2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 278 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
2-Wheel Drive Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Circuito de la Sierra

2sAr0lH.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 23/10/2014 – 06/11/2014, 01:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 23/10/2014 – 20/11/2014, 01:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Drivetrain: FR/FF/MR/RR
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 200,000
Silver: Cr. 95,000
Bronze: Cr. 50,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT CHROME 006-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 10:00.000
Silver: 11:00.000
Bronze: 13:00.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Circuito de la Sierra
Track Length: 16.78 miles / 27005 m
Time of day: 09:00
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Suzuki GSX-R/4 by dddsprayshop

Suzuki GSX-R/4 by Dalone .. w/ Springs,Dampers,& Toe by WhoosierGirl

Suzuki GSX-R/4 by SW__10

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by Otaliema

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 by shaunm80

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 by Lewis_Hamilton_

RUF RGT '00 by praiano63

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to doing this event...Will be firing up the PS3 in just a few minutes! Good luck everyone.

Good grief, a 10 minute race on a track I've never seen before. Thank god it's only 500 PP. Mind you, it's a pretty good track with just about everything, but then what would you expect for 10 minutes in the saddle.
Completed a red time, 9:55. But ahh, my wrists.

Last edited:
Ugh...I slid off the track about seven and a half minutes in - bounced off a wall and got DQ'ed. I just completed the lap anyway, for a refresher. I haven't driven this track in maybe 2 weeks. My second lap I drove a lot more conservatively and still managed a 9m53s lap for Gold. Oh, I took out the rarely used Suzuki GSX-R/4. Ugh...right?

I'll re-do the event with my Miura next (too bad you can only collect credits once in Super Laps). I just looked at the top spots on the World Leaderboard to see what they were using. One person actually used the Miura for a Top 10 time, 6th place. I know it's early... Another used an RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD), currently 4th. An RGT '00 was used by the current 12th place driver and an RX-8 Type s '07 was used by the person currently in 13th place. 👍

I just thought I'd throw a few suggestions out there for those of you ready to slit your wrists at the thought of driving the GSX-R/4 one more time in a Seasonal Event. :yuck:

Took a Shelby Series One out, first clean lap was a 9:09 with many costly mistakes. Went out 3 more times and made a couple of seconds up by the 3rd sector each go but then I'd get DQ'd somewhere with a silly, avoidable error. No way to close a further 17+ seconds on the fastest Gixxer time, that damn car is probably going to ruin yet another TT.

My sloppy lap is currently in 4th and will tumble down the rankings quickly. I could see myself getting the Shelby down to a flat 9:00 but I just don't enjoy hotlapping on my own, and that will still be 11 seconds behind the current #1. All I wanted was that shiny new chrome colour :mischievous:.

If PD banned that car from entering, I bet there would be a really good, interesting mix of cars lighting up the leaderboards.

Ugh...I slid off the track about seven and a half minutes in - bounced off a wall and got DQ'ed. I just completed the lap anyway, for a refresher. I haven't driven this track in maybe 2 weeks. My second lap I drove a lot more conservatively and still managed a 9m53s lap for Gold. Oh, I took out the rarely used Suzuki GSX-R/4. Ugh...right?

I'll re-do the event with my Miura next (too bad you can only collect credits once in Super Laps). I just looked at the top spots on the World Leaderboard to see what they were using. One person actually used the Miura for a Top 10 time, 6th place. I know it's early... Another used an RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD), currently 4th. An RGT '00 was used by the current 12th place driver and an RX-8 Type s '07 was used by the person currently in 13th place. 👍

I just thought I'd throw a few suggestions out there for those of you ready to slit your wrists at the thought of driving the GSX-R/4 one more time in a Seasonal Event. :yuck:

Thanks for the info... 👍

Had another go, still made some mistakes but down to 9:04 with the Shelby Series One. Now the only none GSXR vehicle in the top 12.

Get the feeling in 24 hours time that will be lucky to remain in the top 50. Wish more people would try something other than that God Forsaken, pesky, buzzy, doesn't actually exist "car" every single week, or that PD would eliminate MR drivetrains. This TT could have been amazing. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Had another go, still made some mistakes but down to 9:04 with the Shelby Series One. Now the only none GSXR vehicle in the top 12.

Get the feeling in 24 hours time that will be lucky to remain in the top 50. Wish more people would try something other than that God Forsaken, pesky, buzzy, doesn't actually exist "car" every single week, or that PD would eliminate MR drivetrains. This TT could have been amazing. Variety is the spice of life after all.

I'll dig my heels in here like I did with the last 2J TT. Refused to use it & I'll do the same with the Gixxer as well...

I think that PD try to give us a wide variety of options to choose from whenever they left us such an open TT. I mean, they think: "Ok, let's do not restrain this TT to any kind of car, let's them choose whatever 2 wheel drive car they want to drive". Honestly, I do hope that this is the reality in PD's headquarters.

