy gold on every race on the first try taking the lead on the 4th lap of every track and winning by a huge margin. Could go way lower on PP and still win pretty easily. SRF is on, unfortunately, but I guess that's just the way PD is doing all of these events. :(

If you're looking for a tune for the 2000GT '67 then check the link above. Great little car and it's available in the Online Dealership again this week so it's easily gotten. It's also one of the most beautiful cars ever created so I recommend it to everyone.

Sark

Just did this seasonal again on my main (Non-GTP) account. This time I used the Nissan 240ZG '71 in completely stock form, BB of 8/5, with different wheels (because OMG are the stock wheels ugly.) My car had close to 30k on the clock so I rebuilt the motor and restored rigidity which brought the PP back up to 383. I got gold on my first attempt at every track taking the lead on lap 5. If it weren't for a couple bobbles on Mt Aso I'd have had the lead at the end of lap 4. This car is a great choice for a stock run at this challenge. The only thing it really needs is an LSD which if very apparent on the London track for some reason. I would guess a setting of 6/14/12 would work well but I don't know for sure as I said I made the runs with a bone stock model.

Sark

There was a Japanese seasonal a month ago? (25th April) Not to whinge, but I (along with many others, I'm sure) have a garage full of M3's, M5's & other awesome European cars just itching to be raced...

Ah if ONLY this was a game made by a GERMAN company instead of a Japanese company

I'm finding the Mazda cosmo/110s 68 tuned to be fastest so far. Just watch out for the rear end breaking loose. Hmmmmm

I tried a couple of these with the Honda Life Step Van. It's way underpowered but darn it can handle with the right setup, awesome grip and fishtailing.

Painted in the right tone of red, it looks amazing like Postman Pat's van.

260px-Postman_Pat_With_Van_and_Jess.jpg

I tried a couple of these with the Honda Life Step Van. It's way underpowered but darn it can handle with the right setup, awesome grip and fishtailing.

Painted in the right tone of red, it looks amazing like Postman Pat's van.

👍

I've been addicted to Mt Aso with the Honda Z. Great 4 wheel drifts through some corners. Such good fun.

Best so far is 4th, but 3rd is possible. P2 was too far ahead on the line up I had. Best laps were 1:19.8xxx with 400pp and 82bhp I think.

In this seasonal i'm using the beautiful little Honda 1300 Coupe 9 'S' (1970)
I think it's a great looking car, here is a pic from Wiki
i'm using max weight loss and all options installed, then i back off on the power to 115 bhp and 378 Perf. points. First place gets me 670,000. I haven't been logging in every day.
800px-Honda1300coupe.JPG

Such a pretty little car!!!
I'm liking this one, it's as difficult as you like, (or not if you don't) proper Playstation stylee!

what are the lap times folks are getting on London track-I am struggling with this track--thanks

I have been low 1.07 first lap & then 1.06s . Try 3rd set , Mirage a bit slower .
Cars used 71 Nissan 400pp & Dome 400pp .
Ozi

I have 2 questions. I am using the Toyota gt 67 and it a a beautiful ride. I just can't seem to catch the first car on London. Even with it tuned max 400 pp. any suggestions?

Also, this Is probably a stupid question, but can I run these races as much as I want and still keep getting money from them?

Back