500PP European Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand Short Track

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 168 comments
OK, finally gave in and used the Miura with a Praiano tune. I was feeling pretty good about my 1:07.980 (803rd) until I noticed a 1:01.013????? How?? Who is this alien SpeedBloo? How is the car so fast? I'm no alien, but I can drive that first corner as good as the next guy for sure, and his ghost just leaves me like I'm sitting still. WFT? I need that tune.

Oh, and congrats to Bewildebeast and GT_Rajman for such awesome times, you guys rock!
Congrats on your time and don't worry for the first guy, it's a hacked car:rolleyes:.

IIRC bewildebeast's time was made in a Nascar car due to a unintentional glitch of the game

If anyone is interested, this is my tune for the Miura 👍.

Miura
500pp, 301bhp, 911kg.
No oil, No wing, No Rigidity improvement.

90/90
5.00/5.23
3/3
3/3
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Racing brakes 5/3

Trans:

Initial FG: 3100
Max speed 124mph (min)
1: 4499
2: 3153
3: 2585
4: 2120
5: 1774
FG: 2500

LSD: 10/8/5. triple clutch.

Power 86.4%. All standard parts.

Stage 1 weight reduction.

Hope it helps!

:cheers:

@SW__10, I've noticed in the last couple of tunes you've shared that you seem to really like a firm set of Anti Roll Bars. Is that just a coincidence with the last couple of tunes or do you find that higher ARB settings are essential to building fast cars? I know there is no magic formula for every situation, but I'm just wondering if you had a particular theory or belief about how cars handle in GT6 and why limiting body roll and therefore weight transfer is something you prefer.

@SW__10, I've noticed in the last couple of tunes you've shared that you seem to really like a firm set of Anti Roll Bars. Is that just a coincidence with the last couple of tunes or do you find that higher ARB settings are essential to building fast cars? I know there is no magic formula for every situation, but I'm just wondering if you had a particular theory or belief about how cars handle in GT6 and why limiting body roll and the weight transfer is something you prefer.

I don't know how @SW__10 tunes (a very effective form of trial and error from the look of his post above :lol:), but setting ARB's to max is part of my stock base tune (along with 0 camber and toe). IME, softish springs and maxed ARB's have tended to give the best results in GT6.

Agree on LSD... has an enormous effect on a car's handling.

In general terms for GT6 min/max on dampers and ARB.seems to be the way to go for fastest tunes. Less than 1 degree of camber on one end of the car to settle it down if needed. And very fine LSD tuning. Even than settings end up close on a lot of cars for a particular drivetrain that I have noticed. It comes down to skill as to the final settings the higher your skills the more aggressive the LSD tune.

Thank you for the responses, @SW__10, @Stotty and @Otaliema. I wasn't studying SW's tunes or comparing them to any other tunes. I just happened to read two posts, back to back, that he happened to post the tunes that he was using. I honestly couldn't even tell you what else his tunes looked like. For some reason, the ARB values just caught my eye.

I wasn't surprised by SW__10's answer either. So much trial and error goes into tuning cars in GT6 to be Leaderboard level fast. I suppose I was just wondering if stiffening the ARB's was HIS starting point in tuning cars. Many people have told me they like to start with the springs & ride height. Personally, I have only tuned 2 or 3 cars by myself and I can't even remember what the first thing was that I tweaked. LSD remains something I struggle with. Thank god for you generous people who share tunes. :D :bowdown:

Thank you for the responses, @SW__10, @Stotty and @Otaliema. I wasn't studying SW's tunes or comparing them to any other tunes. I just happened to read two posts, back to back, that he happened to post the tunes that he was using. I honestly couldn't even tell you what else his tunes looked like. For some reason, the ARB values just caught my eye.

I wasn't surprised by SW__10's answer either. So much trial and error goes into tuning cars in GT6 to be Leaderboard level fast. I suppose I was just wondering if stiffening the ARB's was HIS starting point in tuning cars. Many people have told me they like to start with the springs & ride height. Personally, I have only tuned 2 or 3 cars by myself and I can't even remember what the first thing was that I tweaked. LSD remains something I struggle with. Thank god for you generous people who share tunes. :D :bowdown:
The best thing I can tell you todo is come up with a "base" tune for each drive train. It's just a set up that will make just about any car of that drivetrain work well and go from there. Always test the car with PD stock suspension to see how it handles to determine what base tune to apply to it. Example would be a Saleen S7 is a MR car that turns like a 4w, and you have to treat it like a FR for throttle use. It's a funky car for sure, when I tuned one it got a hybrid setup for the 4wd and FR setups to make it drivable. Still never worked the understeer out of it.

I didn't check but presumably, yes.

Did you try the Elise? It's easier to get a good time with it. I'm currently using @Stotty's tune and the car is just awesome. The combo is simply great.

Yes, that's the first car I tried. I honestly thought I was going to do really well here, I drove the Elise on this track on GTHD so many times. But 5 minutes with the Miura and I bested my time by a second. I'm looking up @Stotty's tune now, he's fast as hell.

