500PP 2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 31 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
500PP 2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra

TT#71 - 500PP 2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Circuito de la Sierra.png
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header of [above] your posted/linked tunes, and also the tuners full GTP name if it is not your own tune, just as it looks here.
GT-R NISMO GT3 Nissan GT Academy Team RJN '13 by SpeedyFastKaz
The full GT6 car list can be viewed HERE for copy & pasting.

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you do want to quote and comment on something from the old thread you can click the +Quote button
of that post and then return here and use the Insert Quote button below the reply box to post your comments here in the current thread.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Took me about 3 hours to complete one mildly hot lap together (at the end of it I was very cautious just to finish it).

9:07.218

I took the Suzuki straight out of my garage with @Roweer1 tune from completely different track and TT (adjusted only final gear to stay off the limiter), so maybe some Sierra dedicated tune will help me get that 8 seconds, because my aim is to lap it under 9 minutes.

I was doing the Sierra TT recently at our local club, so the knowledge of the track is pretty good, albeit compared to Z4 GT3 the Suzuki feels a little bit slower...

Last edited:
Took me about 3 hours to complete one mildly hot lap together (at the end of it I was very cautious just to finish it).

9:07.218

I took the Suzuki straight out of my garage with @Roweer1 tune from completely different track and TT (adjusted only final gear to stay off the limiter), so maybe some Sierra dedicated tune will help me get that 8 seconds, because my aim is to lap it under 9 minutes.

I was doing the Sierra TT recently at our local club, so the knowledge of the track is pretty good, albeit compared to Z4 GT3 the Suzuki feels a little bit slower...
Which one (Suzuki)

What mods to the 458
Customized suspension, racing brakes, custom transmission, triple plate clutch, LSD, Stage 1 engine, sports computer, sports exhaust, catalytic converter, standard weight, standard hood, and window weight reduction

Having a good evening here with rose wine and ds3 ;)
Finally a good allround lap, super aggressive first sectors, then some minor bugs in the middle and solid finish.
Switched to @SW__10 setup from the old thread and easily got inside 9 minute mark. Although this setup is very crazy during jumps, but when the wheels are planted it really flies. With the jumps you have to hit it and hope for a steady landing.

8:57.454 for 13th atm

There's still something to grab in Spain for sure, but it will need some work.

Is @Crona08 the only one that has used a different car than the 🤬 GSX? The entire top 10 are using it and I went down more and it's akk GSX. I love the track and the scenery but the mad hornet buzz from the GSX ruins what could be a very nice drive. If anyone knows of something other than the Suzuki please let me know. Thank you.:cheers:

EEEFA12C-E711-484F-8D77-FE20ADEB2E4D.jpeg
Haven’t used Zahara for quite some time, thanks PD ! Fun time rally, pushing and tuning a Lotus Evora.
Here's some splits to meet the 10:00 gold standard:

2:11 yellow #2 checkpoint at Molino,
2:21 bridge

167 mph max before hairpin

4:35 bridge south end of Embalse de Zahara
5:00 Green #3 checkpoint, halfway!
7:00 first suspension bridge
7:40 Pink #4 checkpoint
8:39 bridge
9:23 marker 44
9:58 fin Blue #1 checkpoint, dam at north end of lake.

Is @Crona08 the only one that has used a different car than the 🤬 GSX? The entire top 10 are using it and I went down more and it's akk GSX. I love the track and the scenery but the mad hornet buzz from the GSX ruins what could be a very nice drive. If anyone knows of something other than the Suzuki please let me know. Thank you.:cheers:
RUF RGT was pretty good last time, fast and stable. Evora was kind of squirrelly but fun. Shelby Series One should be good here too. The GSX club is a bit of a sausage party at the 500 PP bracket.

RUF RGT was pretty good last time, fast and stable. Evora was kind of squirrelly but fun. Shelby Series One should be good here too. The GSX club is a bit of a sausage party at the 500 PP bracket.

Thanks so much @Polsixe 👍. I was thinking that the Elise would be a good car for this. The '04 111. I've been running in ith to get familiar with the track. I despise the GSX/R. I have used it and gotten gold but I don't like the car. I have a lot of choices at 500 PP, many are lightweight like the GSX/R with very good power to weight ratios. :cheers:

Last edited:

I like your style! I'm not especially interested in outright times, I get more fun out of scoring a gold with something that's a challenge, and it means I get to try more of the cars. Though I am a big fan of the Evora 👍

Been trying with a pumped-up Focus ST but couldn't get comfortable with a fast FWD, and the Esprit V8. About 20s from gold if I could get a clean lap but it's been so long since I ran the special events that I can barely remember which way the circuit goes... :dunce:

Finally got it done in the Esprit V8. Soooo many red laps, and the PS3 hung up for an age after I exited so I thought it wasn't going to save...
Lovely car though, it makes a great noise and with better track knowledge and fewer mistakes (dropped 2s with a tank-slapper at one point) there's a good 10s to be had.

I haven't driven on this for years, so did a cautious run in a Golf ('04?). Managed not to go off on my 4th attempt for around 10:30, which I was pretty happy with. Three more aggressive attempts had me off and around up to 10 secs ahead at approx half way.

It maybe achievable with good track knowledge and possible tweaks to the car - though the Golf felt pretty good, maybe a bit firm breaking seemed a little long.

Ferrari Dino, RX500, Muira, GT40, M3 CSL, NSX R, I've seen these on the leaderboard with sub 9m20 times, the Series One could probably do sub 9m20 or go close straight from the dealership.

