500PP Non-Race Cars Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 326 comments
Active steering exist, and it functions exactly the same as in the game, it corrects stering angle if the rear starts to slip. it's not very common, it requires electric powersteering, something most sportscar makers avoid as it ruins the "feel". but the latest incarnation of Porche 911 has it, and it does have a system very similar to GT6's active steering. Although I doubt it is as refined.

That said, this might be the stupidest post today:
I utterly disagree!! Playing without AS make the game much more unreal and easier than strong! It gives you an advantage... The point of this great game is to be realistic... and options like this underestimate the main idea of this simulator! ...For example why all players dont use traction control? Using tc means that you are faster? of course not! exactly the opposite...it is something like this but with less addiction...I have got g29 and from what i have heard is very difficult to control it without as...
Congratulations to L-shooter for his great time and to immortal and others for their try too...
You think it is easier without active steering? come on, lay off the drugs man. ;)

Last edited:
Active steering exist, and it functions exactly the same as in the game, it corrects stering angle if the rear starts to slip. it's not very common, it requires electric powersteering, something most sportscar makers avoid as it ruins the "feel". but the latest incarnation of Porche 911 has it, and it does have a system very similar to GT6's active steering. Although I doubt it is as refined.

You think it is easier without active steering? come on, lay off the drugs man.

Yes the system Porsche uses for his new 911 comes close to AS as we know it in GT6.
But it is only possible because the rear wheels have a small steering angle.
No car in GT is able to turn the rear wheels.

I utterly disagree!! Playing without AS make the game much more unreal and easier than strong! It gives you an advantage... The point of this great game is to be realistic... and options like this underestimate the main idea of this simulator! ...For example why all players dont use traction control? Using tc means that you are faster? of course not! exactly the opposite...it is something like this but with less addiction...I have got g29 and from what i have heard is very difficult to control it without as...
Congratulations to L-shooter for his great time and to immortal and others for their try too...

You think it is easier without active steering? come on, lay off the drugs man. ;)

Immortals lap is still much better, because it requires a lot more skill to do it without AS.

This is a ridiculous argument with hubris hindering logic. There are $100 - $2000 dollar wheels, this would be a greater difference than A.S. compared to no A.S. There are also set-ups, audio-visual and cockpit quality to be considered. Easier does not equate to faster. Oversteer can be an advantage and be faster, and it was definitely faster (for me) at Bathurst because of, I believe, unrealistic oversteer.
Nobody here is the Overlord, and I feel TRL_Andromeda's comment on Illias post is nothing short of arrogant and rude and an example of the hubris being displayed in this argument.

@TRL_Andromeda I didn't want to say it, but pretty glad you did. Everyone knows what AS is and I respect good argument and opinions but damn Illias! I'm thinking (hoping) that the your word choice didn't translate to English properly. Having your front wheels turned in a direction that is different than what your steering wheel is is not realistic. That is Active Steering. That is unrealistic. End of story. Everything else is up for debate.. whether it makes you faster etc. I feel AS has an advantage on 'tight corners' that require oversteer, the car is corrected for you without you having to put in that movement on the wheel. Corners that don't have much oversteer AS has no advantage.

The biggest advantage of AS is more grip under acceleration.

I watched your lap at Willow, congratulations on your very fast time. :cheers:

Do you consider it realistic driving to continually feather quickly on/off the accelerator thru corners (far quicker than possible with a pedal) as you do in your lap? :confused:

I watched your lap at Willow, congratulations on your very fast time. :cheers:

Do you consider it realistic driving to continually feather quickly on/off the accelerator thru corners (far quicker than possible with a pedal) as you do in your lap? :confused:

It's the only way for me to get throttle control, because i use x-button for acceleration.

I feel TRL_Andromeda's comment on Illias post is nothing short of arrogant and rude and an example of the hubris being displayed in this argument.
I get this alot, I seem to have an arrogant tone, even though it is not intended that way.

I'll leve this as it is. all I can say is L-shooter is the legitimate winner, because AS is allowed. Congratualtions and well done!
But Immortals lap is more impressive imo because he is only half a tenth behind without AS in a car that really benefits from it. I had someone look at the data, and L-shooter ran a seup that was not possible to drive without AS.

I started to play gt6 4-5 months ago so i am quiet new at seasonal events etc... i learnt about as in the last day at monaco event with 2j... i had been using only strong... the last day a friend informed me about it and i switched it off... my lap times especially in the first sector was 100 ms faster that it used to be with strong... I was able to be 150 ms faster than with strong in the whole lap(unfortunately i could not make a clear fast lap)... SO the conclusion is yours... in my driving style as is a little bit faster!!! and this was proven by stopwatch!!! On the other hand i have got g29 and i never had a steering wheel before... it is considered that g29 acts diferent than g27 or g25 or thrusmaster in gt6 because it has not been updated for this game and it was produced for ps4 games... To conclude i want to say that using as off WITH G29 made the game more unreal... i dont know what feeling you get with as off with different wheels!!!! but with g29 is just more unreal...
AND MANY SHOULD TAKE CARE THEIR LANGUAGE AND BECOME RUDE WITHOUT REASON!!!

