5/23/12 - A-Spec: 430PP FF Challenge

• Thread starter C_Raccoon23
  • 459 comments
So guys, I need your help. I have a 2J in the UCD and 4 races to net 5+ million to get it. Any pointers?

I have a 290 pp Prius on share that will easily get you 5+ mill in 4 races.
It's currently tuned to beat all opponents without having to concerve the battery, and will earn you around 2 mill per race @ Cape Ring.
PSN GTP_Vegard

Regarding that, is it only the Prius that is competitive at 290PP? I tried detuning a VW Lupo GTI of mine to about 320PP and it couldn't compete.

Regarding that, is it only the Prius that is competitive at 290PP? I tried detuning a VW Lupo GTI of mine to about 320PP and it couldn't compete.

I have only tried the '03 Prius G, but I imagine that all the Priuses are similar.
Lift off the throttle and coast at every opportunity.

As famine said, most EVs and hybrids uses the kinetic energy of the vehicle to charge the batteries when you coast or brake.
This is simulated in GT5.

This means you can charge your batteries in the downhill sections without loosing much speed.

The challenge is finding out how much speed you need to sacrifice in order to charge the batteries sufficiently to make them last the whole distance, while remaining fast enough to catch the leader of the pack.

I delivered pizzas in a Peugeot Partner EV, some 10-15 years ago.
Necessity taught me how to concerve and re-charge at every opportunity.
That is the secret to my 265 pp run :lol:

The Vauxhall Tigra is competitive around the 320pp mark - busy working my way through adding ballast and lowering the pp. The key is only to race against the following lists with these in 1st place:
Hyundai Tiburon

Megane

Focus

If the Integra is first, forget it.

I struggle with the Prius - keeping it charged for all 5 laps without giving away time round the corners. This is the best seasonal event so far:tup:

it depends on your starting grid: if you have cars such as integra or civic as number one on your grid.
they make lap times of 2:03 making it slightly more difficult then other cars such as the kusabi concept doing lap times of 2:10

Just started with the Prius, here is my second win:
DSC_0025.jpg

Easy win with batteries left.
I charged the batteries on all the downhill sections and the last third of the main straight.

I would recommend people to not tune their engines too much, as a flat power curve is pointless with the constant 5000 rpm of the prius.
You are basically spending pp on a flat powercurve that you don't need.

I will update as my pp goes down (273 atm).

V

Damn! how you do it!? can't make the batteries last more than 4 laps when it's below 289pp final lap is all about blocking the other cars @ 120kmh/74mph :nervous:

Damn! how you do it!? can't make the batteries last more than 4 laps when it's below 289pp final lap is all about blocking the other cars @ 120kmh/74mph :nervous:

He has the best AI lineup possible: the Peugeot 206 + Mazda Kusabi. I've never been able to find this lineup, even after 50+ races.

The key is to make the battery last the whole way.
You need to go slower in order to go faster.

Examples:

I release the throttle as soon as I hit 155 kph on the main straight.

I release the throttle as soon as I hit 155 kph on the downhill after the right - left sweeper following the jump.

I release the throttle as soon as I hit 130 kph after the tricky chicane on the downhill (after the jump and right - left sweeper).
If you do this you don't have to brake for the next corners.

I release the throttle a couple other places as well.

Just before I hit the crest after the spiral bridge I lift off, usually doing 143-144 kph.
Back on the throttle just before the right - left sweeper.

I also lift off on the small downhill before the spiral bridge.
I found that I was loosing momentum very quickly going into the spiral bridge when going flat out through there.

The last section i charge is before the final hairpin. As soon as i can see the final hairpin i lift off.

Also, the lineup you get is key.
Note that the time 10:34 was done with 265pp.
I ran out of batteries just before the finish, but the Kusabi couldn't catch me and i won it by a fraction.

PS: once the batteries run out there is no use in recharging. When it runs out of juice, it stays that way.

Overtake quickly, but try to avoid contact as this may break your momentum.

Slip stream at every oppertunity.

After that it's all about tuning for max cornering speed and perfecting your lines.

Last edited:
Sorry if this was posted before but, I got to page 7 and I got tired of looking. Most of the info in this thread is great, but if you are unskilled like me, just starting out, those are more technical courses, that require some skill, and take a bit longer than this. So if you want to use automatic, a controller, and driving aids, while smashing down the x button, this is for you.
In my opinion the best car for Daytona is the Eagle Talon ESI 97, it's in the online dealership right now, just needs to be tuned to 375PP and it's an easy win every time.
You win about 750 thousand for five minutes, and you win every single time, no restarting, just winning, if you want my tune let me know, I've been doing this over and over, and buying every high priced car I see, it's pretty cool

GTP Parc Ferme
Sorry to hear that.

I'll F.R. you when I get in from work, accept, and I'll send you a 1970 Birthday Ticket, USB Savegame backup spam it, till you're lucky :)

It's alright, I want to have the satisfaction of buying it properly from the UCD when it nextc omes around, but thank you for your kindness :)

I'm truly enjoying this seasonal event. I was able to achieve gold rather easily with a 400pp '90 Honda CRX SiR. I will be dropping it down further for more of a challenge this week.

One thing I have noticed is with the lower tuned cars, drivers including myself are winning the gold, yet I have had a slower overall time than an attempt with a previous higher powered car in which I did not take the gold.

