• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 95 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
500PP 1979 or Prior / Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de Madrid

TT#38 - 500PP 1979 or Prior ~ Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Circuito de Madrid.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[TT#38] - 500PP 1979 or Prior ~ Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Circuito de Madrid.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Ferrari 512BB '76 by shaunm80

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by shaunm80

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by UltimateLurker

Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 by Ridox2JZGTE

Mazda RX500 '70 by RZQSPEED

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by SFzsolt

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 by 8l23ub

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by Dart_Field

Mazda RX500 '70 by bosOyota

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Ferrari 365 GTB was gold after a few slippery laps, those red DQs come easy here for scraping the walls. Others in the 1:35s were GT40. Miura, Countach, 250 GTO, so good variety of cars to choose from.

1:35.378 in a lightly-tuned Countach LP400 on the first clean go-around...no professional tune here and I'm not all that fast, so it's a pretty easy gold. I did try a 489PP Spitfire and it just wasn't having it.

This is going one of those TT's, were i have the car but not the tune to set a good lap time.

anyone know a good Tune for the '66 Ford GT40?

Terrible driving and a poorly tuned GT40 = 133.142. Lots of room for a much better time than what I did with a good driver and a good tune.

133.142.jpg

Single lap gold in my Lamborghini Miura @ 1:33.597. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I thought I was tweaking my 1974 Countach. That's the car I meant to select and use. Halfway through the lap I could feel that I wasn't driving my Countach. There is a LOT of time left on the track with this car -- first of all, I have a very amateurish tune applied to this car. Secondly, the car could have been pushed harder...even in my mediocre hands. I didn't look to see what most people are using - I'm going to bet that a lot of people are using the Miura for this event. That's exactly why I wanted to run with the Countach. I always try to use something different from the masses. Perhaps I will use the Countach and try to beat my Miura time. Hmmm... :boggled: :odd: :P

EDIT: I'm pretty certain the Pearl Orange paint chip has been given out before. In fact, I have two different chips identified as "Pearl Orange" already. Strange...:( :yuck:

I am genuinely stunned... 1.32.312, fastest I have ever gone in a TT by a LOT.

Tune:
Ferrari 365/GTB4 '69
Racing brakes, Gears to 260, racing hard suspension, triple plate clutch, carbon propeller shaft, stage 1 weight with ballast added to make 500PP.
EDIT: 1.31.8 now.

Last edited:
An easy gold tune

Ferrari 512BB '76 (500PP SH)

Link here

Good for 1.32-1.34 lap. Can be a little loose and slidy at times but it does help with some of the sharp corners. Not as quick as the Muira but more fun to drive. :)

ferrari-76-jpg.111225

Last edited:
Maybe I should get the flu more often... never driven this fast in my life. I want to do a general thankyou to everyone who participates in these things. You have given me incentive to try, to not just go "meh its gold". Thanks to you, I can now easily gold time trials and drift trials, where before gold was a struggle on time trials and almost impossible on drift trials. You helped me to gold all four GT Academy events. Last year I only golded two. You have helped me to use one aid instead of five. I want to thank you all.

I getthe feeling PD has messed with the grip on the track.I have used my Dino on this track before and it ran great...now all it seems to want to do is spin the wheels and slide
I was drifting more then really go around some corners.

I used my Miura with Whoosiergirl's tune for a first lap gold. It runs out of gear, and is slippery as hell with no SRF, but I managed a high 1:29 with it (Yay first place! lol). Too bad my 16-month-old pressed the restart button before it saved. Upon restart I did a low 1:31.7 first lap, and will probably mess with it more later tonight.

I getthe feeling PD has messed with the grip on the track.I have used my Dino on this track before and it ran great...now all it seems to want to do is spin the wheels and slide

I feel the very same way, like the car needs to be retuned when it was perfect last time.

bought this and used your tune for the gold...after I ran it I realized I didn't change the TC settings from 5 lol so there is alot left
TCS does slow this car down a lot, best setting is 1 but it is pretty good on TCS 0 as well.

Any chance of sharing the setup? :cheers:

Sure man, I can't say it's exactly her tune, I always mess with stuff to suit my driving style, but she was kind enough to share some bits with me for sure. Everything below is the same except I changed the power %, and moved 5th gear a bit to try to get some more top end out of it.

450PP - 189 hp / 244 tq - 872 kg - 45/55 weight dist

85/95
6.70/11.20
9/8
8/9
5/4
0/2.0
-.20/.05

BB = 8/4

Trans:
TS =124 mph
FD = 2500