In GT7 the game really begins for me, I must learn to drive with my wheel then, I go buy a wheel and see if i be faster with it. Maybe I'm a alien but maybe i am a %^^&& with it :P We will see.

No disrespect but, you're not doing anyone a favour with that post. Anyone can say they could have done this or that to win an event, but at the end of the day, you just didn't get it done. I think you just need to man up and accept that. Anyone who knows the game well knows you're not just a good player, but a great one. You didn't need to try and prove that to everyone on here! You beat Wolf's time! I'm sure Monaco was a good lesson for you but you have P1 in other TT's and Monaco was my turn. I bet you will come back stronger than ever in future events :D

PS. I had a margin I could close (in last sector) at the end if you decided to try and beat my time in Monaco. 1:21.650 was hiding up my sleeve :lol:

No disrespect but, you're not doing anyone a favour with that post. Anyone can say they could have done this or that to win an event, but at the end of the day, you just didn't get it done. I think you just need to man up and accept that. Anyone who knows the game well knows you're not just a good player, but a great one. You didn't need to try and prove that to everyone on here! You beat Wolf's time! I'm sure Monaco was a good lesson for you but you have P1 in other TT's and Monaco was my turn. I bet you will come back stronger than ever in future events :D

PS. I had a margin I could close (in last sector) at the end if you decided to try and beat my time in Monaco. 1:21.650 was hiding up my sleeve :lol:
YES YOU DID A GREAT TIME AND YOU WON THE EVENT AND CONGRATULATIONS!!! i gave the example with 2j at monaco for the AS off or strong... I did not want to refer to anything about monaco event...this domain had been closed weeks ago and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!!!!!
My previous post had to do about tsukuba event and i wanted to say my opinion about AS ... thats all!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL FOR THE NEXT EVENTS!!!

I wish there was a way for PD to do these timed lap events and remove the ability of some to run 1000 laps while others only run 20 minutes and give up.

Maybe 10 lap maximum, including disqualified laps?

Or display the number of attempts for each driver?

Then we'll all be able to see who is fastest with the same amount of attempts, or minutes.

*not saying it would be me, lol, just interesting to see if it changes the results. (Some obsess a bit)

I wish there was a way for PD to do these timed lap events and remove the ability of some to run 1000 laps while others only run 20 minutes and give up.

Then we'll all be able to see who is fastest with the same amount of attempts, or minutes.

*not saying it would be me, lol, just interesting to see if it changes the results. (Some obsess a bit)

If you limited it to 10 laps I suspect the same drivers would be at the top, just a bit slower. It would be impossible to regulate anyway with the current format. People could practice off-line and use multiple accounts to practice on-line. And if you could somehow prevent this it would all be over in the first few hours so we'd have nothing to do for a month.
It would be interesting to know how many laps people had done though. Although I'm not sure if it would be seen as a badge of honour or an embarrassment to have run 1000 laps. Maybe GT Sport will give us time-limited qualifying.

I guess it's kind of up to the end users as a group to decide which Aids we accept are legitimate and don;t artificially give you better lap times.

i.e, I am almost always faster without TCS, as I feel I have the throttle control with my wheel setup,
But I still rely on ABS-1 in nearly all cars for better lap-times. (Racing Tyres I can match my times without ABS)

But controller users don;t have the fine control available, especially with steering inputs, so AS for them is probably acceptable to me.

SRF however, no, never, ever....

I guess it's kind of up to the end users as a group to decide which Aids we accept are legitimate and don;t artificially give you better lap times.

i.e, I am almost always faster without TCS, as I feel I have the throttle control with my wheel setup,
But I still rely on ABS-1 in nearly all cars for better lap-times. (Racing Tyres I can match my times without ABS)

But controller users don;t have the fine control available, especially with steering inputs, so AS for them is probably acceptable to me.

SRF however, no, never, ever....

I use a controller and I think AS is worse than SRF for magic aids... not everyone is on the same level of skill or experience so the use of SRF is more acceptable to me as it can be used for "Safe Racing Fun". An example would be if a new driver is in the same room, and if using SRF prevents that person from crashing into me and wiping me out, well, that's ok. Yes, it's an unrealistic aid, but in that sense I just mentioned, I accept it.

But if you need help to steer in a racing game, it's because you're just pathetic. Especially if it's being used in the Super Lap TT's by people in the top 1000. And that's either controller or wheel users. Like seriously, these people are putting times in the top 1 percent, but need help to steer... in a racing game! HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!!!

As for TC, I use TC1 and even though it might be slower in one sense, it offers more control in certain cars that offer more wheelspin than other cars. And in that sense, control is faster for me. But yes, in lower power cars, even TC1 is slower.

