500PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Big Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 149 comments
@Kossie 's tune was made with AS: strong, if you drive it without AS the car will have a lot more rotation.

My tune is for ABS only, if you would use AS: strong with it it should be a bit understeery.

I do not use AS ABS 1 is only driving aid. I modified your setting some more and improved my time. But sometimes I wonder if it is actually improved or my lines are just getting better. I had toe adjusted and went back to your settings and I,\'m sure it was an improvement. Im going to buy another car tonight and go straight to your settings to see what I can do with it. I strayed from your set-up initially as it was more comfortable with the changes. The faster I go the more I am drifting back to your original set-up. So might as well go all the way back! Thanks again for sharing. Also is fantastic to be able to use your ghost as a carrot. Sitting at a 119.858 right now. Last split I average between .7 and 1.0 behind you.

By the way you have an excellent average speed through turn two. I really have to resist the urge to go in too deep following you as it bleeds off to much speed in the first third of the corner and you just walk away through the middle. lol fun stuff.

95/90
6.00/5.47
6/6
7/9
5/5
0.0/0.3
0.00/0.00

7/4

12/34/28

15/185kg/7

112mph

500pp
245hp
791kg
47/53

@Kossie 's tune was made with AS: strong, if you drive it without AS the car will have a lot more rotation.

My tune is for ABS only, if you would use AS: strong with it it should be a bit understeery.

I do not use AS ABS 1 is only driving aid. I modified your setting some more and improved my time. But sometimes I wonder if it is actually improved or my lines are just getting better. I had toe adjusted and went back to your settings and I,\'m sure it was an improvement. Im going to buy another car tonight and go straight to your settings to see what I can do with it. I strayed from your set-up initially as it was more comfortable with the changes. The faster I go the more I am drifting back to your original set-up. So might as well go all the way back! Thanks again for sharing. Also is fantastic to be able to use your ghost as a carrot. Sitting at a 119.858 right now. Last split I average between .7 and 1.0 behind you.

By the way you have an excellent average speed through turn two. I really have to resist the urge to go in too deep following you as it bleeds off to much speed in the first third of the corner and you just walk away through the middle. lol fun stuff.

95/90
6.00/5.47
6/6
7/9
5/5
0.0/0.3
0.00/0.00

7/4

12/34/28

15/185kg/7

112mph

500pp
245hp
791kg
47/53

95/90
6.00/5.47
6/6
7/9
5/5
0.0/0.3
0.00/0.00

7/4

12/34/28

15/185kg/7

112mph

500pp
245hp
791kg
47/53

Please forgive my multiple postings with multiple attempts at deletes lol

One more thing the same things happens in the last turn as turn 2. Looking at the data My steering angle is higher which bleeds off too much speed. Really cool to be able to compare the data files.

I tried Mateus' tune, but couldn't get good laps with it. I had better success with more rear toe, LSD at 5/8/7, moving the ballast way forward and softer damping. 2/2, 2/3.

I got my best time with combining the two actually.

I think LSD setting of 5/8/7 seems easier to drive because you can keep the pedal planted more without the back coming around. But I have found that even though I can do that my speeds off the corners are usually slower. A higher setting helps the car finish the corner with less front steering angle and your speeds will be higher exiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent about 45 minutes trying Ed's exact set up, but couldn't get within a second of my best green lap. I think if I Kept after it I could get used to driving the higher diff and shock settings, but with harder tires and those settings I feel like I'm always at 15% throttle and having a hard time staying out of the gas so long.

I'm basically coming up with setups that allow me to over drive the car a little more.

I tweaked the diff, softened the shock damping and got within a half second pretty quick. But I've had enough of this one. :)

It took me a while to click with that tune as I prefer a more forgiving drive but it only needed one (reasonably) hooked up lap off me. I couldn't face going back to try for the 19 though. I don't see the point of spending a daft amount of time chasing a blink's worth of time per lap. After 20 minutes, I'm already glassy eyed and yawning from chasing a tenth.

