Silver: Cr. 115,000
Bronze: Cr. 53,100

Gift(s):
Gold: GT MILITARY 002-W paint chip

Target Score:
Gold: 3,200
Silver: 2,200
Bronze: 1,700

TC, ASM & SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Chamonix East
Track Length: 2 miles / 3219 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

:gtplanet:

BEFORE POSTING IMAGES PLEASE RE-SIZE THEM TO NO LARGER THAN 960PX AND LESS THAN 500KB FILESIZE.
Alternatively, you should use the 'thumbnail' selection, but if you insist on posting large gifs and full size images then please hide them within a spoiler button. THANKS.

Last edited:
this has to be one of the most random seasonal's yet. I can't do this for the life of me and im using a Evo V and also tried the 22B.

3628 with the Ram again.
The worst thing was the back end clipping the fence, when a normal car should be nowhere near it :lol:.

@SVPSkins, try staying in the middle of the track. This seems to be a better scoring line than the traditional racing line.

I didn't look what the track was and I thought 'oh, 4WD drift, I'll prepare some R34 GT-R" ... then I looked up it was in snow. CRAP.

Any good recommendations for a car and a tune? Should I use the torque splitter and give it more torque to the rear or leave it stock? I was thinking about something heavier since it's in snow, maybe the Subaru Legacy?

3628 with the Ram again.
The worst thing was the back end clipping the fence, when a normal car should be nowhere near it :lol:.

@SVPSkins, try staying in the middle of the track. This seems to be a better scoring line than the traditional racing line.

Thank you for the Tip :) ill give that a go. best ive done is 1641 lol

k, I did it my way - since the event itself is senseless as hell (I mean, have you ever seen snow drifting competition in real life?) I thought let's go with a senseless car - I bought a Legacy estate (yes, estate, as in the one with larger boot :D), did some tuning here and there, and then some modifications to the original setup, and boom - easy 3858pts, could do much better but my skills are crap.

Bought a brand new Impreza WRX STI '07 hatch.
took me 10 minutes to get a nice gold.
At first i used normal brakes to get into a slide, but noticed that it's better to start with handbrake.
the spikes mess up the normal braking.
shot0018.png

If you have troubles with the settings, put centerdiff at 10:90 or/and add some more power
_Subarusnow.jpg

Used a GT-R 07 cause it met the requirements. Got it on my second try. Strange event. I admit I was all over the barriers but my score still counted.

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC did it for me, rally suspension, 5 close gear ratios, torque split at 15-85, stage 1 engine, sports exhaust, ECU, intake, manifold, cat and stage 1 turbo and stage 2 weight reduction and adding wiweight to reach 1300kg

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC did it for me, rally suspension, 5 close gear ratios, torque split at 15-85, stage 1 engine, sports exhaust, ECU, intake, manifold, cat and stage 1 turbo and stage 2 weight reduction and adding wiweight to reach 1300kg
Good job in a Celica.

5th right now with 11,566 points. That is about 1000 more than I thought I could get.
RS 6 Avant '02 tune:
Suspension-
160 75
25.46 18.67
10 10
10 10
7 7
10.0 10.0
-1.00 -1.00
Brakes-
5 5
Transmission-
162 mph. Leave gear settings stock.
Differential-
5 60
5 60
5 5
Torque split-
10 90
All power parts and weight reduction added. No ballast, 100% power, and oil chabged. Nitro at 50, rear downforce at 5.

3628 with the Ram again.

Finally got around to trying again and did it first time, doing as you said worked a treat. cheers 👍

You're using Nitro while you drift? Wow.
I'm not really good at using it constantly with effectiveness like first place is but for some reason the more nitro that is used correctly, the higher the scores gets. If I can figure out how to control the car like the leader does (which may be impossible with a controller) then I might be able to get around 13,000 points by using nitro more.
Realistically though my best possible run would be around 12,000 points even. Most of the best drifters haven't attempted this one yet though so unless only the leader can get above 12, 13 and 14 thousand points (which would seem a bit suspicious), my score probably won't stay in the top 10.

I'm not really good at using it constantly with effectiveness like first place is but for some reason the more nitro that is used correctly, the higher the scores gets. If I can figure out how to control the car like the leader does (which may be impossible with a controller) then I might be able to get around 13,000 points by using nitro more.
Realistically though my best possible run would be around 12,000 points even. Most of the best drifters haven't attempted this one yet though so unless only the leader can get above 12, 13 and 14 thousand points (which would seem a bit suspicious), my score probably won't stay in the top 10.

So, how much is this adding to your score? What I mean to say is, what do you think your high score would be without using it at all?

So, how much is this adding to your score? What I mean to say is, what do you think your high score would be without using it at all?
My best overall run, I didn't use any nitro but before I've used nitro on sector 2 and got 200 more points and the last sector and got 250 more points. My best run was over 1000 points better then my second best because I could finally control the car and drift it to the correct spots.
The leader ran about the same lines as me but used nitro with control. Second place actually used more nitro than the leader but with less control and is over 2600 points behind.
So I guess using nitro in the best possible way adds 2600 points to your score but control is still more important.This goes back to the old aargument of speed vs precision. Precision gets the better results between one another but it is best to have both.
In this case that is much easier said than done. I have the fifth best score in the whole world and I have no idea at this point how to get more speed while still being just as precise (use more nitro and still run the same line).

I don't know much about the game's physics, but I looked at the leader's tires and my tires and they are shaped different. My front end is raised higher off the ground than his, so maybe that made my tires look taller and thinner than his, but if not than something a bit more than fractionally fishy may be going on.
My RS 6
20150223_170037.jpg
First place RS 6
20150223_170459.jpg
(I used black and white to get rid of the sun glare)

This may just be from the lower ride height squishing down the rubber, but it maybe that 4 letter H word no one likes instead.

Back