500pp NSX TypeR '02

500pp NSX TypeR '02

Mine goes 529 PP with 99% limiter and only Engine Stage 1 and Intake Tuning + Oil Change. It's 334 BHP but gotta limit it to 83.9% and then it only has 283 BHP.

Quick question, do I need to change the suspension setting if I want to make this car to go to 550PP with 400+HP?? (Without adding chasis custom part which improve the airflow)

I gave this tune a run last night and I have never owned an NSX (did not want to be a lemming) and in an online race at 500pp on sports soft on a controller with no aids I managed a 9.05 at the burg 24h on my first run and a 9.01 on my second run. I was so shocked that I took my next best car for a run to be sure the times were matching up and sure enough my next run was a 9.11... (fastest two times for me at the burg and only did two runs)

There are a few good points on this tune that I need to point out,

1. You can pretty much punch it out of corners with no fear of wheel spin which gives you massive confidence I usually only get from 4x4's.
2. The gears are perfect for this car on this tune...very impressive on launch off the start and out of corners.

Some points to be mindful off,

1. The front end takes a long time to find the apex in this car and mid corner understeer can be a pain, I don't know if it's the setup, or the car it's self but the pitch and roll in the mid corner feels false and unnatural.

Overall regardless if this tune has been updated the base tune is still very very quick.

(I tried this at Bathurst and it just did not work as well...)

I gave this tune a run last night and I have never owned an NSX (did not want to be a lemming) and in an online race at 500pp on sports soft on a controller with no aids I managed a 9.05 at the burg 24h on my first run and a 9.01 on my second run. I was so shocked that I took my next best car for a run to be sure the times were matching up and sure enough my next run was a 9.11... (fastest two times for me at the burg and only did two runs)

There are a few good points on this tune that I need to point out,

1. You can pretty much punch it out of corners with no fear of wheel spin which gives you massive confidence I usually only get from 4x4's.
2. The gears are perfect for this car on this tune...very impressive on launch off the start and out of corners.

Some points to be mindful off,

1. The front end takes a long time to find the apex in this car and mid corner understeer can be a pain, I don't know if it's the setup, or the car it's self but the pitch and roll in the mid corner feels false and unnatural.

Overall regardless if this tune has been updated the base tune is still very very quick.

(I tried this at Bathurst and it just did not work as well...)
I laughed at your comment about barthurst as I've had similar experiences. I use my shelby there btw, it's much more stable. As for the overall rotation and mid corner understeer, you are right. Its a mix of new 1.09 physics and a neutral setup. It can rotate more and be thrown into a corner a little easier if you just start lowering the braking setting on the diff. It just makes it a little harder to drive and this setup is for the average driver. It's not the setup I have on my personal car.

If you give me some details on what kind of behavior you would like, I can recommend some adjustments to get the car how you like it.

Thanks for the feedback though, it was very informative and exactly what I like to see.

Quick question, do I need to change the suspension setting if I want to make this car to go to 550PP with 400+HP?? (Without adding chasis custom part which improve the airflow)
Sorry man I missed this question somehow. I will try it and see what happens. I might even recommend a different nsx to start with. The suspension should be about the same. Mostly you would need LSD changes. I will give it a go and see what I find.

I laughed at your comment about barthurst as I've had similar experiences. I use my shelby there btw, it's much more stable. As for the overall rotation and mid corner understeer, you are right. Its a mix of new 1.09 physics and a neutral setup. It can rotate more and be thrown into a corner a little easier if you just start lowering the braking setting on the diff. It just makes it a little harder to drive and this setup is for the average driver. It's not the setup I have on my personal car.

If you give me some details on what kind of behavior you would like, I can recommend some adjustments to get the car how you like it.

Thanks for the feedback though, it was very informative and exactly what I like to see.

I changed the LSD to give it better turn in, TBH I don't think it's that bad but I just have to remember and adjust my driving style to match.

It gets super flighty on the first mini straight and also at the end of the straight but it's a joy trying to wrestle the speed down and control the rear end of the car.

Could you so a tune for this car on Leguna Seca with 520pp? Im in a race team and have a upcoming race friday next week. Would be much appreciated ✌️

Back