London
nowcontrol
4WD Rally Car Drift Trial: Chamonix
DT#49 - 4WD Rally Car Drift Trial @ Chamonix.jpg 4WD Rally Cars - ER.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
DT#49 - 4WD Rally Car Drift Trial @ Chamonix.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
You can almost get gold just from the first sector here if you do it right. Got ~11,200 with the Lancia S4. Game had me ranked 54th after that, which is probably the highest I'll ever be ranked in one of these :D
^^^^ if you know how to drift, it's not always easy.;)

\edit: hmm, i thought the normal drift for 4000 points would be easy instead of this snow drift.
Once i got the hang of the car in the snow, this one was more fun.

Last edited:
@shaunm80 I found that almost impossible to control on snow. The gearing also seemed far too short for the long sweeping corners and the very early peak to the engine curves, due to the mid range turbo.

I changed to a high range turbo, use 15% front torque instead of 10% and changed the Final Gear to about 3.000 instead of 5.100 and set my best score so far. Took about 10 runs after I had done these changes.

Do you have a drift tune for the RSC concept rally car? My previous best score was set quite easily with that.

The top scores are using the Celica GT-Four. It has dominated rally drifts since it was pictured in the seasonal panel for a drift competition last year. My trusty Quattro Anniversary Edition still serves well in time trials and some tarmac drifts, too.

Sad I couldn't use the Suzuki Pikes Peak rally cars. They would have the power to maintain wheelspin for the whole length of those long corners.

Happy to see an off-road surface featuring in the Seasonals, anyway. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Jumped up to 12,550 points with the Peugeot 206. This is the best I've ever done in a seasonal, as I'm currently sitting 684th.

I've got to say, this one is really fun!

I dont know what the hell I'm doing and I just did a 6,000+ so I suppose anyone can stuff around and get this.

Used the Subaru 03 with a 90% rwd split.

I dont know what the hell I'm doing and I just did a 6,000+ so I suppose anyone can stuff around and get this.
Yes , even i can win this challenge. I usually struggle to get gold at all. This time it took me 10 minutes in a Pajero Evo to win gold.

@shaunm80 I found that almost impossible to control on snow. The gearing also seemed far too short for the long sweeping corners and the very early peak to the engine curves, due to the mid range turbo.

I changed to a high range turbo, use 15% front torque instead of 10% and changed the Final Gear to about 3.000 instead of 5.100 and set my best score so far. Took about 10 runs after I had done these changes.

Do you have a drift tune for the RSC concept rally car? My previous best score was set quite easily with that.

The top scores are using the Celica GT-Four. It has dominated rally drifts since it was pictured in the seasonal panel for a drift competition last year. My trusty Quattro Anniversary Edition still serves well in time trials and some tarmac drifts, too.

Sad I couldn't use the Suzuki Pikes Peak rally cars. They would have the power to maintain wheelspin for the whole length of those long corners.

Happy to see an off-road surface featuring in the Seasonals, anyway. :gtpflag:
I found it difficult for the first two goes but I learnt how the car slid, and just prodded the brake lightly to get a nice calm drift initiated. I scored quite well but I don't drift very fast if I am being honest. I like to hold a drift line and have reduced speed incase I need to flick the car again. I find that the balance isn't unsettled as much for me. You can always extend the final gear (in the transmission) by 0.500 - 1.000 to get more speed by the way. My transmissions are designed to be altered that way for drift cars.

I improved to 17,037 points, with a little more practice I should be able to squeeze another 2,000-3,000 points. The car I'm using is the Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03, here is my tune if anyone wants to give it a go.
Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03
PP 573
Max power 564
Weight 1,338kg
Front / Rear weight distribution 50/50
Snow tires
Suspension
140/140
7.20/6.24
4/4
4/4
3/3
10/10
0/.60
Brakes 5/5
Transmission (Stock)
Differential gears
5/40
5/60
20/20
Torque split 15/85
Power
Limiter 100%
Engine stage 3
High rpm turbo
Downforce
85/125
Ballast weight 108kg
Ballast position 50%
For the first sector I found it was easier to keep it in 3rd gear, my highest score was over 10,000 in the first sector alone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 20
@SilverSE102 Thanks for sharing! I played with ballast on the Impreza, just put 200kg at 0% to make drifts last longer. Shifting the balance was my next step and it seems you've already perfected this approach.

Looking forwards to trying out your tune. The super rally cars tune up nicely with a lot of horsepower.

@SilverSE102 that setup for the Super Rally did help me get a higher score. Not 17,000!

Tracing the awkward and invisible line PD specially ordain as 'correct' gets so irritating. If it were visible or natural or (here's a thought) both natural and visible drifting would be so much more fun. If you stumble upon the magical trail of pixie dust the scores go through the roof. But I haven't had the luck to find the fairy tale breadcrumb trail through all the sections in a single run so far.

Last edited:
LOL first gold EVAR for me for drift.

9,224 in the 1985 Pajero Rally Raid... 500pp with weight shoved up the front 54:46 420hp 1,229kg 10/90 split to get the tail light enough to swing.

The trick is to showboat like hell in the first part... I personally cant drift well on the very straight-ish sections but if there's hairpins then yeah, swing it around.

@SilverSE102 that setup for the Super Rally did help me get a higher score. Not 17,000!

Tracing the awkward and invisible line PD specially ordain as 'correct' gets so irritating. If it were visible or natural or (here's a thought) both natural and visible drifting would be so much more fun. If you stumble upon the magical trail of pixie dust the scores go through the roof. But I haven't had the luck to find the fairy tale breadcrumb trail through all the sections in a single run so far.
I agree, the drift line is a little weird. If you don't mind me asking, what score did you get with my tune? I just improved my personal best for the first sector to 11,600 points :eek:. For me I kept it in 3rd gear and feathered the throttle to keep it where I wanted it to be. If you use the driving line, try using that as a guide. Improved to 18,073 points, if only I could string it all together I could end up over 20,000 points.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 19
There's a Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 in the top 10 at the moment. I took it around with max power and almost stock settings. Increased my best score by 1,000 points!

In that run I should have got another 1,000 in section 2: in the awkward right I broke the drift.
Later on I should have got another 1,000 in section 4, the faster downhill right: turned in too much and touched inside wall, losing speed but thankfully not resetting the score.

Thought I was done with this one but it's a hugely powerful car that makes the high speed fun. Nearly got 10,000 points through the first section, after I watched the top 10 line for the 205.

Fun car and I didn't actually own one before this event. Something nice to spend the credits on.

Back