My best lap so far is a 10:14 except it's a red lap. I'm running the '04 Elise 111. I thought I had it in an '07 MX-5 but lost it on one of the jumps. As much as I hate it I have had better control with the GSX. I didn't know the RX500 was legal. I have tried the Dino too. I have been chasing ghost lines of my friends and was right behind @spikeyone and lost control of an unintended drift and red lap again. The only car that doesn't feel like it's on ice/dirt is the GSX with @SW__10 tune. I'm glad there is still many days left. I'm going to give the RX500 at shot. It has been a good 500PP car for in the past. My whole problem is still don't know the track well enough. I didn't run the Sierra Time Trials and now wish I had. We are 8 days in on this event and don't have but one page of posts. Either it is difficult for many or they have go on to GT Sport. Congrats to all who have made it so far.:cheers::cheers:

Edit: I have found my car and a Silver 34 seconds behind Gold. I was ecstatic that I made a lap finally that was not red. I still don't know the track well enough, but now that I have found my car I know I can get gold. My car is the BMW M4 M performance Edition. I was more cautious on all the tight corners, like going through at 40 mph, but running 170 mph on the long straight sections and I love that this car is a seven speed. I can start adjusting the individual gears and not lose my top end speed. Found 13 seconds by adjusting the gearbox and LSD.

Attachments

• 20171110_125515.jpg
    20171110_125515.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171110_132324.jpg
    20171110_132324.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Keep persevering @Racin510s. Track knowledge will get you a long way, and 14s is less than 1.5 sec per minute that you need to find, probably 0.1-0.2s per corner. I could barely remember the circuit, so I started to build up corner-by-corner. My first 3 minutes or so was pretty much on it, the second half was more cautious as I hadn't got round to pushing in those corners. You'll get there :cheers:

Ferrari Dino, RX500, Muira, GT40, M3 CSL, NSX R, I've seen these on the leaderboard with sub 9m20 times, the Series One could probably do sub 9m20 or go close straight from the dealership.

Keep persevering @Racin510s. Track knowledge will get you a long way, and 14s is less than 1.5 sec per minute that you need to find, probably 0.1-0.2s per corner. I could barely remember the circuit, so I started to build up corner-by-corner. My first 3 minutes or so was pretty much on it, the second half was more cautious as I hadn't got round to pushing in those corners. You'll get there :cheers:

Thank you @spikyone and @8l23ub. @spikyone for the encouragement and ghost line :cheers:and information and @8l23ub for the BMW idea 👍👍👍. @8l23ub you saved me because I was getting really frustrated on car choice. I have the M3 but I think at 500PP the M4 has a better power to weight combo and the benefit of 7 gears. I changed 3rd, 4th, & 5th and the Final drive gear. I increased my brake balance and LSD to compensate for the brake balance. It took me close to an hour so I'm gonna let it rest for bit and come back. I also am going to look at the replays I downloaded from the top 10 a couple of days ago. I am so very grateful and thankful for the :gtplanet: community. Really good people who don't mind giving a helping hand.:cheers:

My mistake about the M4 having better power to weight ratio. Tried the M3CSL not as good as the M4. Ran again today and stayed ahead of @spikyone til around the 4 minute mark and then things went downhill. Not one clean lap today. @spikyone how did you run the last sectors? Sorry don't know the names of corners don't even know where half way is.:lol: I have found the M4 likes the rumble strips with the setup I have. This is such a long run it's hard for me to do more than 3 at a time. Stil have plenty of time. I want to gold it with the M4, but if necessary I have the GSX with @SW__10 tune.

Last edited:
Hi guys . It's good to see a few are keeping the dream alive , by avoiding the gsxr .
I think that I may need a few more laps practice to get the caterham under 10mins , or maybe I'll have to bring the ruf out of retirement .
I tried with my favourite Diablo for a while but I think that amount of torque and SH's were a bit beyond me for this track .

I just wish that the leaderboard could be filtered by cars so you didn't have to scroll through 4000 gsxr's or Ts030's to find who you were actually competing against .

I wanted so bad not to have to use the GSX. After nearly 25 red laps that would have been gold in the BMW M4 Performance I had had enough. I went and got the 🤬 GSX with @SW__10 tune and in one lap came away with gold. To me this car is a cheat car like the NSX LM Prototype. I have golded many events with both but I try not to use either. The last time I was able to see the top 10 they were all GSX's. What sucks is once you have turned a good lap, you can't see the top 10 again unless you are in the top 10. I'm glad that I downloaded 2 of the replays from the 1st couple of days. Both were GSX's. Normally a Silver is OK with me, didn't need the prize car but because I was so close in the BMW, well 14 seconds off gold is not that close it became an obsession to get gold. I love this track, the scenery is so beautiful and it is fun to just cruise and see the sights. Thank you @SW__10 your tunes have helped me many a time. @spikyone thank you for the encouragement. I was chasing you at the beginning but then I didn't see your ghost line anymore and figured you had passed me and were long gone. This is the 1st time since playing GT6 that I have had the fastest time among my friends. Thank you to all my friends as all of you have been good friends and competitors. I have learned a lot from all of you.:cheers::cheers:

Attachments

• 20171115_161757[1].jpg
    20171115_161757[1].jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 31
8:51 now. That was a ''save'' lap. 7th position.

In the las 2 sectors i was fast. I think i can make a 8:49.

Back