500PP European Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand Short Track

500PP European Non-Racing Car Super Lap @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track.jpg

Rankings Registration: 05/02/2015 – 19/02/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 05/02/2015 – 05/03/2015 .. 03:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
PP: 500 or less
Tyres: Sports Hard or less
Categories: Normal Car
Country: Austria / Belgium / Germany / Spain / France / UK / Italy / Netherlands / Sweden
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 95,000
Silver: Cr. 57,000
Bronze: Cr. 28,500

Gift(s):
Gold: GT CHROME 001-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:13.000
Silver: 1:15.000
Bronze: 1:20.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Track Length: 1.51 miles / 2430 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by shaunm80

Lotus Elise 111R '04 by r1roman

Lotus Elise 111R '04 by GT_Rajman

Lotus Elise 111R '04 by Stotty

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by ODB

Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
I managed to get in quick with a Land Rover @ 1'09.429 ) good times.
I watched your lap replay while it was still in the top 10. Seemed fast for that vehicle,.
Basic starting tune tip: do not add weight to the Elise for this time trial.

Ran a 110.242 with an, Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03. Probably could shave another second off if I was motivated and kept at it, but no thanks! On to the next vehicle. ....

Snapshot_20150204_234723.jpg

Scirocco prize car for the Zahara event awhile ago was a fairly routine gold, 2nd clean lap. See a mix of cars being used by others; Rocket, 111R, 8C, TF160, RCZ; the PP system is alive and well.

Gold on 2nd lap with '96 Elise 190 by the skin of my teeth but it's gold. Not trying to get lower. Special thanks to @shaunm80 for the chassis tune. I did my gearbox and LSD. I was the first of my friends to run this one so I'm sort of proud of myself. I know my time will get slaughtered by all of my friends but that is fine with me. I really wanted that paint chip. :lol:
20150205_002332 (Small).jpg

One lap with my Lotus 111R '04 for a 1:11.463... I'm actually fairly pleased with that time as I only seem to ever drive this course if a seasonal is hosted here. It's not a terrible track - I just don't know it well at all. Good luck hunters of the low times! 👍

any 4WD turbo will do well here. I did it easily with an M3 CSL though it was not the best choice for that track.

I actually tried this in what would be this game's closest thing to what I drive irl. A '98 Audi S4, except my S is an A, and it's a bit older. And it has no turbo. And it's not 4wd.

Anyway I did 1:13.002 on my 4th lap, but I'll try a bit more cause I'm not exactly the most accurate driver in the world. I'm sure I can do it a few seconds faster if I just try a bit more.

edit:
I also tried tuning it some more, but that pretty much just made it worse!

Last edited:
I have to confess, I wore my tuned Elise the hell out on this track in GTHD, and feel like my time there is still really good. So, of course, I had to try my Elise for this challenge as well. 1:09.7 in 3 laps, was 9th on the leaderboard...for 2 minutes lol. Going to find a Praiano tune and hit this one hard, I think I can be a contender, this is MY track!

edit:
I also tried tuning it some more, but that pretty much just made it worse!

what did you do exactly? An S4 is a pretty good car for that challenge, I'd lighten it up a bit and set up a proper LSD and suspension and this super lap should be a breeze...

I don't remember :P. I mostly played around with the engine settings and using the power limiter, and messing a bit with the transmission, brake balance and 4wd distribution. Nothing too advanced, I have no idea how to tune an LSD or suspension properly :P. I did try changing the weight distribution to see if I would gain anything from that, though.

I'm just not a very good tuner, so don't ask me for advice ;)

Messed around a bit with beefed up 500pp versions of the Lancia Delta, Renault Clio and Alpine A110 but was always about a second short for gold. Then brought a BMW M3 Chrome Line to 500pp, same story. Decided I'd give the in-game MR-hint a try, bought a Lotus Evora '09 raised it a little to 500pp and won first try with more than 1,5 second spare from gold, duh! The grip & control in those 4 tight corners was MUCH better than all the others cars, including the 4WD Delta. I don't really get it, does being MR or not really make that much of a difference here?

Messed around a bit with beefed up 500pp versions of the Lancia Delta, Renault Clio and Alpine A110 but was always about a second short for gold. Then brought a BMW M3 Chrome Line to 500pp, same story. Decided I'd give the in-game MR-hint a try, bought a Lotus Evora '09 raised it a little to 500pp and won first try with more than 1,5 second spare from gold, duh! The grip & control in those 4 tight corners was MUCH better than all the others cars, including the 4WD Delta. I don't really get it, does being MR or not really make that much of a difference here?

Just a guess but Mid Engine = better traction? could be wrong though

well it helps in the higher speed section, and may be pretty good in the hairpins depending on your driving style...

I used the lamborghini miura, with my own setup.

I downloaded your ghost from your sister account but.....

.....that rear spoiler, How could you?!?!! :(:eek::yuck:

I ended up using the Ferrari Daytona, as you'd put me off pretending that I was an about-to-be murdered Mafia Boss in the Miura from The Italian Job.

Last edited:
I downloaded your ghost from your sister account but.....

.....that rear spoiler, How could you?!?!! :(:eek::yuck:

I ended using the Ferrari Daytona, as you'd put me off pretending that I was an about-to-be murdered Mafia Boss in the Miura from The Italian Job.

The car was setup for something different, If you watch the replay I don't even use 5th gear and the wing hurts the rotation on this track. I couldn't stay logged on my Whoosier account and had time and 15 minutes before going back to the hospital, a quick switch of accounts and a few laps...happy whoosier :).

The car was setup for something different, If you watch the replay I don't even use 5th gear and the wing hurts the rotation on this track. I couldn't stay logged on my Whoosier account and had time and 15 minutes before going back to the hospital, a quick switch of accounts and a few laps...happy whoosier :).

No problems, my comment about the spoiler was meant to be jovial.

Had some fun messing around. Did a 1:11.5 with a Renault Clio, then a 1:09.500 in a Ferrari 430.

I can't afford a Muira :(:(:(

Try the RUF RGT. Ran it as is with the sport hard and made gold.

Back