For instance, the pesky Eifel Kart track. I had tried to take gold several times with a '98 Integra at 430 pp. My best overall time being 7:49.185 and still being behind the leader by 1:5 seconds. Then I crawl into the CRX and on the first try take gold at an overall time of 7:54.105. So five seconds slower and I win? I'm guessing Bob was tired of taking me on?? :)

Any thoughts on this?

Sorry to hear that.

I'll F.R. you when I get in from work, accept, and I'll send you a 1970 Birthday Ticket, USB Savegame backup spam it, till you're lucky :)

There's a thread somewhere here on GTP that tells you when the 2J (or any other car) will show up in your UCD. I have Qty (6) - 2J's in my garage, just not sure what to do with them now. LOL

I used a Celica in all of these but Eifel, it's a standard, about 387PP or something, a lot of fun (without looking up, it's the Celica series with the four round headlights, and I think is the slower model of two). Feels quite nimble and has a pretty good max speed. Tsukuba was fun coming out of the bends, the locked inside front would spin and smoke like crazy when straightening up. Daytona was a cakewalk though, not just because of drafting and the AI's usual slowness on the bends but because the car seemed to top out at well over 150MPH.

As for Eifel, well I need to get used to the track. I do like some of these course maker tracks though, once you figure out the line you can take parts of them really fast, but I think the Celica might run out of luck here as it's gonna be all about handling and decent acceleration. Tempted to try a tuned Mini 1.3i, anyone tried that?

Well the Eifel track is the one used in the European Hot Hatch Championship Seasonal, so if you want some more practice against easier competition, get yourself an Elise (Older premium one) and grind it for 200 K for 5 laps there.

I'm truly enjoying this seasonal event. I was able to achieve gold rather easily with a 400pp '90 Honda CRX SiR. I will be dropping it down further for more of a challenge this week.

One thing I have noticed is with the lower tuned cars, drivers including myself are winning the gold, yet I have had a slower overall time than an attempt with a previous higher powered car in which I did not take the gold.

For instance, the pesky Eifel Kart track. I had tried to take gold several times with a '98 Integra at 430 pp. My best overall time being 7:49.185 and still being behind the leader by 1:5 seconds. Then I crawl into the CRX and on the first try take gold at an overall time of 7:54.105. So five seconds slower and I win? I'm guessing Bob was tired of taking me on?? :)

Any thoughts on this?

Yes I also notice the AI time seems to slow the more you try in one session, it went from 7:49 to 7:59 with some randomness in between. I used the '03 Integra DC5 tuned to 415, pretty well doubled the prize. Had to bump a bit but a good test overall, pushing the envelope.

The Prius uses regenerative braking - that is, when the car is slowing the wheels are used as generators to charge the battery.

Whenever you brake or coast, the battery is recharged slightly. Whenever you accelerate, the battery is used to provide power. The charging diagram will show this - when the lines go from the wheel to the battery (braking or coasting), the battery is being charged. When the lines go from the battery to the wheel (accelerating or at rest), the battery is being depleted.
Thank you very much Famine! Now I must fight my natural instinct to go fast all the time. This should be interesting lol.

is there something that would stop my prius from using the electric motor? and it is strange, i don't hear the sound of the motor anymore, but the icon shows that it is using battery power.

i have used the advice of others in this post and have won this race several times, but when i tried yesterday the electric motor never started up. i thought it might be because the controller power was low, but i charged it to full, and it still didn't work

is there some sort of setting with the cars tuning? some sort of ps3 controller setting?

any help is appreciated, thanks

Some food for thought:

Running 8:00 on the Eifel track, in a 340PP car nets the same Credits per Minute, as running 10:30 in a 290PP car around Cape Ring.

For those of us who may find it hard getting a Prius to place first at 290PP, you may find the Eifel track easier, for the same payout. I ran a 340PP Celica SSII and won easily. You could probably get it below 340PP for an even better payout, depending on your skill level.

can you post your setup for this one?

is there something that would stop my prius from using the electric motor? and it is strange, i don't hear the sound of the motor anymore, but the icon shows that it is using battery power.

i have used the advice of others in this post and have won this race several times, but when i tried yesterday the electric motor never started up. i thought it might be because the controller power was low, but i charged it to full, and it still didn't work

is there some sort of setting with the cars tuning? some sort of ps3 controller setting?

any help is appreciated, thanks
I think your car needs an oil change.

@stuke

It all depends on the starting grid, with some luck the slower cars start out front :)

Yes I also notice the AI time seems to slow the more you try in one session, it went from 7:49 to 7:59 with some randomness in between. I used the '03 Integra DC5 tuned to 415, pretty well doubled the prize. Had to bump a bit but a good test overall, pushing the envelope.

Thanks guys. I actually find it to add more to the event when there are small changes like this. :)

Haven't worked on it anymore. Got my new G27 in the mail yesterday and now I'm patiently awaiting my Playseat to arrive before I start back up. :sly:

Did cape ring in the old shape '01 Ka, it's a pretty horrible car but I caught the Dc5 integra on the last lap

just did a 10:26.176 at cape ring in a stock Prius G '09 with SH tires, got 1st and the payout was 1,489,846

Last edited by a moderator:
Back