I figure I'll be about 250th on the grid by the end of the TT. It'll be a heluva first corner.:P

I can not decide which is better, downfore 10 or 20. The new time is 18: 685 with 20 downforce. But 10-downforce the car is clearly faster in some corners.

Thanks to setup for Leonardo-787B! Have to try next week.

It seems the trick on the slippery tracks is to make the car as aggressive as is needed for best corner speed, then try and get away with a few really fast clean laps for best time. It is a single lap after all.

My mentality is too much like real racing. Im the guy who wouldn't qualify well, but I'd be in the hunt for the win in the race.

When do we do that? lol.

Thanks to ED and Matheausz.I was able to tailor a set which suits me :-)
Days of practise the first half of the track are over.Now starts the final part
which is only one turn but...its difficult.
I do not think i drive with AS again.Nobody would,iguess.:-)
1:19.3xx
And i have to give up the red line.This is really hard for me.

Hi pilots
If you want you can try my tune for this race :
Ktm X-Bow Street '12

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:
Awesome tune, it holds the track very well 👍. I managed a 1:23.532, one thing I couldn't figure out when tuning the car to you're settings was the torque, no matter what I did I couldn't get 250 hp and 319 torque and weight. I played around with the power and weight to get this, 250 hp 270 torque and 909kg. Was I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 34
Awesome tune, it holds the track very well 👍. I managed a 1:23.532, one thing I couldn't figure out when tuning the car to you're settings was the torque, no matter what I did I couldn't get 250 hp and 319 torque and weight. I played around with the power and weight to get this, 250 hp 270 torque and 909kg. Was I doing something wrong?

Hi @SilverSE102
Thanks for your comments and your enjoy for this car! !!!!:cheers:
In your settings in your second photo you added the high rpm turbo and Others. I have not put on mine just the sport exhaust.Maybe this is what all false. Otherwise I do not see where is the error. I could check tomorrow
Thanks again @SilverSE102 :cheers:

Hi pilots
If you want you can try my tune for this race :
Ktm X-Bow Street '12

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:

Sorry for the late acknowledgement (work and vacation). I had previously used your tune for the A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Since I had it set-up, I went ahead and tried it first it back on 6/16. I managed to get 1:26.726. I've since gone on to try other cars (like the Rocket).

Sorry for the late acknowledgement (work and vacation). I had previously used your tune for the A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Since I had it set-up, I went ahead and tried it first it back on 6/16. I managed to get 1:26.726. I've since gone on to try other cars (like the Rocket).

Thanks my friend @lasrjock for your test and your satisfaction for this car. It's a real pleasure to read your enjoy. No problem for the late acknowledgement .Thanks again my friend :cheers:

Here are the fastest times I can find in the top 2,000 who did not use Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 with unusual controller setups noted. (900° wheel with only ABS 1 is considered 'normal'.)

284 1:20.311 KTM X-Bow Street '12 by Final-Stage12 (Japan) Active Steering: Strong with 900° Wheel
(Literally more than 1,000 GSX-R/4 in here.)
1348 1:21.885 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by as096996 (Japan) TCS 4 with DS3 (directional buttons!)
1449 1:21.977 Honda NSX Type R '02 by ()
1497 1:22.029 Ford GT40 Mark I '66 by sacklack (Germany) popular choice in an old Trial Mountain seasonal?
???? 1:22.061 KTM X-BOW by @nowcontrol (UK) switched to GSX-R/4 afterwards
1636 1:22.169 KTM X-BOW by TBSS469 (USA) ABS 2 with DS3 (stick steering)
1665 1:22.192 KTM X-BOW Street '12 by you258 (Japan) DS3 (directional buttons!)
1813 1:22.300 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by takayakum (Japan) DS3 (stick steering)
1883 1:22.356 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by yoshikun36 (Japan) Active Steering: Strong with DS3
1929 1:22.388 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by @BenMillard (UK) with DS3 (right stick gas like @TNR_KING_FILO but still L2 brake, left stick steering)

These results will change, with a week left. My car had oil change and it's in the 200-300km phase, losing power rapidly during each run. Maybe I can be 2nd best out of those who did not use GSX-R/4? :scared:

Or maybe I can't be bothered driving Willow Springs with ultra slippery tyres where only one non-existent car is capable of fast times...again.

