450PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: GT Arena (Layout A)

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 123 comments
30.869. Gonna try some other cars now. :) In the meanwhile, here's my setup. Please note I forgot how to get those gear settings. :nervous:

Before I used your settup got gold already, but I'm in a personal battle with a friend of mine trying to beat each other's record, and thank to you I could beat his 33.6xx with 32.963 :)👍 Appreciated!

Btw, I don't know how I got those gears either! :D

I was able to get 33.515 in my Ram which as of now is good enough for a top 5000 ranking.
image.jpeg

Oh, so great. If your game crashes after you get gold, and you're forced to restart the console, you don't get any of the prizes or prize money? Stunning design right there.
same thing happened here, oh how I don't wanna buy the XJ220!
Meh, I'm just happy with the chance to take the AltoWorks for a few laps around the arena.

Last edited:
Took my 500pp tuned Toyota 86 GT '12 and downgraded it to 450pp. After the first lap I achieved silver with a time just under 38 seconds. After lap 6, I ran a 35:906. Good enough for gold.. :D

I'm quite curious to know, if I end up staying in first after the deadline, would I be the first American to legitimetally have the top record on this game? I know there were a couple of Americans who finished 1st on GT5, but I'm not really sure.

I'm quite curious to know, if I end up staying in first after the deadline, would I be the first American to legitimetally have the top record on this game? I know there were a couple of Americans who finished 1st on GT5, but I'm not really sure.

I've never seen an American win a TT in gt6.

Should've posted this earlier but got a 30.948. The first time under 31.000 :) Using someone elses setup and it doesn't feel right for me to share it on here. My own setup is still being worked on. Be on the lookout soon. :)

can yu post your setup os suzuki gsx???

In all seriousness, I attempted this Seasonal using a car I thought would be a good candidate to use, except I didn't realize to bog this car down considerably with limiting power and adding ballast. That car? It's called the 2007 Light Car Company Rocket. Before attempting the Seasonal, I did something I don't usually do- run a practice session before attempting a Seasonal. I had to remember that the limit was 450PP and 36 seconds for Gold. I toned down the Power Limiter all the way and added 55 kg of ballast. I didn't have any horsepower upgrades installed. My best time in the Seasonal was a 34.047. I'm a bit sad because I pulled a 33-second lap in practice, but the best I could manage in the proper Seasonal was a time north of 33 seconds. So my best time was improved by more than a full second. If I had a faster time, I would even be two full seconds better with the Rocket than I was in the Renault Alpine A110 1600S I used previously.

My thoughts on using the Rocket is that this car is almost TOO good to use for this course. I still think this Seasonal better favors a mid-engined or rear-engined car that makes decent power and accelerates quickly. In other words... something go-kart like. That's just my analysis of this course and this Seasonal. Using the Rocket will surely give you that formula car feel around this short course. You're going to get crazy amounts of grip and fairly decent acceleration when tuned well. Even without any sort of fine tuning, going below the 36-second Gold time should be fairly easy granted you are an adept driver.
I enjoyed using the Rocket here and will try some others.

If you haven't used the GSX here so far, join the club! I won't use it here and will see what I can do with other cars.

Btw I used a de-tuned version of a high pp Brands Hatch seasonal setup. It was quite long ago, sorry cannot find it using phone.

Gsx-r/4 with crap tuning works fine- Literally just limited power and added a tiny amount of weight and a max speed of 118

30.901! I messed up my 1st sector a little, so 30.8s should be possible for me. :D

EDIT: 30.900... That helps a lot... Messed up my 2nd and last sector, total 4 hundredths in the wind to catch back. I'll get you, 30.8!

Last edited:
30.676. Looks like it's between me and @IMMORTALPILOT now. :)

Here is Doodle's setup version 2.0:

115/95
3.56/4.34
1/1
1/1
1/6

0.0/0.0
0.08/0.08

1/0

Set Final 6.000
Top Speed all the way to the left

Final 5.000

5/8/9

No power upgrades, 96.5% limiter

20 downforce

No weight reduction parts

130kg ballast @ position +8

This might be capable of low .6 or even a very high .5

30.676. Looks like it's between me and @IMMORTALPILOT now. :)

Here is Doodle's setup version 2.0:

115/95
3.56/4.34
1/1
1/1
1/6

0.0/0.0
0.08/0.08

1/0

Set Final 6.000
Top Speed all the way to the left

Final 5.000

5/8/9

No power upgrades, 96.5% limiter

20 downforce

No weight reduction parts

130kg ballast @ position +8

This might be capable of low .6 or even a very high .5

cheers @Doodle for tune, from the earlier post, But most off all thanks for the transmissiom that could help alot.

Finally! Into the 30.8s with a 30.859! :D Occupying 6th place right now, but I'll be dropping down soon due to the use of assists (easier drive, big handicap). 30.7 is possible because I lost 5 hundredths to my PB in T1, but it'll be unlikely as I got my PB T2 and T3 on that lap. @Doodle great job on the 30.6! 👍

This is a lovely little event.

31.196, 36th.

Running right on @Doodle rear bumper until the exit of the final hairpin... just can't find a decent exit :mad:
Try climbing on the 1st apex a little later, it helps the kart turn more for the 2nd. I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶i̶s̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶with assists we start flooring after dropping down the 1st apex and hope for the best.

EDIT: I thought you were using Doodle's setup, since you're using TC 2 you should be able to accelerate even earlier.

Try climbing on the 1st apex a little later, it helps the kart turn more for the 2nd. I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶i̶s̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶with assists we start flooring after dropping down the 1st apex and hope for the best.

EDIT: I thought you were using Doodle's setup, since you're using TC 2 you should be able to accelerate even earlier.

I don't think there's much difference when you use TC... I ran a 31.201 with no TC & 31.196 with it. The tyres have only so much grip! TC just means less drifting/spinning :D

Pretty sure it must be my line... will watch a few replays 👍

I don't think there's much difference when you use TC... I ran a 31.201 with no TC & 31.196 with it. The tyres have only so much grip! TC just means less drifting/spinning :D

Pretty sure it must be my line... will watch a few replays 👍
It makes a big difference on the throttle. If you turn while accelerating without TC, well, nothing special will happen. With TC, the throttle will get restricted (look at the throttle meter at the bottom left. Personally I tested all of them and I found that the easiest and fastest is Active Steering: Strong and TC: 1.

@Doodle did you put body rigidity on your car?

Last edited:
Is engine wear better than power limiter? After nearly 28 hours of rubber band Free Run in Indianapolis, my second Rocket has 5,700+ kilometers.

Will transfer my best lap tune, alter the power limiter and find out.

Last time I checked, only 5 drivers were faster than my first Rocket, without using GSX-R/4. And I'm finally using TCS: 0 for my best lap. :D

Back