500PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Toscana

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 111 comments
Keep it a secret BLUE JH?

Very important. Take note.

Listen for grip. Keep it tight. Don't slide. Like Loeb taught us in his challenges.

But still,

Paint it the matte red. :mad:

170/125
full soft
1/1
1/1
2/3

Brakes and rear toe are up to you.

Added all lightweightness and all that other stuff.

Racing exhaust. Power at 99.6%

Stock gearbox.

50/50 power distribution.

I got stock diffs. That's the next tuning step, but I'm not caring right nah.

Bring it old man!

Last edited:

But still,

170/125
full soft
1/1
1/1
2/3

Bring it old man!
yer, what vehicle ? Doh

But still,

170/125
full soft
1/1
1/1
2/3

Stock gearbox.

Bring it old man!

Man thanks a lot! I applied that over the tune from the screenshots on the first page and it really helped, much better overal grip, it felt a bit less 'rally' and a bit more 'road' so to speak. :)

After 3 tries I managed to do this! Collecting the paint chip and moving on with a happy face. :lol:👍

2015-02-20%2012.37.27.jpg

Pfff this is a tough one, just under 1:58 with the S206 after a few laps and the tune from the screenshots above, clearly rally isn't my thing even though its kinda fun.

I don't really have the patience to do this with trial and error for several hours so if anyone knows a good rally car and tune for it to get this done please let me know. I'd like to get the gold and move on.
You mean my tune?

So today i saw my friend @FranciRus did a nice lap with the Subby s206, so i tried that one, shaved 0:00,400 seconds off.
Took my own subby IMPREZA WRX STI '07, changed maxspeed from 270kmh to 260kmh
and changed ABS from 4 to 1, less agressive drive and used more grassy parts of the track and shaved 2,5 seconds off.
Now at 1:47,038.
shot0020.png

Want to see my lap? follow my youtube link in my signature.
_SubaruIMPREZAWRXSTI'07_Normal_by_DDDsprayshop_100.jpg

Last edited:
You mean my tune?
Yes indeed, yesterday I used your tune, gave it 2 tries I think but I couldn't get any better than 1:57. Today I kept your tune and added the tune from coryclifford on top of it (he didn't post any LSD settings so those are still yours). But I managed to first cut time to about 1:55.500 and then eventually barely got under the gold limit.

I am really a bad rally driver to be honest so maybe it's just my way of driving which made me struggle so much. But the car felt noticably different after applying cliff's settings, maybe give it a try as well and see how it works out for you.

One of the suggested cars was my old Land Rover, tuned by CargoRat. It was a bit under-powered for this race, so I added some power bits, and changed the FD a tad to compensate, then ran a 1:51 my first completed lap. Felt slow as hell, so I grabbed my '04 Spec C, but could only manage a 1:53 with it after 5 laps. CargoRat tunes FTW.

But still,

170/125
full soft
1/1
1/1
2/3

Stock gearbox.

Bring it old man!
What is 170/125? You dont mean front ride height 170 and rear 125?

Hi all, I have been a long time reader of this gtplanet forum and for the first time I have decided to throw in my $0.02 since I noticed that some people were having trouble getting gold with this event. I was using my trusty Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TM EDITION Special Color Package 1999 for this event and was playing around with some of the tunes you guys have been talking about. I modified them a little and was able to shave almost 4 seconds off my time (going from barely silver over multiple tries to getting gold only on my second try with this tune)

Ride height: 155/105
Spring rate: 5.85/6.50
Dampers (comp): 2/2
Dampers (ext): 2/2
Anti-roll bars: 4/4
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.03/-0.15
Racing brakes balance: 7/6

Only thing changed on transmission was decreasing max speed (auto set) from 162 mph to 155 mph

Drivetrain: Everything redsun23 had and Front/Rear Torque Split at 50:50

Power: Everything standard except for engine tuning at stage 3 and turbo kit at normal (came to 359 HP in the end)

Body: All weight reductions and ballast weight at 33kg with position at +42

I just wanted to thank you all for your help with all the tunes and hope that my slight modifications will help someone else out there.

P.S. Sorry, forgot to mention that I had traction control at 0 and ABS at 1.

Last edited:
Yes randys, that's ride height. Goofy but you should see some of the FWD car tunes… this is a simple, generic, soft, absorbent, get the car to slide predictably set up.

No LSD settings yet.

JoelH :mischievous:👍

Subaru Sedan WRX STI '10
currently sitting at 1:45.885 @LordJCS clocked a 1:45.628 with it, I've taken nearly 2 seconds off in sector one alone but botch it up in sector two or three and loose the lap for some reason.
Have fun with it. Treat it like tarmac for lines and you will go fast. Just adjust your breaking and use the slide when it helps you.

S206 NBR Challenge Pack 12 very rough tune got me a 43.6xx

take all weight off
Power...stg 3 eng power at 86.0%
trip clutch,carbon shaft,torque split 50/50 LSD F 10/40/24 R 10/40/24
tranny stock
SUSP..150/130..3.39/4.45..1/1..6/6..6/6..0/0..0/0 race brakes 6/8....... change these numbers if want as suggested
Dirt tyres
so being for a 4x4 event yes i went 4x4ing..... this will help some.. just change values to what you want, this is very rough set up

oh i had a wing on mine but df at 5 up to you what you want,with or without.

Last edited:
Impreza WRX STI '10 lap 1 gold.

Only tune was pp to the limit and TCS to 0. I guess all those laps during the Christmas (?) event payed off. Knew the track pretty good.

S206 NBR Challenge Pack 12 very rough tune got me a 43.6xx

take all weight off
Power...stg 3 eng power at 86.0%
trip clutch,carbon shaft,torque split 50/50 LSD F 10/40/24 R 10/40/24
tranny stock
SUSP..150/130..1/1..6/6..6/6..0/0..0/0 race brakes 6/8....... change these numbers if want as suggested
Dirt tyres
so being for a 4x4 event yes i went 4x4ing..... this will help some.. just change values to what you want, this is very rough set up

oh i had a wing on mine but df at 5 up to you what you want,with or without.
What was your spring rate please Lisa?

I wanted to use an SUV, though there are few of them in the game. Tried the Honda Element but couldn't get it anywhere near the PP limit, and only managed Bronze. So then tried the Range Stormer, bit pricey and can't repaint it for some reason but still fun.

Did some rudimentary tuning (as is my way) - All "free" parts (don't forget the brakes), full weight and window reduction, supercharger, sports exhaust and manifold which took me to 501PP so limited down a click. Fully adjustable suspension to raise the ride height 8cm, -0.40 spring rate front and back, then the damper and anti roll bar settings each down 1 click. Didn't touch the gear settings, and didn't mess with camber and toe as I still don't understand that shizzle.

Nice car, sounds good and not as heavy as I thought it would be, but definitely benefitted from the weight reduction. Scored a 1:52.something within a couple of laps.

Yes randys, that's ride height. Goofy but you should see some of the FWD car tunes… this is a simple, generic, soft, absorbent, get the car to slide predictably set up.

No LSD settings yet.

JoelH :mischievous:👍
better get some LSD on that veehicial lickity split young fella :lol:;):mischievous:👍

This would have been a great event with a stock car selected by PD with no tuning... Tuning on rally is tiresome 👎

Anyway I got the gold and dumped this one, hopefully someday a decent stock car rally event will pop up where we don't just see who has the best tune :P

Hi, set a 1.48.404 on a Subaru wagon sti 1999
125-117
Stock
Toe 0.15-0.40
Gear 250@3.999

Tune in élaboration... Euro values

Back