Last edited:
Here are the fastest times I can find in the top 2,000 who did not use Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 with unusual controller setups noted. (900° wheel with only ABS 1 is considered 'normal'.)

284 1:20.311 KTM X-Bow Street '12 by Final-Stage12 (Japan) Active Steering: Strong with 900° Wheel
(Literally more than 1,000 GSX-R/4 in here.)
1348 1:21.885 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by as096996 (Japan) TCS 4 with DS3 (directional buttons!)
1449 1:21.977 Honda NSX Type R '02 by ()
1497 1:22.029 Ford GT40 Mark I '66 by sacklack (Germany) popular choice in an old Trial Mountain seasonal?
1636 1:22.169 KTM X-BOW TBSS469 (USA) ABS 2 with DS3 (stick steering)
1665 1:22.192 KTM X-BOW Street '12 by you258 (Japan) DS3 (directional buttons!)
1813 1:22.300 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by takayakum (Japan) DS3 (stick steering)
1883 1:22.356 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by yoshikun36 (Japan) Active Steering: Strong with DS3
1929 1:22.388 Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by @BenMillard (UK) with DS3 (right stick gas like @TNR_KING_FILO but still L2 brake, left stick steering)

These results will change, with a week left. My car had oil change and it's in the 200-300km phase, losing power rapidly during each run. Maybe I can be 2nd best out of those who did not use GSX-R/4? :scared:

Or maybe I can't be bothered driving Willow Springs with ultra slippery tyres where only one non-existent car is capable of fast times...again.
where's the highest placed controller driver?

where's the highest placed controller driver?
That's easy to find. ;)

GT6 > Seasonal Events > open the event. Online Rankings > World Ranking, press Select to skip to 1st place. Click each entry and look at the bottom of the information - it gives the controller there. It also tells you the driving aids being used.

4th place is q--DOCK--p using DS3 (stick steering) but this is with GSX-R/4 '01 of course.

Without using the Suzuki, fastest controller driver is the 1348 entry already shown in my list. A lot more entries might get a top 2000 time before it ends. 👍

Cracked it, snuck into the 1:19's using Lisanorm's tune. Thanks again Lisa.

1:19.951 for #178.

Oh, have to give credit to Doodle as well, I'm chasing his ghost.

edit ... 1:19.898.

No probs mate glad it helped,not the fastest but does the job...Still laugh that you call me Lisa but that's ok Dalone...cheers Norm....aka lisanorm aka stormin norman

No probs mate glad it helped,not the fastest but does the job...Still laugh that you call me Lisa but that's ok Dalone...cheers Norm....aka lisanorm aka stormin norman
My bad, totally forgot, I'll try and remember in future Norm. Cheers mate.

1:19,591. I think a 19.3 is possible, but done now, In the next days i gonna try to make a better lap at Le Mans.
Yes me too, I'm happy to be sub 1:20 with 1:19.8 so it's time I had a look at the 700PP race before it closes.

Wow, shooter pipped immortal again. Looks like shooter has the almighty edge in the GSX'er with that active steering. But the gap is quite small considering the length of the lap and compared to Tsukuba. Amazing drive by Immortal who was miles ahead of the rest of the field.

L-Shooter_RB26 1:18,186 8 minutes before closed . Is only 8 minutes or 18 hour and 41 minute ?

There is a time and date difference between 2 videos !
The first one from the rankgs at seasonal event
and the other one from the exhibition(collection) at the main menu .

Back