Sad thing is that they are blind to the fact that in the end, to be in the top spots, you only have one option.

I wish we will have more TT like the LFA and the Nismo ones. They restrain the options to only one car, but at least, that car is neither a Chaparral nor a GSXR-4.

For me, 90 seconds to 2 minutes feels about right for a TT. This isn't a complaint, I like that there is some variety & I will do the event. It's just a personal preference that I want to be able to do a full attempt at each corner within 2 minutes of my previous attempt.

Anyone tried the Caterham Fireblade or LCC Rocket? Surely they must be good alternatives to the Gixxer? If its possible to get them down to 500PP of course.

Now been pushed out of the top ten, watched a replay of the guy in 8th or 9th place, who's time beat mine by less than half a second. After seeing it I died a little. Actually, I died a lot.

I was exiting and hitting the outside apex of corners anywhere from 4 to 20mph faster, while they were frequently hesitating to get on the throttle, sliding, were not using all of the track, and almost spun twice coming to a near stop!

Reason I picked a car like the Shelby is because I thought it may have some straight line speed advantage against the Gixxer, while that little kart would thrash me on the corners. How wrong was I? It was completely the opposite way around. If I entered a straight 10mph faster, the Gixxer would still be going faster by the end of the straight.

I apologise for the constant whinning, but PD really need to adjust the PP of that car. A run that is a complete mess (no offense to the driver) should not beat a run that is consistent while being very close to the limit.

God I am so salty right now. :lol:

9.44 for me after a couple of crashs with a GSX not really tuned for the track . After the Nurb , another long race . Personnaly , I love that spot . Now I need to try another car to add a bit of speed . Maybe like @Lewis_Hamilton_ a Shelby Series One with a nice tune !

346th with my GSX, not tuned at all! And with a DSC. Happy with that. May try some other cars soon. Should be fun.

First full lap was gold (9:57.248). First several minutes spent making sense of the car or more likely the racing brakes, that may have merely been easier on my leg. The tune, a supercharged Z28 '69 can be found by looking for SH 500 pp (Rome). I just changed the bb to 7/6 and the transmission to top-280 and was nowhere on the limiter.

I think that PD try to give us a wide variety of options to choose from whenever they left us such an open TT. I mean, they think: "Ok, let's do not restrain this TT to any kind of car, let's them choose whatever 2 wheel drive car they want to drive". Honestly, I do hope that this is the reality in PD's headquarters.

Sad thing is that they are blind to the fact that in the end, to be in the top spots, you only have one option.

I wish we will have more TT like the LFA and the Nismo ones. They restrain the options to only one car, but at least, that car is neither a Chaparral nor a GSXR-4.

I imagine they design these events for the majority, rather than the top 20-30 competitors.

I imagine they design these events for the majority, rather than the top 20-30 competitors.

But in any case what I said applies to everybody. If that majority of players that you said want to make their fastest possible time, they know that the Chaparral or the GSXR-4 are the best options.

Even yourself wrote in your previous comment that you're going to try the Suzuki because you know that is the best option.

Of course you have the option of going by yourself and try to get the best time with another cars and care nothing about the leaderboards, wich is going to be my case the next two weeks.

But in any case what I said applies to everybody. If that majority of players that you said want to make their fastest possible time, they know that the Chaparral or the GSXR-4 are the best options.

Even yourself wrote in your previous comment that you're going to try the Suzuki because you know that is the best option.

Of course you have the option of going by yourself and try to get the best time with another cars and care nothing about the leaderboards, wich is going to be my case the next two weeks.

Sure, but it'll be the first time I've used the GSX-R. Normally I'll just use whichever car I own that I like and that fits the requirements. Besides, if they got rid of the suzuki, another car would just take its place :P

A lightened BMW M5 '05 with 69% power can do it in 9:55...but then my game consistently freezes before getting the money/paint rewards. No matter, was a fun drive :)

Besides, if they got rid of the suzuki, another car would just take its place :P

That's why I stated in the previous post that they should constrain the options in the time trials to make them more appealing.

P.S.: I didn't even own the damn Suzuki...:lol:

(BTW, enough of going off topic ;))

Ran a 10:16 first time around with the 02 Tamora with several mistakes but I think a skilled driver would run a pretty good time in it

Wow, nice event.I took the GSXR, and then i see leaderboard also GSXR.
I drove the track a few times before, but that was the rally event.
So i got off track about ten times, and then finally got my first full lap after one hour.
Got round in 9:43.xxx.
In another account i managed a 9:39.xxx with these same settings(whoeps, i did not do a 9:33)
At only one part in the track i reached the RPM limiter for 2 seconds.
_Suzuki GSXR_4_normal_by_DDDsprayshop.jpg

Last edited:
Back