450PP Non-Racing car Super Lap - Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 188 comments
I set a 1:06.065 with the s2000. This car deals with cs a lot better then I thought. It felt like this car had sport hards on.

I did one run with the audi, got an 1:08:442 for fun and saved as ghost.
Took my GSX/R, my own settings, as simple as it can get. one lap 1:04:530
So i did a total of 2 serious laps. Easy peasy to get gold.( 1 fun lap in my other account)

Traction=3
ABS=1
Controller=5

450pp 126HP
Soft suspension
Brake kit 5-5
gearbox=stock
Triple clutch
power reduced 66,9%
Race exchaust
weight reduction=C
Ballast=70kg set at -50

yep, as simple as it can get.
I'm not gonna post my youtube clip, if you can't get gold, you need a bit more practice

GSX-R/4, time- 1:01.563, peaked at 81th, active steering: off, ABS: 1, DS3 default setup(left stick: steering, right stick: accel/brake), manual trans. Used @et_ Bathurst tune with some adjustments to the diff.

Gold with MR2 GT-S '97 on lap 5 when I finally remembered it wasn't the 4wd drift trial I'd just done in the Aventador on the same circuit.

So I just looked through my garage, I actually had 5 Suzuki gixxers in my garage:eek:

I flipped through the different setups, and found one that should work fine, took it for a spin, made a few changes and... Well, here you go:):

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01:

comfort soft/comfort soft

Suspension:
Ride height: 90/80
Spring rate: 4.35/5.85
Dampers compression: 1/1
Dampers extension: 2/2
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.05/0.20
Brake balance: 7/3

Transmisson:
first set default, then max speed to 180kmh
1'st: 5.210
2'nd: 3.920
3'rd: 3.060
4'th: 2.505
5'th: 2.093
5'th: 1.785
Final gear: 4.000

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 18
Braking sensitivity: 10

Power:
No oil change, install Sports Computer, Racing Exhaust, and set limiter @96.1%

Body:
No weight reduction
Downforce: /20
Ballast weight: 200kg
Ballast position: +8

updated: 2014/08/11

Last edited:
Shot out to everyone that is using a car other than the Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01! Y'all GSX-R/4 users are just as bad as the 2J users.
I used a Lotus Elise'11 for a 1:05.295 for my first run and I plan on trying a few more on this TT.

A fun alternative to the Suzuki is the Miura, ran a 1:01.933 with it, probably get a few tenths faster with more laps.

And it doesn't leave you with a BUZZZZZing headache like the GSX, lol.
Will it do it stock? Been thinking of dropping some cash on the Miura but would like to drive it stock instead of altering it 👍

I am sure it will gold stock with a reduction in power to 60.5%. 4.64kg/hp.
Mine is with weight reductions and some front ballast 57.6%. 4.50kg/hp.

I could try it stock and see if it golds if you want,
No need to go to any trouble...I've just been looking for an excuse to buy the Miura, this could well be it :)

Wow. I still had WhooshierGirl's tune from the last event I used my GSX-R at sitting on Tab A, so I just lowered the Power Limter to 65.7% and it was good enough for a 1:05.141 on the very first lap!! She's right, the sound of the Suzuki is so annoying I stopped after 1 lap..if I want to try for a better time I will have to use a different car.

Got a 1.02.692 today, mainly because of Whoosier girls tune, still more time for me out there yet.
Not too bad for an old man haha. :cheers:

@Stewyripper I see you're currently sitting on 1:01.846 in my Friend's List! Wow...Way to go!! I'm always well behind your times... haha

@WhoosierGirl You currently have the fastest time in the Country!! Sweet!!

Last edited:
Got gold on 1st lap with the GSX/R and @WhoosierGirl's tweak. 1:06.002 time, Gold was all I cared about, don't need to be the fastest just win the gold and the chip. I might try a few different cars on this one though. Many thanks to @WhoosierGirl for sharing her info.👍👍👍

Edit: Had headphones on listening to my favorite racing music so I couldn't hear the GSX LOL. Still a very quik and nimble car though.

It's funny how I had more trouble with this TT than the 97T one! I tried my trusty Triumph Spitfire that was pretty good at beating 550PP cars in the corners and I wound up a second and a half off the gold time.

Tsukuba is pretty revealing though, and is really a power/acceleration track - slow corner, power, brakes, repeat. I got within .8 of gold with my Spit but that was on a red lap, 1:08.2 being my best so far. I think it may be possible with some suspension tweaks, better gearing and the right power/weight. And a smooth drive of course :lol:.

et_
So I just looked through my garage, I actually had 5 Suzuki gixxers in my garage:eek:

I flipped through the different setups, and found one that should work fine, took it for a spin, made a few changes and... Well, here you go:):

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01:

comfort soft/comfort soft

Suspension:
Ride height: 90/85
Spring rate: 4.55/6.20
Dampers compression: 4/4
Dampers extension: 4/4
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 7/3

Transmisson:
first set default, then max speed to 180kmh
1'st: 5.210
2'nd: 3.920
3'rd: 3.060
4'th: 2.505
5'th: 2.093
5'th: 1.785
Final gear: 4.000

Differential:
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensitivity: 18
Braking sensitivity: 12

Power:
No oil change, install Sports Computer, Racing Exhaust, and set limiter @96.1%

Body:
No weight reduction
Downforce: /20
Ballast weight: 200kg
Ballast position: +8

Never before have I had such a completed setup on the first day:lol:
@Mahen N : try this one instead, it should be both faster and easier than the one from bathurst;)
Wow! Great tune! Thx! Instant improvement to 1:01:335

4 hour stint tonight :crazy: Improved to 1:01.043 but I have hit a wall :banghead: Just can't seem to find anymore time here. Would love to be able to go under 1:01

I don't think I have anything left in the tank for this one :)

Any way good enough for #41 at this stage. Given my limited skills I am happy with this :D

used Et's tune and Praiano's LSD as usual . Thanks for taking the time to post tunes 👍 many thanks.

:cheers:

Back