It didn't bother me about SRF being tossed in the upcoming GTSport, but it really P'ed me off when I read that AS was being kept as an option. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Cheers

Last edited:
I use AS strong because I have fingers/hand that don't work properly! :(

Baron - Don't group me in with the "non-disabled" AS users! :lol::mad::lol::mad::lol:

{For those who don't understand sarcasm, I'm not arguing for or against the use of AS....I'm indifferent! :indiff:}

Then i train my ass off out of the TT on the same track. And if i'm good. the last day i drive 10 rounds. Mwah not a good idea .....

Frustrating time-waster. I've ended-up buying prize-car for my museum/collection. Well done creating another extreme event for GT6 elitists. Now for a relaxed cruise in my Cobra.

Then i train my ass off out of the TT on the same track. And if i'm good. the last day i drive 10 rounds. Mwah not a good idea .....

That would be fine, but you'd have to match the conditions for practice. Then still get the clean alien fast laps without mistakes and limited attempts.

I do prefer displaying the number of attempts over limiting the laps though.

It will usually make people drive a little more cautious knowing they can't make 1,000 attempts WFO. Or if the number of attempts is known by the community.

It would be awesome to see the top ten attempts;
1) 1366 starts
2) 106 starts
3) 455 starts
4) 281 starts

...and so on.

I thinks it's a great idea still. :)

Last edited:
Frustrating time-waster. I've ended-up buying prize-car for my museum/collection. Well done creating another extreme event for GT6 elitists. Now for a relaxed cruise in my Cobra.
If you sell your soul and dignity and use the GSXR4 with added power and an LSD tweak, it's a pretty easy event.

If you sell your soul and dignity and use the GSXR4 with added power and an LSD tweak, it's a pretty easy event.

I wish I could do this in any "stock" car with 500pp. I'm a "driver" not a "mechanic" with an engineer degree at MIT. This event requires serious driving skills (8h Tsukuba Roadster Endurance veteran in GT4) and mentioned knowledge in car tuning.
Selling my soul may be a problem since I've traded it in the past for a package of Tic-Tac's on the other hand, Suzuki GSXR4 is just not my type of vehicle (muscles, classics, vintages). Oh well.

I wish I could do this in any "stock" car with 500pp. I'm a "driver" not a "mechanic" with an engineer degree at MIT. This event requires serious driving skills (8h Tsukuba Roadster Endurance veteran in GT4) and mentioned knowledge in car tuning.
Selling my soul may be a problem since I've traded it in the past for a package of Tic-Tac's on the other hand, Suzuki GSXR4 is just not my type of vehicle (muscles, classics, vintages). Oh well.

The problem with "stock" cars in GT6 is that the alignment values that PD have put in there are NOT realistic.
They make the cars far too "tight" and refuse to turn properly
to make a car "Stock" you have to install the Custom suspension, and change the toe and camber values.
I really like setting cars up like this.
-note the "stock" values for spring rates, damper settings, Sway bars
-install the FC Suspension package
-reset the above values to "stock"
-set camber to 0:0
-set rear toe to a more realistic value like 0.05 or just set toe to 0:0

With those simple changes, you WILL be faster and the car will feel much more steerable.

I am definitely not in the "serious" driving skills class, and I hate the GSXR too.

But anyone that's played multiple GT Titles and considers themselves a "Driver" should have a some understanding on basic car setup.
You can't just get out of a car, and say "it handles like ***t"
You can however, say, "it understeers on corner entry" or "it turns in ok, but pushes wide mid-corner"
There are so many resources on here and built into the game to help you fix the problem with guidance (like an F1 driver having a race engineer to give feedback to).
If you can put into words what the car is doing, or is not doing then it can be sorted.

Use the tuning guide below, and particularly the end of the first post about LSD tuning.
As MCH says in the LSD section
The limited slip differential is the very first handling bit that should be tuned. The LSD remains what I call a “super tune” just as it was in GT5. If you only have the time, patience or limited understanding of this tuning guide, learn this section.
GT6 Tuning Guide 1.15

B_U_R_Z_A or anyone who needs...
Some basic tuning tips that work on almost every car. Hope this helps if you're unsure.

Zero camber means more traction, everywhere. In GT6 at least, not in reality.

Toe. Usually you'll want toe out or minus in front. Very little toe in for the rear. In extreme cases of under steer, toe out in the rear also. Extreme cases of poor rear traction, more toe-in for the rear.

Ride height equals traction. Higher in front favors steering, higher in rear favors understeer. MR cars sometimes like higher in back for stability. This is a good tuning aid for overall traction and balance.

Spring rate. Softer equals more traction feel. This means less abrupt loss of traction, not more, but more traction feel.

Sway bars. Softer more traction while cornering, stiffer more consistent while cornering.

Weight bias. More rear bias(+)equals more entry steering and exit traction. More front bias(-)means less entry steering and more exit steering.

After that you set brake balance based on entry steering and preffered feel, good to go.

Test away. :)

Back