400PP Japanese Classics A-Spec Seasonals

Think that ther is a starting grid without honda 1st on starting grid, mirage final time 5:39 and think other woth 5:41, honda is alwasy 5:35

I set myself a challenge to do these with a stock Toyota 2000GT with no aids (except the compulsory srf), and failed. The problem is the stock gearbox is hopeless. Its top speed is way higher than you can ever reach on these tracks, 1st is useless, hitting the rev limiter even on the Eiger hairpins and 2nd is so long that the AI were pulling away from me on every exit. So I allowed myself the luxury of a custom transmission. So far I've won the last three, got silver on GVE, but only 5th on the Eiger.
Tips for anyone still struggling on London -
Use the kerbs. Particularly on the two successive 90 degree turns. Treat it like a big S bend and you can carry loads of speed through there.
Set the transmission top speed to minimum.
Keep it tidy. When srf cuts in it scrubs off a lot of speed. If you're getting at all sideways on the exits you're losing a lot of pace.

A big "thank you" to all who post here, due to your tips I was finally able to get first place at the London track. peace

You should always remember 1 thing for london, lower your top speed and you will win easily.

I remember driving the Eifel track with a Miura before the truck race, so it seems that course is on it's third run. No complaints though I really like that track. I was able to win the Eifel track with a 359PP Celica 1600 1600GT (TA22) '70, and the 2000GT '67 at 360PP

I remember driving the Eifel track with a Miura before the truck race, so it seems that course is on it's third run. No complaints though I really like that track. I was able to win the Eifel track with a 359PP Celica 1600 1600GT (TA22) '70, and the 2000GT '67 at 360PP

Yes I seem to remember it with the Alfa race car.

I used the Nissan 280Z '78 @ 400pp.

Comfort Soft tires feel like the car is half full of water and sloshes around the turns.

Personally I feel the grip is far too limited compared to real life cars. A lot of people think the opposite though, so I wonder if they are driving these US boats, I mean cars and think all cars should have handling that bad.

Personally I feel that the weight transfer is pretty fair when you're driving fast and the car wants to handle like a boat and go straight instead of taking the turn (when you drive too fast). But at the same time it's pretty unrealistic when the same happens when you are driving slow and start to accelerate during a corner. Mind you this does happen in real life as well, but why does it occur faster in a gt game when the small mini or peugeot or ford focus I'm usung in the game has better tires and a better tune in general compared to the real lfe version of the same car when I drive it. But the real life version completely standard has better handling and can be pushed further than in the game?

To me this doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think it's to do with the sense of speed portrayed by the game (it's lacking many senses that we feel), and I often think that GT5 actually has too much grip. Even on Comfort tyres, cornering speeds seem to be too high and it is easy to recover when you push too hard.

It's very rare that we push our real cars on the roads, so we do not experience our real cars being on the edge or letting go. If people were to try and drive an average real car around the streets of London the same way they would an average car in GT5 around the London circuit, I'm pretty sure most of them would be in for a nasty surprise.

^ It would also be a big surprise if one were to take a street car on a real life race track. Dealing with off camber turns and deviating from the racing line or lifting in the wrong spot, uh oh. Like Lewis said, our perception of speed in GT5 is very slow compared to real life.

I've done a bit of track/autocross time on street tires. Had enough Oh Crap! moments even at under 40mph speeds to not take any real life track turns for granted. Gave me a better appreciation for comfort GT tires especially comfort hards.

These old cars should be a handful on a race track. We don't even have tires with a comparable period tire grip.

i am just having the hardest time with this event, i have used a tuned 2000gtr (ken mary)
my dome, and now a 240zg, the zg i havent tuned yet but best on london so far is 3rd. mind you i havent played this game since 2011 according to my ps3 so any tips, did i lose my touch? haha

i am just having the hardest time with this event, i have used a tuned 2000gtr (ken mary)
my dome, and now a 240zg, the zg i havent tuned yet but best on london so far is 3rd. mind you i havent played this game since 2011 according to my ps3 so any tips, did i lose my touch? haha

You probably just need some practice. I've done the event multiple times now and once was with a completely stock 240zg. London can be a bit tricky as it's quite tight with zero runoff room. If you're hitting walls then you need to go slower. Remember your exit speed out of a corner is almost always more important than your entrance speed to that corner. Make sure to brake early enough that you can get a really good line through the corner so your exit speed is as fast as possible. Also be sure to use the curbing to straighten out the twists and turns as much as possible. Good luck!

Sark

Personally I feel the grip is far too limited compared to real life cars...

I think it's to do with the sense of speed portrayed by the game...

^ It would also be a big surprise if one were to take a street car on a real life race track...

I think the other thing people tend to forget is that, even using a wheel, you will be a lot heavier with your inputs than you would in a real car. We think nothing of mashing the pedals whilst sat at a console, but I'll guarantee that if you were driving the real world equivalent, you'd be a lot careful about how you pressed those pedals. The cars I build in this game tend to be built so I can mash away at the buttons. Enter braking zone, mash brake, lift, mash accelerator. I'd never drive like that in the real world, nobody would...

{Cy}

I haven't driven in some weeks, but I liked the looks of this seasonal. After an abortive run in a Civic '79 at GV, I scored very easy wins in all events with a Dome-Zero.

Haven't really played many of these seasonal events, but yesterday I decided to have a go at this. Open the garage through the event to get it filtered to see if I had any cars that were currently usable. Had a Dome Zero Concept with 398PP and gave it a go.

I am far from an expert so I didn't expect to do too well. Started out getting around 6th to 8th place finishes on each race. But just kept at it and improved slowly but steadily on each run. The little things like finding the perfect sweet speed through corners, and getting better and better sweet spots for breaking (i.e. a shadow on the track, or the distance markers before the hairpin-y turns) helps alot.

Slight improvements on each new run, and after 2-3 runs on each track I was able to get consistent lap times low enough to get up to first place right around the end of fourth lap on most tracks. All in all, I found that I didn't have to drive perfect, I just had to weed out the big screw ups. (And mind you, this was with no diddling with the transmission, or any other setup adjustments done to the car beforehand.)

Finished these with a Bellett I'd been messing about with. I had to put a bit of ballast to get it to 400pp: it's a little loose at the back, but great fun and there's really no understeer. Really good car and looks great.

I only won in London by 0.03, and when I watched the replay it was more like Driver than GT - I really enjoyed it, SRF and all.

Here's some lap times needed for gold.

GVEast 1:23.4
Eiger. 1:08.8
London 1:07.3
Deep Forest 1:36.7
MtAso 1:19.6

The 240Z is best but fun to try some of the other old timer JDM cars.

Does anyone have a tune for the Skyline HT 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70 or the Dome? I'm having trouble with on of the races so I could use a little extra help. Thank you to whichever kind soul helps me out

Ah if ONLY this was a game made by a GERMAN company instead of a Japanese company

I don't think the Germans are as passionate about video games - the game wouldn't be as good IMO. The game might also be filled with yuppie mobiles instead of actual sports cars.

Last edited:
Back