$5 Billion to Revitalize Lincoln: Enter the 400 BHP '16 MKZ

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 187 comments
If i had the money and was in the market for one of these sedans...

I would hesitate between the Audi and the Jag... I would get either one... But I wouldnt even waste my time considering the Lincoln, unless i am over 55 and want to ensure i buy American...

Nothing wrong with such scenario, but thats basically the specific market share for this Lincoln.... I just dont see it happening any other way...

Again,nothing wrong..

IMO: the other choices just look a tad better...

Cadillac has spent a lot of time, effort and money revitalizing their brand into "American BMWs and also some badly repurposed Chevys" away from "several different repurposed Oldsmobile Auroras and a badly rebadged Opel" in order to achieve about the same sales numbers (but almost certainly narrower profit margins) than they had 15 years ago (and significantly less sales than they had when the original CTS hit the scene) when the sportiest car they had was the Seville. We're lucky that New GM isn't as much of a slave to the dollar as Old GM was.

Now, certainly, badly rebadged Ford Fusions and a new front end on the Navigator isn't going to make the brand turn a profit, but I'd certainly have to echo the sentiment about being doubtful that people are going to take interest in Lincoln just because it's putting on airs about sportiness.

Now, certainly, badly rebadged Ford Fusions and a new front end on the Navigator isn't going to make the brand turn a profit, but I'd certainly have to echo the sentiment about being doubtful that people are going to take interest in Lincoln just because it's putting on airs about sportiness.

I think they're going about adapting a current platform in the proper way with this refresh. The interior and exterior appearance is enough to look significantly different than the Fusion it is largely based on, and I think that will go a long way to make it a more successful model. What I'd be curious to know, however, is how much of that is truly different on entry-level models. If you only get the fancy powertrain and quilted leather interior on the tippy-top-level models, its going to hurt the overall execution of the car at days end.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-g...urther-from-the-ford-official-photos-and-info

2017-Lincoln-MKZ-1021-876x535.jpg

2017-Lincoln-MKZ-1051-876x535.jpg

2017-Lincoln-MKZ-104-876x535.jpg

I still like how the front looks, though it reminds me of Audi and I'm fine with the rear though.

It's so ugly though. It doesn't match at all. In person it looks like you bought an MKZ, got into an accident, and put on a front clip from another car. It's like the Sileighty of America. It just isn't right.

It's so ugly though. It doesn't match at all. In person it looks like you bought an MKZ, got into an accident, and put on a front clip from another car. It's like the Sileighty of America. It just isn't right.
The front clip of a Jag' with Audi headlights and an aftermarket hood. :lol:

Yes, that's the car I'm thinking of; it makes me think of the Jaguar XF.

So, there's a Lincoln Continental that looks like a Bentley Continental, then this thing, and there's Fords with Aston Martin type styling. Why is Ford making their cars look like cars from British car makes?

Yes, that's the car I'm thinking of; it makes me think of the Jaguar XF.

So, there's a Lincoln Continental that looks like a Bentley Continental, then this thing, and there's Fords with Aston Martin type styling. Why is Ford making their cars look like cars from British car makes?
Because they're salty they don't own Aston Martin or Jaguar anymore. :P

Last edited:
What Lincoln have done with their new look is tragic, they look like every car on the market other than a Lincoln! The designer didn't have a clue and it certainly doesn't look American. If you look at Caddilac for example... now thats American!

The side profile of the new Navigator concept looks like a Range Rover
04-04-10.13.59.jpg

It has the same design style as the Continental concept
04-04-10.14.44.jpg
04-04-10.15.13.jpg

But then has a gull wing door and a staircase to get in
Lincoln-Navigator-Concept-3.jpg

the interior looks nice
2016-Lincoln-Navigator-Concept-17.jpg
2016-Lincoln-Navigator-Concept-19.jpg

Last edited:
I...kinda want one. I don't know why, either, I'm normally not a fan of big SUVs, and I can't even place my finger on what I like about it. It just seems...crazy in a way that's appealing to me.

Is there anything more American than that?
Also, what's up with rear view mirror?

It's a concept. The rear mirror can look as outlandish as the designers want.

If this goes into production, the rappers will be throwing money at it like no tomorrow.

I like the Navigator concept because it looks quintessentially American unlike the rest of the range. I do love the wheels.

Are you supposed to put your McDonalds tray on that armrest? I like this idea but the Lincoln concepts have too much of an 80s first-class leather airliner look to them. When I see the inside of that car, my next instinct is to look for the x-ray machine that I have to walk through.

The MKZ front is actually kind of pulchritudinous, but that rear just ruins it. Doesn't match with the car, at all.

And then Lincoln will wonder why not enough of these cars are selling.

Back