Didn't play yesterday, put the game on but something came up before I got started. Anyway the day off seems to have helped.
Had another improvement, down to 1:07.291 for pos# 287. Using Stotty's tune.

Edit.......1:07.042 for pos #208.

Wow, I'm the 2nd fastest in Australia.

Last edited:
I didn't check but presumably, yes.

Did you try the Elise? It's easier to get a good time with it. I'm currently using @Stotty's tune and the car is just awesome. The combo is simply great.

I tried the Elise...and got the Carl Edwards Nascar. haha.

Got out my wheel and was going to try to set something decent...but I've been beating my head trying to gold the stupid Senna challenge in the 97T at Brands Hatch.

I tried the Elise...and got the Carl Edwards Nascar. haha.

Got out my wheel and was going to try to set something decent...but I've been beating my head trying to gold the stupid Senna challenge in the 97T at Brands Hatch.

Early breaking helped me getting gold on that one (slow in, fast out)

Didn't play yesterday, put the game on but something came up before I got started. Anyway the day off seems to have helped.
Had another improvement, down to 1:07.291 for pos# 287. Using Stotty's tune.

Edit.......1:07.042 for pos #208.

Wow, I'm the 2nd fastest in Australia.
You just pipped me 👍
I red lapped a 1:06.968 damn :banghead:🤬 Got 1:07.129 @Stotty tune with tweaked LSD 👍
Gotta get some sleep now so i have run out of time on this :ouch: left it too late, spent too much time on Bathurst :drool:

Oh well I'm happy with my results on both TT's finally getting some consistency :)

Well done @Dalone

If anyone is interested, this is my tune for the Miura 👍.

Miura
500pp, 301bhp, 911kg.
No oil, No wing, No Rigidity improvement.

90/90
5.00/5.23
3/3
3/3
7/7
0/0
-0.10/0

Racing brakes 5/3

Trans:

Initial FG: 3100
Max speed 124mph (min)
1: 4499
2: 3153
3: 2585
4: 2120
5: 1774
FG: 2500

LSD: 10/8/5. triple clutch.

Power 86.4%. All standard parts.

Stage 1 weight reduction.

Hope it helps!

Since I had Cr.50,000,000 I thought I might as well buy this Cr.15,000,000 Miura everyone is raving about. Hah! Seems to have a mis-valued PP which lets it have a lot of power at this weight.

Thanks to @SW__10 recently posted tune for Miura Bertone Prototype, this DS3 novice just did 1:06.921 currently 175th in the world!

Controls
Active Steering: Off
TCS: 2 [triggers have huge dead zone either side of a tiny 'active' area on my DS3]
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Steering Sensitivity: 5

Stats
500pp
282bhp
871kg
45:55
37kgfm

Suspension
Fully Customised
90 90
5.00 5.23
3 3
3 3
7 7
-0.20 0.05
Race Brakes
7 4 [looks strange but balances perfectly with other settings]

Drivetrain
Fully Customisable
10 7 5
Triple Clutch Kit

Power
80.9%
Standard parts
[Did oil change by mistake which means a lot of limiter which drops the torque curve at high revs. Don't do oil change!]

Transmission
Set power first, I think.
Final: 4.995 [to get round numbers]
Max. Speed: 200km/h [full left]
1: 2.550 [use through first 2 hairpins only]
2: 1.950 [hold through next 2 hairpins, exiting onto short bridge]
3: 1.550 [hold through the long banked right before the road goes uphill into the tunnel, also hold through final double-apex right]
4: 1.250 [change down for fast sweeping right after bridge - don't go to road edge on exit!]
5: 1.000 [slightly wider gears might remove the need to use 5th, possibly faster?]
Final: 4.000

Body
Wheels: 1 "Inch Up" [don't think it matters which?]
Custom Rear Wing from GT Auto shop [don't think it matters which?]
Downforce: 0 20 [0 is locked]
Ballast Weight: 9kg
Ballast Position: 10%
Weight Reduction: Stage 3

Experience
My highest final place was 210th using the 600pp ZZII around Tsukuba a month or two ago. (I don't remember any other results so assume that was the best.)

I struggle to control the throttle with DS3 triggers...and to drive generally! So I went for a lighter and less powerful set of parts. I had some ballast leftover from @praiano63 tune in his tuning garage and using different stages of weight reduction. [Edit: Toe is from his tune, too!]

Ballast position was 50% originally. Was this a typo on the tune sheet? Tried -50% for a while and it provided stability but cost some lap time. Changed some other things randomly. The final position was from making it central, then moving 10% at a time. 20% was too extreme for me.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting ranking registrations failed?

Edit: Restarting game has resolved issue.

Edit 2: Problem came up again when time improved so had to restart again. Managed to get top UK spot so decided to leave it at that before I :banghead: anymore of further potential improvements not updating. Great tune as always @SW__10, I just had wing on from before which was only difference. I wouldn't be surprised if tune was good enough for top spot if an awesome lap with it was put together. Felt quite strange driving with G27 again, almost like it was broken due to how much stronger the T300 is.

Last edited:
Back