500pp Club. Closed

• Thread starter CTR Driver
  • 1,160 comments
England
Kidlington
GC255

1b1c0360-5396-46d9-9ed8-5021a5a87d7e_zps17a0dd4e.png

GT6 Club Number 1025152
Welcome to 500pp club, a place for casual racing, for fast and slow, n00b and pro alike.
The focus here will be more camaraderie and embracing your own personal challenge.

This year I hope to find myself on the podium.

With the release of Gran Turismo Sport during 2016 on PS4 and the new system being in its 3rd year. I may disband 500pp club around the release and/or move to the newer system. I can only make this decision when I have more details.

In the meantime I have posted this years calendar.

Calendar-header-2016_zpsf23f5hvb.png
  • January 30th, Stock X-Bow street @ Autumn Ring Reverse. Winner: Weescotman
  • March 5th, 500pp Laguna Seca. Winner: megg230
  • March 26th, Stock Suzuki GSX-R/4 @ Nürburgring GP/F Winner: Weescotman
  • April 30th, Stock Honda NSX Type R '02 @ Nordschliefe Winner: Nic-KL
  • May 21st, 500pp Brands Hatch GP Winner: Weescotman
  • June 25th, 500pp Côte d'azure Winner: GC255
  • July 16th, Stock Mazda Roadster TC on Sports Hard Tyres @ Deep Forest Raceway Winner: theewar
  • August 20th, Stock Nissan GT-R GT3 @ Mount Panorama Winner: Bloodyboyblue
  • September 10th, Lotus Elise race car '96 SH Tyres @ Circuito de Madrid
    Additional lounge/Track settings
    Grip: Real
    Damage: Heavy
    Penalties: Off
    Track time: default
    Time progression: 1
    Weather at start: 0%
    Weather changability: Fixed
    Tyres: Racing Hard
    Fuel/Tyre depletion: Normal
    Grid: Slowest first
    Please bear in mind that potentially faster drivers will be behind you. You will not be required to move out of their way but practice good race craft and use good judgement.

Don't let a 30 second battle ruin two or more peoples races
The winner of each event will have the choice of running a 500pp event, at a track of their choosing or a stock spec event. Feel free to suggest a combination. Here are some to pick from in the meantime.
  • NSX Concept '13 @ Laguna Seca
  • McLaren F1 '94 @ Mount Panorama
  • Ferrari F40 '92 @ Indianapolis Road Course
All Events will run PQR format.
Room opens 20:00 UK time (GMT/BST) for practice.
Qualifying will start 20:30 and run for 10 minutes.
Race will run for 50 minutes.

Each of the 500PP races have some conditions attached. These are:

• You may only use production road cars. No Concept, Race, Rally or tuner cars allowed. If a car has downforce in its stock build. It isn't allowed.

• You may tune the car with any parts you like exept nitrous but are only allowed to use up to 5% engine limiter. To keep close to the cars natural power profile as possible.

• Sports Hard Tyres only.

• Race winners get to choose the next track at the expense of not being able to re-use the same car. This is to minimize vehicle migration.

All driver aids are allowed.
This is intended for the less able drivers in the group, and most drivers here don't use any assists other than ABS. If you are a fast and capable driver, I ask you use the driver aids accordingly.

If you have any suggestions for "No Tuning" races, please let me know. All ideas are greatly appreciated.

If you want to join us and don't have a GTP account.
Send a friend request to GC255 referencing 500PP Club.

Active members
GC255
ADE3210
Third Reign
GTP_cpt_D
Goodwolf_
xTehlotus_Rk
Weescotman
Cobani
Theewar
Megg230

Last edited:
Pictures from 500PP Club.

I can't guarantee I will be able to keep this up to date. If you have any offerings mail them to me and I'll gladly host them and put them here.

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_zpsdvxyucbd.jpg

Apricot%20Hill%20Raceway_1_zps2t0avnkh.jpg

It's been a while and I recently went through my photo album. I re-discovered a few favorites that I'll share for you.​
BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_4_zps16fd9b80.jpg

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_5_zps3bb026e6.jpg

MatterhornRotenboden_3_zps61ec19e2.jpg

MatterhornRotenboden_12_zpsbbb0c17c.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_5_zps4aa232c3.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_9_zpse4d51482.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_12_zps60ac0fee.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_2_zps7le6pjhg.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_1_zpsltd9h4eu.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_zpsclrqsbhd.jpg

Mid-Field%20Raceway_3_zpsmx5ee7a9.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking thread GC. The 2 500pp races I have taken part in already have been a lot of fun. Looking forward to tonights racing at Nurb GP/F. Yeah !!!👍👍👍

So I just got a call from a bar I applied to... Got a trial shift tonight so unfortunately I won't be able to race tonight. I literary just got the call... Sorry Gary, was looking forward to this one.

Fuelmyfire
So I just got a call from a bar I applied to... Got a trial shift tonight so unfortunately I won't be able to race tonight. I literary just got the call... Sorry Gary, was looking forward to this one.

That's fine, it's supposed to be casual afterall. Hope the trial goes well 👍

I wont be able to make it tonight, but the first was good fun and ill try and join some more 👍👍👍

Hi GC!

I wanted to join and tell you to make the thread like many others did, and look what I found when I logged in. :D

Love it! 👍👍👍

I changed my sig and I'm coming tonight to have some fun!

Goodwolf
Hi GC!

I wanted to join and tell you to make the thread like many others did, and look what I found when I logged in. :D

Love it! 👍👍👍

I changed my sig and I'm coming tonight to have some fun!

What can I say? I'm a bit slow and lazy :lol:

I did want to test run it. Which having been posted in Ade's thread :bowdown: has given me the scope to iron out a couple of niggles.

See you soon. 👍👍👍

Yeah i'm up for this whenever i'm not working, although saying that i won't be available for the next 3 weeks sadly due to having to work nights at the weekend. As soon as i'm ready i'll give you a shout.

Yeah i'm up for this whenever i'm not working, although saying that i won't be available for the next 3 weeks sadly due to having to work nights at the weekend. As soon as i'm ready i'll give you a shout.

That's fine. I think I may have to create a members list. If things continue like this.💡

OP updated

I had a great race tonight. Some super close racin with newcomer tehLotus, aswell as some close battles with GW. Great finish, with Capt_D waiting on the finish line. Lookin forward to the next one.👍👍👍

Haha ok :P hopefully next one I can attend. I enjoy the races a lot. But I had a 9.5h shift and got home at 5:30. Need more sleep!

Sorry I missed this one, I was too absorbed in GT Academy.

Notifications are turned off for me, that's why i didn't react on your messages.

But it was all worth the effort. found my missing tenths to break into the 18sec range

2:18.937, I'm gonna leave it at that! Had about 3 laps at .8xx but I always was inches out of bounds at copse, giving me the flag -.-

most definitly!

I'm currently writing my masters thesis in physics, a friendly race will be a good way to get a bit of distraction in.

It was a good laugh. I was keeping pace for the first few laps until my car decided to inspect the armco after the ford curve. So I was "well happy" (not meant to be sarcastic), yay. Capt Gary was pushing the pace with a fastest lap of 2:18.4 IIRC, I got into the high 19's, Goodwolf managed a pb of 20-something. I can't remember what Ade and tehlotus' times were of the top of my head but I'm sure I'll be corrected soon enough.

Without looking I seem to remember doing an 18.977. Good fun nights racing. I managed to keep damage free, with only 1 small mistake at the start of the race.

Updated the thread title and am thinking of putting an active member list in the first post. Let me know your thoughts.

Back